Cheap LED grow light

• Thread starter pfaber11
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
P

pfaber11

Hi been trying this LED light off of ebay and it seems my plants prefer it to my 135 watt CFL . I've been using this for a few days and am really pleased with it although I cannot claim to have tried any other LED lights . They do a 50 watt version and a 100 watt. I opted for the 100 watt . It was £9.29 for the light but I bought a cable and a plug plus cable connector . The whole thing cost me £16 . Not sure how long it will last but for the price I really like it . My one has 136 LEDs for the 100 watts although I have seen 100 watt ones with only 96 LEDs . The light it produces is purple and not white . Anyway here it is . I know it looks like something some ones made in their garage but it really does work and is very bright . I've got 5 tomato plants under mine in a 60 x 60 x 140 grow tent . It's early days but I think they put out about 6000 lumens . I think the guy that designed and built this should have called it something so people could refer to it . Would it be better to purchase an expensive one , maybe but I am impressed with this thing so far . Have a nice evening .
Cheap led grow light

P

pfaber11

Yeah I must admit it is funny but it appears to work pretty good . They'll be all the rage soon . My tomatoes seem to like it anyway which is what counts.

tobh

tobh

Supporter
Depends on your space and use requirements. I'm using a Growstar S-600 in a 2 1/2ft x 3 1/2 ft area for my starting area. Not sure on the lumens output, but it was $80 USD on Amazon and had the best reviews for the cheapest lights in its class.

BigCube

BigCube

I laugh, because this fixture represents every misconception of led grow lights.

Just a few facts for you.

Burple lights are NOT full spectrum. They are just red and blue. Despite their advertising.

This is not a 100w led. This is a 100w equivalent, running at about 20 watts.
Each SMD draws 0.2 watts x 96 = 19.2 watts.

You want 35w per square foot of led light to grow good cannabis. You would need 2 of these every square foot to get any real results.

This light may be good for clones and sprouts if you get them very close. But this will not yield you any decent cannabis.

P

pfaber11

I see will need to invest in a new one . Pay day today so won't have to wait too long. so I'll get on to it tonight when I've got more time .

Last edited:
BigCube

BigCube

If you want some ideas, just ask. A lot of us are using LEDs, there are some great options that dont cost too much.

P

pfaber11

Well I'm waiting for delivery of my new LED light . Looked on amazon and ebay and ordered from ebay as it was cheaper . Not much stock left in the UK now most of the stuff was from china and I'm not waiting over a month. Anyway it's a home LED 600w light . It draws 110 watts from the wall . Which is about where I want it . Oh yes what did I pay it was 30.99 including p&p . 2 items I attempted to buy but was pipped at the post . I have been looking at LED lights all day .

P

pfaber11

Thanks Big cube but I had a fair idea what I wanted and what I wanted to spend . Well pleased what I got for the price . Just hope it doesn't arrive smashed . Should be here next Thursday if I'm lucky. My tomato plants have now got white spikey bits on them so I must be doing something right .

P

pfaber11

Thanks for letting me know that the light I was using was totally crap. From what I read they are prone to shorting out . Got the real deal this time I think I'll be lucky to get 50000 hours out of it though. Oh by the way my first one is now only 50 watt as half of it is now dead. Only had it a couple of weeks. Might be cheap but as stated are crap.

Moshmen

Moshmen

Thanks for letting me know that the light I was using was totally crap. From what I read they are prone to shorting out . Got the real deal this time I think I'll be lucky to get 50000 hours out of it though. Oh by the way my first one is now only 50 watt as half of it is now dead. Only had it a couple of weeks. Might be cheap but as stated are crap.
There’s tons of info on the farm, and it’s easy to end up with these!

D603A854 CDC2 4442 A53E 46D4FBA565F8

Latest posts

Top Bottom