Cheap lighting!

• Thread starter altitudefarmer
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
manicgrower

manicgrower

Premium Member
Supporter
Are you sure those are 100watts each? They dont look like the 100watt cfls. The packaging can be tricky though. Alot of em say 100watts but they mean equal to a 100watt incandescent....

G

ganjherbsmoke

thats def an interesting design with the cfls
ive been rockin cfls for quite some time now lots of ways to set them up and theyre super cheap
home depots got 4 packs of 23 or 26 watters for 8 bucks right now and they sell 68w cfls theyre big as hell but pump out 4400 lumens :)

altitudefarmer

altitudefarmer

Are you sure those are 100watts each? They dont look like the 100watt cfls. The packaging can be tricky though. Alot of em say 100watts but they mean equal to a 100watt incandescent....

Honestly, I didn't examine the bulbs themselves...kinda bright LOL. Pretty sure my buddy the electrician didn't get mixed up, tho. These also are not Home Depot / Lowe's cfls; he gets better quality bulbs through the electrical supply house. Thanks everybody for your input!!!!!

G

ganjherbsmoke

ya those are definately equivalent sizes bc i have a 68 w cfl and its like at least 3 or 4 x that big those are def a bunch of 23 or 26ers

altitudefarmer

altitudefarmer

I was in Home Depot and looked at different sizes... Those are definitely "equivalent watts". In any case, I'm starting a bloom session on Monday with some smaller plants- you'll get a grow log... you guys rock.

O

organamike420

ecoplus 125w better maybe option

i would just go with the eco 125w cfl with just a mogul socket with a cord and hang it vertically. 50 bucks and your done! ive been using mh + hps
+ t5s for veg but ever since i bought the one to supplement a corner i am amazed by them and am switching over to all 125w cfls with both spectrum's for veg. just tie a loose half hitch knot in the cord and you can hang it from anywhere. these bulbs are way cheaper at an electrical supply too ask your buddy about them. less work, less space, less money, and more penetration and more light.

Top Bottom