Cheap alternatives to overpriced hydroponic nutrients

• Thread starter Chronic Monster
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
What did they recommend you to use?? Was it close to the 3-2-1 Jacks, CalNit and Epsom. That would be cool as shit if it was exactly the same.

for the record 3-2-1 is roughly 80% of the full strength dose of jacks (from the directions on the bag). Lately I have been running more like 50% of full strength, and I have 0 issues.

bdwbadd

bdwbadd

I think I'll give it a try next grow.There's so many choices and so much hype hard to knoww whats real and whats just hype.So might as well try one that wont break the bank lol

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

for the record 3-2-1 is roughly 80% of the full strength dose of jacks (from the directions on the bag). Lately I have been running more like 50% of full strength, and I have 0 issues.

Oh, I never used Jacks and didn't know its already basically recommended.

I've been running lower nutrients then ever before and I really like it.

Jabapc

Jabapc

I run 3 grams of Jacks and 2 1/2 grams of Cal Nit at 80 % in DWC..plants at 2 weeks into flower and plants after 8 weeks..Jacks works very well and its cheap..but most nutes once you get them worked out seem to work well get your grow room right first and you'll have great results

IMG 0059
IMG 0135
icepick

icepick

Hi everyone im new to the site but i have been reading the forums as a non member and decided to register. The info you guys have is the best ive seen yet. I did buy the jacks pro hydro, cal nit, MOST and bloom booster. So let me get this straight i have a 40gal res i use 120g of jacks professional powder mix in res
80g of cal nit powder mix in res
40g epsom salt
What formula do i use for the bloom stage?

GR33NL3AF

GR33NL3AF

Yes that would be the 3-2-1 ration however, most dilution that down around 80% (in a 40 gal res, 96g of Jacks, 64g Cal/Nit, and 32g of Mag), all depends what your plants tell you via run-off. And yes it is the same ration for flower. Are you running R/O?
Hi everyone im new to the site but i have been reading the forums as a non member and decided to register. The info you guys have is the best ive seen yet. I did buy the jacks pro hydro, cal nit, MOST and bloom booster. So let me get this straight i have a 40gal res i use 120g of jacks professional powder mix in res
40g epsom salt

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
40g epsom salt

Yes that would be the 3-2-1 ration however, most dilution that down around 80% (in a 40 gal res, 96g of Jacks, 64g Cal/Nit, and 32g of Mag), all depends what your plants tell you via run-off. And yes it is the same ration for flower. Are you running R/O?

That is the 3-2-1 ratio. 80% of the full strength recommendation.

You can simply add .5 grams per gallon of bloom booster weeks 3-7 of flowering if you are using the 3-2-1 formula.

So you would add 20 grams of bloom booster to your 40 gallon res.

Greenleaf, I do not think most people dilute the 3-2-1 down 80%. 3-2-1 came from diluting the full strength version down 80%. I believe it was SB that first did this, but I do not remember.

Currently I run 50% of full strength (around 1.1. EC)

icepick

icepick

Yes i am running RO which on my meter reads 0. Had to recheck the meter to make sure it wasnt broke. I ended up running it at 60g of jacks hydro 40 cal nit and 20 epsom just to see how they react.

icepick

icepick

That is the 3-2-1 ratio. 80% of the full strength recommendation.

You can simply add .5 grams per gallon of bloom booster weeks 3-7 of flowering if you are using the 3-2-1 formula.

Greenleaf, I do not think most people dilute the 3-2-1 down 80%. 3-2-1 came from diluting the full strength version down 80%. I believe it was SB that first did this, but I do not remember.

Currently I run 50% of full strength (around 1.1. EC)

ator, post: 1032746, member: 25818"]That is the 3-2-1 ratio. 80% of the full strength recommendation.

Currently I run 50% of full strength (around 1.1. EC)[/quote]

Thats what i was looking for thank you very much.

ttystikk

ttystikk

I run the same 3-2-1 ratio and then dilute to my target EC. In my case, that's anywhere from 1.1 in veg to 1.8 in peak bloom.

My bloom booster changes; .5 gram/gallon of MOAB, or 5-10 ml/gal of botanicare CNS17 Bloom or ripe (these are complete nutes, I use them to bump ec between change outs), or any of a number of P boosters, used at about 1/2 label strength to start. I don't added much K per se, because I think Jacks has plenty.

I run high humidity (especially for Colorado!), so I run my ec higher than most RDWC growers in bloom, often by 25% or so. My girls look great, no tip burn, grow well and dank. I flush for 8-10 days with 2g/gal of Epsom salts and 1ml/gal of standard sugar. This results in fabulous colour, very smooth smoke, intensely aromatic flavors- and empty inventory, lol

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
Hello everyone looking at this thread.. :)

I just want to make sure that people reading this understand that jacks 3-2-1 combo is 80% of the manufacturers recommended full strength dose.

It makes more sense to me to dilute from the full strength recommendation instead of dilute from the diluted version.

For example 80% of 3-2-1 is actually 80% of 80%...

So when I say I am running 50%, it's not 50% of 3-2-1. It's 50% of the full strength version.

Hopefully ^^^ this will help avoid some confusion in the future.

GR33NL3AF

GR33NL3AF

Hello everyone looking at this thread.. :)

I just want to make sure that people reading this understand that jacks 3-2-1 combo is 80% of the manufacturers recommended full strength dose.

It makes more sense to me to dilute from the full strength recommendation instead of dilute from the diluted version.

For example 80% of 3-2-1 is actually 80% of 80%...

So when I say I am running 50%, it's not 50% of 3-2-1. It's 50% of the full strength version.

Hopefully ^^^ this will help avoid some confusion in the future.
Want to make sure I get this right...
In a 100gal res at 50% the dosage would be: 150g, 100g, and 50g?

datDANK

datDANK

ANYONE have any advice on buying molasses for smaller to med sized grows?????

ttystikk

ttystikk

If you don't need much, just get it at the grocery store. If it's unsulphured molasses that's good enough for your flapjacks, is good enough for your garden.

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

Do you plan on using it for the entire grow or only during the final week or 2?? If your gonna use it during the ripening stage then a bottle from a grocery store would work fine and would last at least 9 months.

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

i plan on making ACT teas.. just looking for the best deal

It depends on where your located, Jalisco Kid gets 5 gal buckets or something like that for really cheap. I'm sure you can get great deals online, but shipping might ruin the 'great deal' part.

Latest posts

Top Bottom