Cheap and easy vertical

• Thread starter fractal
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
bloads

bloads

Vertical shelves of coco smartpots oh yes this is the way my friends hands down cant be topped ...im just saying>>>

This is my plan, I just need to iron out how to make a feed/drip system. Think I'm going to steal a variation on this ingenious design:
5 low. So here is some photo of the setup.
00237.JPG
00142.JPG
00748.JPG

It worries me that the plants start to hang down, are you worried that the branches will snap? Just curious. Will the "screen" help here?

I was thinking about this problem, and my solution was simply going to be to tie it to the rack/pot above it

P

Pandaman

I was thinking about this problem, and my solution was simply going to be to tie it to the rack/pot above it

Been thinking about this setup all night and I really like it. I'm pricing cool tubes and the racks I will need. I like what you have so far, it looks easier to manage.

Side question... I've seen the Dual Cool Tubes and they look bad ass! I like the option of adding a second 1000 light and still use the same exhaust system. Question is, have you used the Dual Tube or know about them? Thanks.

When you get the drip/feed system, i'd really like to see a pic :).

Thanks
Panda

V

VolcanoVapin

Hmm, I want to try something similar to this. Does anybody know where to get grow bags or nursery pots that DON'T have drainage holes?

A

AliasAO

Hey dudes and thank you for the interest, again I really dig the fact that I inspire even one person to take a new look at really wtf? are they doing with their time and resources? Power bills are insane for a good sized grow that can supply a few people with enough medicinal buds. A lot of growers are using the undercurrent buckets or similar hydro things to grow huge trees and pull the same numbers but that takes so much time for vegging, and fucking A the thought of plumbing the hydro and relying on pumps and more electricity is giving me a headache just thinking about it.

I want to get the most mileage from my state's medicinal cannabis laws and keep it simple which is why i like this method. Also everything stays up off the ground which helps to fight pests and improves airflow around the whole garden. There is nothing like opening up the Squadium and standing inside a 360 degree panorama of buds. I got a little insane with the pics last week because I was just in there spinning around high as a kite smelling all the different flavors it's much better than standing over a table looking at some plants that can't help but shade the light from their bottom 2/3 and growing tons of scraggly larf buds.

Vertical and illuminated or horizontal and underground, that's my philosophy. I won't have it any other way.

fractal

Great Thread but how did no one comment on that awesome fucking chipmunk tarantula. that shit scared me and made me smile at the same time.

Yonking the Vert Idea As well. Thanx Fractal

T

theTinker

Is there much light being wasted where the segment of light directly horizontal of the pots is?

Would u suggest in your opinions if it would be worth trying to hang the lights horizontally instead, with each light level just above the top of the pot. Would this increase light efficency?*

*top + bottom light might need some kind of reflector to stop light hitting the floor and ceiling.

iscrog4food

iscrog4food

Looks nice bro! I had a similar setup before I moved to a med state. I did 3 thousands down the middle and zip tied rock wool slabs to 2x4s vertically on top feed recirculating set up. That thing would put out 1.75 gpw with big bud as the strain! Was an economy ass kicker but Too many plants though! Yours looks good though but I think if you hung some horse fence from the ceiling and vegged a bit longer to do a vert scrog you could really kill it ( get the plastic coated kind and after harvest you can use it to dry on too if your next round is not ready yet. Also it doesn't rust!) either way sweet setup!

Latest posts

Top Bottom