Cheap azz solution for intake filters....actually im looking for a solution

• Thread starter Jellybean
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
J

Jellybean

Cheap solution for intake dust filters....actually im looking for a solution

not talking about carbon filters here, but the actual filters that you wrap around the intake fans - they sell em and are called Dust Shroom filters (stupid name right?)..... im not trying to drop 80 beans on a couple of those dust filters that fit on the inline fans...anyone come up with some alternatives?

im running the intake through the hoodz so the room wouldnt get dusty but the glass is fuggin nasty and def ruins the light coverage - and its not efficent to bust out the windex every two weeks and clean em (fuck it im lazy, i admit it).

i was actually thinking about taping some strips of bounce dryer sheets over the fans intakes, but i dont think that is kosher either.

Cort

Cort

Make a box.

One end of that box has a flange or some jury rigged set up for your intake ducting. The other end of that box is set up to hold a standard home a/c- furnace type filter.

If you just tape the filter to the ducting only a very small portion of the filter is being used.

Filtered intake... done

dankworth

dankworth

Yeah I was going to get a 27 gal tote, and cut two 8" holes for my intakes to mate to(8" flex ducting) and then cut a square hole in the lid, and seal a 16" x 20" furnace filter to the square hole. And then get in the crawlspace and install it. I bought that shit months ago.
And when I stop feeling like vomiting/the snow fucks off/my hands go back to working when I want them to/I get all the other more important shit out of the way, I will get right on that.

If I could just do whatever work whenever I wanted, hell yeah I would have that shit installed in a second. It would pay for itself super fast with the extra light to the canopy. And when my ganja is done healing me, I will bust out shit like this every day. Until there is no more shit to bust out. And then I can get to growing my own food and putting it in a juicer like that Australian guy. And then life will be all like salad and jogging and ganja.
:banana1sv6:

I know some of you guys feel like that too.

G

grinkeeper

panty hose . I have used them for years... really works and at a buck for four your set for a while... double up if your worried.. also there is very little resitance

J

Jellybean

panty hose . I have used them for years... really works and at a buck for four your set for a while... double up if your worried.. also there is very little resitance

actually that sounds even easier to rig

Cort

Cort

Panty hose will keep the big stuff from getting in. I live in the desert, lots of fine sand particles in the air. It dont work great here, but its better than nothing.

Thing about the air filters, you can buy the fancy HEPA filters too of you desire cleaner air or just keep with the cheap ones for a standard level of clean.

C

Calgreen

This is what I use and it works great for me. Haven't had any problems with bugs or anything. That filter on eBay would be good but why would you new a carbon insert for an intake? I'll use panty hose till I wanna get a heap or dust shroom.

ambertric

ambertric

cheapest option is a pair of tights they working a treat :) so glad my friend told me to use a pair coz iv seen how quickly shit builds up on the outside that would ov gone straight into my text :(

Top Bottom