Cheapest route to air cool a grow tent?

• Thread starter Miked1988
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Miked1988

Miked1988

My grow room is starting to get the temps up and it’s gonna continue as the summer is almost here..

so Is there any cheaper options than spending $500-$700+ on a mini split?? Is there any mini air conditining options I could just buy and add some Freon and keep refilling the unit? I just don’t want to spend a arm and a leg being that I don’t have any AC ducts attached in my garage..

Mikelej14

Mikelej14

cool mist humidifier

Using one of these with a broad area fan (like a box fan on low) can quickly cool a small area off 5-10 degrees... Not sure if its enough for your situation, but it worked well for me in a closet grow 💁

Miked1988

Miked1988

cool mist humidifier

Using one of these with a broad area fan (like a box fan on low) can quickly cool a small area off 5-10 degrees... Not sure if its enough for your situation, but it worked well for me in a closet grow 💁
Thanks for the reply appreciate it! I actually just bought one but since it’s a humidifier too I was kind of nervous about the humidity being in the air and running the risk of PM.. how is the humidity holding up for you using it? Would I need a dehumidifier to go with it?

Mikelej14

Mikelej14

Thanks for the reply appreciate it! I actually just bought one but since it’s a humidifier too I was kind of nervous about the humidity being in the air and running the risk of PM.. how is the humidity holding up for you using it? Would I need a dehumidifier to go with it?

My typical humidity in the room is usually only around 30-35% so if the humidity starts getting up over 60%, i just open the area up and it drops back below 50 quite fast 💁 since it is cold mist it doesnt hang in the air quite the same way the heated humidifiers do, causing that muggy effect.. As long as the air circulation is good you shouldnt have any major issues

Mikelej14

Mikelej14

Also, the model i linked has UV intigrated into it, so you know it is at least clean humidity, not launching spores :p

Miked1988

Miked1988

Ever seen those a/c infinity fans?

yeah I think so like these ones?

do you know how cool they get and I wonder if I could attach it to my carbon filter too?
I’m running 2 duct fans right now one is sitting up along my plants inside my carbon filter (no room to hang it) and another 6” fan to air cool my (2) 1000w hps lights (figures why it’s so hot) lol

A99F694A 35BC 4D78 9810 E786258832E9

Latest posts

Top Bottom