Cheap Nutrient Routine/Important Additives

• Thread starter ejordan121
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
E

ejordan121

I'm new to growing outside and was wondering a good cheap nutrient routine. Additionally, if you had to say one additive was most important (bud hardener, etc).

Imzzaudae

Imzzaudae

I'm one of those guys that likes to go against the grain, I have grown with good old Miracle Gro 12-4-8 liquid in yellow bottle Both indoors and out. Great plants.
Flowered them with Miracle Gro in the green bottle 4-12-4 and the plants finished up very nice.

I have grown with good old hardware store Pro - Mix 12-6-6 also with great great results.
Flowered with Pro-Mix 5-15-5. finished with very nice bud.

You will need to dig in a little bone meal. This is the calcium for flowering.

I also grow organic living soil. Click the link.

Germinating a seed is easy.

Don't be tempted to start seed real early. Your better to weight until 3 weeks before the weather turns nice.
Crack some beans. Transplant seedlings when the ground is nice and warm and the plants will just grow for you.

I prefer shorter very bushy plants so they are not so easy to spot and really like this method indoors and out.

If your going to use a liquid fertilizer you should spend a little time learning how to calculate how much you need to use.

Seedlings and young plants.
Start at 300ppm nitrogen
As the plant gets larger it will require 500ppm to 600 ppm N to keep them nice and green threw the veg cycle.
When your plants start to stretch. Keep them on the same fertilizer for 3 weeks.
Only when you are sure they have finished stretching switch to flowering fertilizer.
300 ppm N for 3 weeks full strength.
Then cut the Nitrogen in half 150 ppm N for 2 weeks and see how your plants are doing.
You will have plenty of time to read up on flowering cannabis between now and then.

It really depends on what you want. I look at what guys are spending on pre-loaded potting mix, 3 part liquid fertilizers.
some of the lists are long and very expensive, hundreds of dollars a plant. I simply refuse to pay big $ for fertilizer.
Hope this helps you.

Last edited:
E

ejordan121

I'm one of those guys that likes to go against the grain, I have grown with good old Miracle Gro 12-4-8 liquid in yellow bottle Both indoors and out. Great plants.
Flowered them with Miracle Gro in the green bottle 4-12-4 and the plants finished up very nice.
View attachment 2157033

I have grown with good old hardware store Pro - Mix 12-6-6 also with great great results.
Flowered with Pro-Mix 5-15-5. finished with very nice bud.

View attachment 2157035

You will need to dig in a little bone meal. This is the calcium for flowering.

I also grow organic living soil. Click the link.

Germinating a seed is easy.

Don't be tempted to start seed real early. Your better to weight until 3 weeks before the weather turns nice.
Crack some beans. Transplant seedlings when the ground is nice and warm and the plants will just grow for you.

I prefer shorter very bushy plants so they are not so easy to spot and really like this method indoors and out.

If your going to use a liquid fertilizer you should spend a little time learning how to calculate how much you need to use.

Seedlings and young plants.
Start at 300ppm nitrogen
As the plant gets larger it will require 500ppm to 600 ppm N to keep them nice and green threw the veg cycle.
When your plants start to stretch. Keep them on the same fertilizer for 3 weeks.
Only when you are sure they have finished stretching switch to flowering fertilizer.
300 ppm N for 3 weeks full strength.
Then cut the Nitrogen in half 150 ppm N for 2 weeks and see how your plants are doing.
You will have plenty of time to read up on flowering cannabis between now and then.

It really depends on what you want. I look at what guys are spending on pre-loaded potting mix, 3 part liquid fertilizers.
some of the lists are long and very expensive, hundreds of dollars a plant. I simply refuse to pay big $ for fertilizer.
Hope this helps you.
This is exactly what I was looking for, thank you.

E

ejordan121

When do you personally start watering with your pro mix (age/size of plant)?

Imzzaudae

Imzzaudae

I start seedlings at about 12- 14 days. 100ppm Nitrogen. So if the plant starts looking, there is something available.

Keep in mind that 99% of seedlings that die are killed buy over watering. The trick is to just keep the medium moist enough to keep the seedling alive.

Feel free to ask questions.

leroygreen

leroygreen

Cheap nutes, jacks classic. You can use jacks 321 or get the all purpose for veg and bloom for flower.

Latest posts

Top Bottom