Cheap dayton vent fans!!!

• Thread starter chief greenleaf
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

chief greenleaf

Whats up my fellow farmers! Was just on Craigs List and came across a guy thats selling really nice 495 cfm Dayton Squirrel Cage Fans for $46 bucks! Theyre brand new and the price includes shipping!:sign0065: Needless ta say this is extremely cheap for a fan of this caliber, I mean I know there's a ton of us on here who have paid close ta a grand for fans to exhaust our rooms and this price just seemed kind of odd. The first thing I was thinkin is that this guy is just tryin ta scam people out of their money. So I did some research and found the same fan on Worms Way (who normally have extremely high prices) for like 90 bucks which they claimed was 50% off of the normal price of $180! So if theyre sellin it for $90 Im thinkin that this guys probably legit, but there's gotta be a reason for this fan being so cheap everywhere!
So Im kind of wondering if there might be something wrong with this particular model that is making retailers sell it for so cheap. Anybody out there know anything about this model????
Here's the link to the fan on Worms Way:

Dayton Vent Blower
"Exhaust Heat From Your Indoor Garden"
More Products By Dayton

Price:$179.96
You pay: $89.98
Save 50%

Item #: VF630
Size: 495 cfm
Weight: 14

So I guess if we find out that there's nothing wrong with this fan and its just unusually cheap we can all benefit from it! Here's the link to the guy selling the fan on Craigs List:

manicgrower

manicgrower

Premium Member
Supporter
Its probably because most people are using in-line fans now. They are just more efficient and easier to install. That is cheap, but Ill never go back to using squirrel fans now that I run the in-line fans....

R

Radio_Dread

i agree, inline fans are so simple to set up and use. eps with a carbon filter. its nice to just match up the cfm from the filter to the fan and your set.

C

chief greenleaf

Yea I agree inlines are def better over all but a comparable inline fan of the same power is gonna run you $200+ at least. Inlines are a lot more energy effecient and a hell of a lot more quiet but for anybody trying ta grow on a budget or that just doesnt have a few hundred bucks ta drop on a fan you cant beat a quality brand with that much power for 50 bucks ya know.

J

Jalisco Kid

You can get cheap squirrel cages from heating guys. I bought some 2000 cfm's for 5 bucks apiece. They are from central heat furnaces. JK

S

ShorelineTex

I'll eventually buy some inlines, but I've been using Stanley Blower Fans for years now, and as long as I clean the dust out of them every 2 seasons or so, they never give me an issue. I put up a pic/link on how to mod them to take 5in ducting at the thread below...$40 for the fan and $3 for a 6in starter neck and you're set...

I am becoming increasingly jealous of those of you with nice inlines though...

T

TheGrowNinja

anyone know if the 6" sun leaves wind tunnels work well with 6" Mountair filter? im thinking of two of those

E

everTree

Isn't a blower better? An inline fan can only handle a carbon filter? Can an inline fan cool a room to?

Latest posts

Top Bottom