Cheaper alternative to grove bags

• Thread starter logic
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
logic

logic

Administrator
Staff
I love grove bags but there just too expensive for what they are, plus there shipping charges are outrageous 🤑

its about time some competition showed up on the scene, im going to be placing an order for these very soon.

71episdqysl

Durable Plastic Exterior / Food Grade Aluminum Interior / Matte Finish

58%-62% Humidity, Terpene Curing Storage, Zip Lock Resealable & Heat Sealable

Analogguy

Analogguy

They may be expencive (your term not mine) for what they are but not for what they DO!

Deadstill

Deadstill

I'm from the government, and I'm here to help.
Supporter
do what?
crush trichomes..
a bag is a bag- the worst container for storing weed.. these type of bags were created for one reason only, shelf display…
I ordered a 100 pack of their 5 gallon wicket bags for last year's hemp harvest and I have to admit they were worth every penny. They're just the plain, clear bags nothing fancy not even a ziplock but they have done a great job at keeping my hemp fresh and they really don't collect trichomes on the sides of the bag as they advertise, which I was doubtful of before ordering them, but it's true. I just keep them sealed by twisting the top of the bag really tight and then putting a twist tie on tightly, and the buds are staying at an acceptable humidity range and still look as good as the day I harvested, so even being skeptical about it in the beginning, I have to admit Grove Bags are worth the investment. They were for me, anyway.

I wouldn't order those fancy versions unless I owned a dispensary or were selling product online or something, though. But the plain, clear Grove Bags seem to be working out well for me, so far!

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
I ordered a 100 pack of their 5 gallon wicket bags for last year's hemp harvest and I have to admit they were worth every penny. They're just the plain, clear bags nothing fancy not even a ziplock but they have done a great job at keeping my hemp fresh and they really don't collect trichomes on the sides of the bag as they advertise, which I was doubtful of before ordering them, but it's true. I just keep them sealed by twisting the top of the bag really tight and then putting a twist tie on tightly, and the buds are staying at an acceptable humidity range and still look as good as the day I harvested, so even being skeptical about it in the beginning, I have to admit Grove Bags are worth the investment. They were for me, anyway.

I wouldn't order those fancy versions unless I owned a dispensary or were selling product online or something, though. But the plain, clear Grove Bags seem to be working out well for me, so far!
well good for you, i wouldn’t waste time or money on them..
so say something fell on the bag or you step on it or this or that??..
pails or jars for me..

Deadstill

Deadstill

Supporter
well good for you, i wouldn’t waste time or money on them..
so say something fell on the bag or you step on it or this or that??..
pails or jars for me..
Yeah I agree it's not the best for protection from physical damage, but for long term storage in a safe area, it was more affordable and viable than trying to fit all that weight into buckets or hard containers. And, I've been able to reuse the bags, as well, because they hold up for a long time and don't break down like cheap bags or turkey bags.

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
Yeah I agree it's not the best for protection from physical damage, but for long term storage in a safe area, it was more affordable and viable than trying to fit all that weight into buckets or hard containers. And, I've been able to reuse the bags, as well, because they hold up for a long time and don't break down like cheap bags or turkey bags.
yepper.. in your case or even diesels yes you guys are more like farmers, so why not use a drum, barrel?..
if people use the bags than i’d want to know when the first moment of it starting to deteriorate is..
which they do..
jars and food production grade quality pails don’t degrade or release any toxins no matter how much used..

Trash_2002

Trash_2002

Deadstill

Deadstill

Supporter
yepper.. in your case or even diesels yes you guys are more like farmers, so why not use a drum, barrel?..
if people use the bags than i’d want to know when the first moment of it starting to deteriorate is..
which they do..
jars and food production grade quality pails don’t degrade or release any toxins no matter how much used..
Yeah it was more of a quick solution rather than long term. Eventually yeah I'll probably get a bunch of barrels for storage but at the time, it was either the grove bags or buckets or totes or something, and didn't have the money to invest in anything too expensive at that point in time. But the bags I got worked out to like a little over a dollar per bag, I think I paid something around 120 bucks for the 100 pack, shipped. The clear wicket bags they sell are much cheaper than the fancy printed ziplock ones but just as good.

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
Yeah it was more of a quick solution rather than long term. Eventually yeah I'll probably get a bunch of barrels for storage but at the time, it was either the grove bags or buckets or totes or something, and didn't have the money to invest in anything too expensive at that point in time. But the bags I got worked out to like a little over a dollar per bag, I think I paid something around 120 bucks for the 100 pack, shipped. The clear wicket bags they sell are much cheaper than the fancy printed ziplock ones but just as good.
ya obviously if your going to use them than have an area for them to be safely kept and be gentle when handling them.. sure…

Analogguy

Analogguy

do what?
crush trichomes..
a bag is a bag- the worst container for storing weed.. these type of bags were created for one reason only, shelf display…
No a bag isnt just a bag. If you are crushing the buds you are not following instructions correctly as Grove bags will tell you not to fill bag but leave 20% airspace in bag for them to do there thing.and if you are stepping on them I suggust you dont leave them on the floor! Just put them in a box in a closet for a month or so.

dreamnfox

dreamnfox

The time they save was the main selling point for me. Burping tons of jars was to time consuming. Some of my large bags are on there 3rd run. Definitely not for everyone but they are pretty great. They buds in buckets for 6 months do not smell anywhere near as good as the buds coming out of the bags at 6months

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
The time they save was the main selling point for me. Burping tons of jars was to time consuming. Some of my large bags are on there 3rd run. Definitely not for everyone but they are pretty great. They buds in buckets for 6 months do not smell anywhere near as good as the buds coming out of the bags at 6months
ok but that’s you and could be for any number of reasons, the buds smell better or worse.. maybe the pails you have actually don’t seal well? put water in them and shake it vigorously see if any moisture escapes, you could have to much air/bud ratio compared to the bag?..

i’ve never ever had to burp jars..
i cure/store in food grade pails or jars, you wouldn’t be able to carry a couple grams anywhere without everyone knowing..
to me any issues is not from the jar, pail, bag.. something has happened along the growing/drying process or could just be strain etc etc..
anyhoo..

dreamnfox

dreamnfox

ok but that’s you and could be for any number of reasons, the buds smell better or worse.. maybe the pails you have actually don’t seal well? put water in them and shake it vigorously see if any moisture escapes, you could have to much air/bud ratio compared to the bag?..

i cure/store in food grade pails or jars, you wouldn’t be able to carry a couple grams anywhere without everyone knowing..
to me any issues is not from the jar, pail, bag.. something has happened along the growing/drying process or could just be strain etc etc..
anyhoo..
These are the food grade buckets with the proper lids. Curious how you cure in jars with out burping? Are you curing in the buckets then into jars once they are done?

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
These are the food grade buckets with the proper lids. Curious how you cure in jars with out burping? Are you curing in the buckets then into jars once they are done?
well can’t really say it’s a method as i got lazy a few yrs ago and left buds hanging for 3-4 weeks but i kept the environment in check, obviously when they were ready probably 10-14 days i kept temps no higher than 60 and humidity was between 65-70.. eventually trimmed/jarred and left that for like a week before looking at it and when i did it was totally fine, beautiful smell, texture etc.. so i kinda just be doing it that way ever since.. i bet you could hang dry with good environment for 2 weeks than trim and jar and not have to burb..
if anything you and i do sometimes/most times depends is use a 58% or 62% humidity pack
when jarring..

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
i hear ya about the pails you have, screw top? if so fill with water and shake, you might be surprised how tight the lid has to be to be air tight.. maybe..

dreamnfox

dreamnfox

i hear ya about the pails you have, screw top? if so fill with water and shake, you might be surprised how tight the lid has to be to be air tight.. maybe..
I will test the buckets and see, the seal looks great, humidity stays exactly the same. Had one sitting for 2 years, got really lazy on that one.
I am in Colorado so its hard to hang dry for any longer then 10days, even in the tent.
Its funny you mentioned being lazy, that was the whole reason for trying the bags😁
They are very reusable, i keep mine in a box in a closet, so no worries about crushing them here

B

BudzAldrin

to

This guy.. Defying science like always.

Imagine if people on the internet produced quality instead of pretending they do.

Top Bottom