cheap easy way to set up ebb and grow buckets??

• Thread starter -hydrofarmer-
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
H

-hydrofarmer-

Hey all,
I have 2 3x3 hydrotables and wanted to experiment with the ebb and grow buckets but i only wanted to do one cause of space.
Here are my supplies and a pic
1. 3 Gal.
1. 5 Gal.
1. 15 Gal. reservoir
4ft. 3/4 inch tubing for the fill
3ft. 1/2 inch tubing for drain
25 watt fully submersible pump
This picture isn't drawn well just well enough for you guys to tell me if it would work.:)
DSC_0596.JPG

R

Reefer Franklin

Why a 3 gallon bucket inside a 5 gallon ? I would use two 5 gallon buckets, the inner one with holes drilled in the base. And are you sure that the 15 gallon reservoir won't overflow the 3' x 3' tray ? It's going to need to have about a 5" rim to prevent spillage.

Also part of the reason for using the ebb and grow bucket system is that you use much less water, hence less nutes, hence cheaper to feed. You're going to need 15 gallons worth of water and nutes to feed one plant. I'm using 50 gallons of water and nutes to feed 48 plants.

The Reef

R

Reefer Franklin

PS Hydrofarmer,

On further thought....... You can grow a tree in a 5 gallon bucket, so unless that's your plan I would suggest the following. Buy a six pot 2 gallon replacement kit at your friendly hydro store for about $70. It should come with the tubing and fittings. Six pots will fit nicely on a 3' x 3' table. If you are growing something tall and spindly like OG Kush you can get nine pots on it.

The rest of your proposed system should work well. Don't fill your reservoir completely, or use a smaller one. You should only need 6 - 9 gallons of water in your reservoir for the six plants. You need two pumps, one to fill and one to drain. And unless you want to be watching the set up 3 - 4 times a day you're going to need a timer.

I think that should do it.

Tha Reef

H

-hydrofarmer-

PS Hydrofarmer,

On further thought....... You can grow a tree in a 5 gallon bucket, so unless that's your plan I would suggest the following. Buy a six pot 2 gallon replacement kit at your friendly hydro store for about $70. It should come with the tubing and fittings. Six pots will fit nicely on a 3' x 3' table. If you are growing something tall and spindly like OG Kush you can get nine pots on it.

The rest of your proposed system should work well. Don't fill your reservoir completely, or use a smaller one. You should only need 6 - 9 gallons of water in your reservoir for the six plants. You need two pumps, one to fill and one to drain. And unless you want to be watching the set up 3 - 4 times a day you're going to need a timer.

I think that should do it.

Tha Reef

did everything the way i said i was and cam out good but the only thing that changed is that i am using one 5 gal bucket with a 2 gal pot works great post pics tomorrow:character0029:

H

-hydrofarmer-

Here it is my ebb and grow bucket
DSC_0599.JPG

DSC_0601.JPG

The TEMPORARY res because its to small i got the REAL res. disinfecting
DSC_0600.JPG

My 2 bulb florescent veg. grow light hangin 1.5 ft. above the plants in the cloner and the plant in the E&G Bucket.
DSC_0602.JPG

Super Skunk 2 days into veg.
I made all this for around $60 including the light which i got at walmart for $10:confused0054:

H

-hydrofarmer-

DSC_0602.JPG

Leaves look white cause i sprayed for bugs because i seen nats in my room

T

TKronic

Bro the tinfoil ain't helping you, the flat white wall behind it is more reflective.

L

Lost

Scrap the ebb and flow and go dwc.. You can make it rdwc pretty easy. Might as well..

mittenmedgrow

mittenmedgrow

Tin foil is junk . create hot spots doesn't reflect evenly at all. read up on it

lollipopman

lollipopman

Give you a little help on your cloner, get some foil tape or black spray paint for the lid, your clones will take longer to root with light penetrating the top

H

-hydrofarmer-

Thanks those plants roots are at least all 3 inches now just wait to get space

H

-hydrofarmer-

Tin foil is junk . create hot spots doesn't reflect evenly at all. read up on it

That's if it gets wrinkled and if you use the shiny side up...:evilgrin0040:

Hey all I finally got paid and went out today and got this mylar stuff. A new HID light and ballast because dont like the florescent lights couldn't see any growth. So i went with a 400 watt Metal Halide.

H

-hydrofarmer-

How they look?

Hey all, since last time i updated i have set up my DWC up a little differently. I have 2 of 3 plant Super Skunks in DWCs I moved the Super skunks out from under the 400w MH light and put it under a 1000w hps. They are all bout a month old :)
DSC_0634.JPG
http://thcfarmer.com/forums/gallery/data/500

[img]http://thcfarmer.com/forums/gallery/data/500/DSC_0635.JPG
DSC_0636.JPG

DSC_0638.JPG
DSC_0637.JPG

Top Bottom