Cheap and easy vertical

• Thread starter fractal
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
fractal

fractal

Tower Of Power, ideally I would have a 600 watt Halide conversion bulb in between the two 1000 watt bulbs. I got sunmasters in there right now, but I think that hortilux is better for some reason. I am just not seeing quite as fast flower development as I did last time around, even with year old hortilux hps bulbs.

TowerOfPower
SSH98 4
SSH98PK
S

saner1r

Looks good bro. My buddy grows vertical never have seen it though. NICE!

fractal

fractal

I love how the HinduFuneral strain looks so small and compact, but about day 40 as you can see she really starts to blow up and by 55 days all the hairs are orange and crystals just pile up on top of one another.

These plants are positively GLOWING. . . Can you all see the shiny cuticle on those leaves? I toed the line with PPMs this time around, last week they were looking pretty curled and overfed but I gave them all plain water and within a day things were back to normal.

There is a very responsive ecosystem going on in each pot since I inoculated them with beneficial bacteria spores and each pot of promix is like a giant rapid rooter plug it is so cool! I can press my finger into the soil a little bit and it is totally spongey and alive, and smells like forest humus or mushrooms. As long as you don't overdo it with the mineral nutes, the beneficials will thrive in a hydroponic environment. I plan on switching to organics soon but I am very happy with the results of AN sensi bloom nutes, pureblend CalMag, AN Overdrive and a touch of Protekt silica to keep the cell walls strong and healthy.

Z

Zombielicous

Efficiency is the name of the game, and you got the high score man, very nice.

I'm salivating.

I

innercityphunk

What's up Fractal? u still dialing in that squardium?

I'm thinking about doing my 5x10 tent in that fashion.

can we get an update. thnx broseph.

icp

fractal

fractal

Hey dudes and thank you for the interest, again I really dig the fact that I inspire even one person to take a new look at really wtf? are they doing with their time and resources? Power bills are insane for a good sized grow that can supply a few people with enough medicinal buds. A lot of growers are using the undercurrent buckets or similar hydro things to grow huge trees and pull the same numbers but that takes so much time for vegging, and fucking A the thought of plumbing the hydro and relying on pumps and more electricity is giving me a headache just thinking about it.

I want to get the most mileage from my state's medicinal cannabis laws and keep it simple which is why i like this method. Also everything stays up off the ground which helps to fight pests and improves airflow around the whole garden. There is nothing like opening up the Squadium and standing inside a 360 degree panorama of buds. I got a little insane with the pics last week because I was just in there spinning around high as a kite smelling all the different flavors it's much better than standing over a table looking at some plants that can't help but shade the light from their bottom 2/3 and growing tons of scraggly larf buds.

Vertical and illuminated or horizontal and underground, that's my philosophy. I won't have it any other way.

fractal

BLOCKHEAD500
W1kspidersquirrelv
I

innercityphunk

What kind of numbers did u pull down?

will u be running it again?

fractal

fractal

averaging over 3 lb's a light right now but it's only running 4 months so far I have yet to fill it up completely. I'm just running the numbers, right now 99 x 35g is easy so I am going to take it to 45g per plant and have it filled to capacity. I have to juggle plants that are rooting vs what is ready to harvest, etc. . . Because I am not trying to go over 99. That is a good number for me I don't want federal assholes coming after me for a plant.

I

innercityphunk

I'm going to turn my tent into a squrdium.

I'm thinking about drapping a net around the racks to kinda scrog train them.

99 is a real good number. u must be across the bay.

fractal

fractal

YES screens are a good idea. I am letting my girls hang it all out if they want to. . . the catpiss and hindu funderal do this from the weight of the resin but most strains hold themselves upright and I give them a good stem crush at the base on day 1 of flowering. . . They develop a big knot there to support more bud and it makes them bend over doggystyle so I can have my way with that sweetness.

99 is an excellent number, and yes I'm across the bay and then over the hills and far away. Not too far though, I'm going to the bay tomorrow to get some kosher red bull in fact. LOL

Keep it up dude we need to get a bay area Farmathon Cup or something going. . . I really want to see how my buds compare to the scene because I came here from humboldt with no friends and don't know anyone out here to see where I stand. I was doing good in humboldt though, and I was fucking it all up in hindsight! haha those druggies are like babies holding all the candy. LOLROTFL

I

innercityphunk

Yo fractal,
I sent u a pm. if ur in the bay soon hit me up.

S

swisscheese

This is pretty epic and I am going to be giving it a try. Last vertical went pretty good for me but I think this will take it to the next level!! Are you using a particular spacing from the light to the racks or just eyeballing it? I'm working with about a 10x10 room to test this in and am trying to figure out a layout, sounds like I'll be saving some space too. More bud, less veg, less start up on equipment, small easy to manage plants, less space used for same result.

bloads

bloads

Been thinking of this thread for months now.

Going out today to buy material to make some shelving in my room. I've got a perpetual going right now with a few going in&out every few weeks, so I'm going to slowing have to piece these shelves in, a few at a time.

Aligee

Aligee

Vertical shelves of coco smartpots oh yes this is the way my friends hands down cant be topped ...im just saying>>>

P

Pandaman

Very Nice!

You seem to have found the Fountain of Vert! I totally want to do this now :).

It worries me that the plants start to hang down, are you worried that the branches will snap? Just curious. Will the "screen" help here?

I have a decently sized, if not a bit angular closet that I want to use. I'd only be using 1 1000hps for this, would you have any suggestions?

Right now I grow on the floor with a 1000hps.

Once again man, you got a very nice but simplistic system that I can't seem to get outta my head, I have to try it!

:hi

Peace
Panda

Top Bottom