Check out my legal grow ! Advice/tips welcomed

• Thread starter bravokillz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
bravokillz

bravokillz

Hey I just wanted to show you guys my new grow and see if there is anything I could be doing better. We are starting week 4 in a few days and the strain is White Widow.

Check out my legal grow  advicetips welcomed 3

Check out my legal grow  advicetips welcomed

Equipment: 48x48x72 tent
600W Mars Hydro LED
(2) 4inch 100cfm intake fans
205 cfm carbon exhaust fan
humidifier on a sensor
dehumidifier (haven't had to use it yet)
mini heater on a sensor
4 or 6 inch (can't remember) hurricane fan for air movement
another small little fan for air movement
5 gal fabric pots
Fox Farm Ocean Forest soil
Fox Farm nutrient lineup (haven't used any yet because soil is so rich)

Environment: 68-70F degrees at night
73-74F degrees during day (can't go much higher right now because grow is in basement and little heater can't keep up)
65% humidity
water PH between 6.3-6.8​

Summary of grow so far: This is my third grow and everything seems to be going fairly well so far besides a couple things. First off, I think I made a mistake by putting the germinated seeds straight in to Fox Farm Ocean Forest soil. I have heard that Fox Farm is too rich to be starting soil but never had an issue until this grow. On two of the plants it seems like a couple of the leaves are warped, shiny and are curling down (picture below). The new leaves seem to be ok, I think it might have been nitrogen toxicity but if anyone else thinks otherwise please let me know. Another possible reason for the warped leaves could be because I messed up and stored my seeds in a very cold basement. It could also be that the humidifier steam is too close to plants and is warping them, not sure.

My two plants on the left seem to be filling out nicely with big leaves and the other ones seem kind of less filled out, I'm assuming genetics maybe?

I've also heard different things about what distance my lights should be at, right now they are at 27 inches above the plants. I plan to drop it down to 24 soon and then 18 during flower. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Other than that grow seems to be going pretty well. I just topped them a few days ago, not sure if I did that completely right to be honest. Going to water one more time and check ppm, if everything looks good then start nutrients. Also I plan on moving away from Fox Farm nutrients next grow just because I have heard that there are better products out there. I would like to go completely organic next time.

Please let me know if there is anything I could be doing better, thanks for looking!

here is a picture of one of the warped curling leaves
(just realized it's not the best pic, sorry about that)

Check out my legal grow  advicetips welcomed 2

PK1

PK1

Supporter
welcome to THC farmer @bravokillz your plants look good and i don't see any deficiency on the at the moment.
FFOF is a good soil but like you mentioned its to rich. You should start your seedlings in FFHF instead and then transplant to FFOF.
also your light is to high at 24" i think mars calls for 20" at seedling stage and then 18" in veg.
if you can move that humidifier to an area that is not pushing the steam to the leaves.

bravokillz

bravokillz

They look like my 3 bears og. Looks good.
Thanks! Yeah I already grew two of these seeds and severely screwed them up because of temp and pest issues. I only harvested 2.2 oz...pretty disappointing. It was still really good bud though! Hopefully this time I nail it so I can see it's full potential.

bravokillz

bravokillz

welcome to THC farmer @bravokillz your plants look good and i don't see any deficiency on the at the moment.
FFOF is a good soil but like you mentioned its to rich. You should start your seedlings in FFHF instead and then transplant to FFOF.
also your light is to high at 24" i think mars calls for 20" at seedling stage and then 18" in veg.
if you can move that humidifier to an area that is not pushing the steam to the leaves.
Awesome, thank you so much! I will adjust the light now, probably take it down a couple inches a day just so I don't overwhelm them.

Reactions: PK1
PK1

PK1

Supporter
you won't be overwhelming them at 18". also one light won't have enough strength to get the plant to show its full potential. sry

bravokillz

bravokillz

you won't be overwhelming them at 18". also one light won't have enough strength to get the plant to show its full potential. sry
alright, I just dropped the lights. I appreciate the info!

Top Bottom