Cheapest Rent In Cali?

• Thread starter DrCALIGREENTHUM
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
DrCALIGREENTHUM

DrCALIGREENTHUM

Interested to know what other farmers are paying for rent for a good sized house and backyard?

Hoping to move up outta the city and into the open by this season coming up looking for a nice spot with a Huge backyard at least an acre or 2.
Off on my own with no neighbors to bother me for at least a couple hundred feet?

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Look at `MC`s Forrest Adventure` my friend. 10 acres of virgin Northern Cali forest gained in barter and an RV is now my home.

DrCALIGREENTHUM

DrCALIGREENTHUM

Rv is cool and all dont get me wrong, just not for me

I want my own space with a house and a secluded, fenced back yard the works

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
inland areas from Bakersfield to Modesto are cheapest...Maybe the desert..I dunno..
But south of the grapevine...and north of Modesto..
.And anywhere near the coast Is pricey

fractal

fractal

North of Oroville, east of Mt Shasta up in the high desert has got to be the cheapest rents in all of california, that whole northeast corner of the state. I've thought about setting up shop there in the past, it's really remote and forested if you can handle being really out in the middle of nowhere. But you would be driving 3 hours or more to get things like groceries and supplies .

Surfr

Surfr

Just cruisin....
Supporter
Nor Cal away from the Bay area will be the cheapest areas in the state. Other than the desert areas, but it gets hot as fook 6 months out of the year. I dig the northern areas of highway 395. Bishop is a awesome remote little town. It's got everything you need store wise. Your surrounded by gigantic Sierra mountains. Some of the best fishing, and snowboarding in the state as well. Oh and rock climbing and other outdoor activities.

baba G

baba G

bean sprouts are tasty
An acre or two and that kind of privacy in California, with a landlord who is not anti 215...your spending atleast 2k a month...

baba G

baba G

bean sprouts are tasty
But, depends if you want 100+ degree summers too, cost can go lower but you'll pay in energy use to do your thing in summer in those high desert areas...

DrCALIGREENTHUM

DrCALIGREENTHUM

Thanks for the options guys Im hoping not to move to far away from the Los angeles area

I was thinking maybe ventura, santa barbara, inland empire

somewhere along those lines would be cool, not to harsh on the weather for a good sized outdoor crop.

Rent money is the last of my worries to be honest I pay about $5000...
Id he bouncing off the walls if i could pay half that :thinking

Yes a very greedy landlord that knows whats up lol at least i have 2 jobs right?

My biggest problem is being so young @ 21, renting a big ass house for myself looks suspicious, not to mention I dont even have any credit established lol

so them knowing somewhere along the lines that I might being doing a couple plants here or there for my personal use is going to have to stated from the start imo

& as far as craigslist goes that site is slowly getting taking over by cooperate greed every subject has someone for a company behind the screen nowa days

i look in the homes for rent and nothing but real estate agents have taken over, nothing like it was a couple years ago
That being said it wipes out 90% of the ads for me, calling an agent with no credit and being 21 will get me hung up on lol :D

Surfr

Surfr

Just cruisin....
Supporter
Your best bet is to go through an agent/rental agency. They are going to leave you alone the most. Remember this is still not legal in California and with the federal crack happening lately a lot of landlords are definitely not cool with it now.. A lot of places in So Cal aren't even worried about credit right now. As long as you can prove that you can pay the rent they don't care. They understand with the economy that a very large chunk of the populations credit is screwed anyways. With the places you listed the IE is going to be the cheapest.. You can find houses on some acreage with like 5 car shops/garages for under 4k a month easy in the Temecula area. And you are surrounded by grape vineyards which is cool. Santa Barbara is going to be the most expensive. The Ventura area has some decent spots up above in the foothills.. Might want to check out Ojai.. Hit me up with any questions bro.. I am pretty familiar with the real estate in most of Southern California.

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
edit. I am also a dumbass.

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
westside rentals bro.

But if you aint got credit it aint gonna be easy.

Dz1PnK

Dz1PnK

mecca, probably 500 a month for what you want. about 2hr drive to la, maybe more... lol

ttystikk

ttystikk

Rv is cool and all dont get me wrong, just not for me

I want my own space with a house and a secluded, fenced back yard the works

The key to MarkCastle's setup is that it's HIS. I will live in an RV- happily- while I build my own place on my own piece of property... and fencing is cheap to buy and goes up easily.

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

Just depends on the area!In the inland empire/high desert area you could get a nice pad on 2-5 acres(maybe w/a shop)for 1200-2000 a month depending on how nice you want to go.Growing outside might be a problem with the law in so cal though unless you had a greenhouse as most counties want it in a secured building which i beleive a greenhouse would meet that criteria.

DeRail

DeRail

If your paying 5K a month now I would move into a cheaper place for 5 months and save the extra 20K for a down payment on a place of your own and forget paying rent. a mortgage payment would be a lot less and there are a lot of private $ lenders out there for home loans off the books. and in the end your investing in yourself home prices are at a time low.

ttystikk

ttystikk

If your paying 5K a month now I would move into a cheaper place for 5 months and save the extra 20K for a down payment on a place of your own and forget paying rent. a mortgage payment would be a lot less and there are a lot of private $ lenders out there for home loans off the books. and in the end your investing in yourself home prices are at a time low.

Seriously? I got that kind of equity, hook me up with some of these guys!

Top Bottom