Check this out

• Thread starter cb7222
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

cb7222

I need anyone that can check this out and tell me what's up with this one plant. I got 5 GDP fem seeds and popped them all at the same time and had them all under that same lights and same conditions but this one plant took off and started showing white hairs after only 4 weeks. It's now been 7 weeks since they first popped out my solo cups and shea covered with white and orange hairs. This is my first time growing and I've watched 1000 videos and read a couple books bits haven't seen a plant looking like this. I say she cause I assume its showing its sex right? I thought it might be a male or hermie but I'm almost 100% positive its not I've checked every node for any sacks and though the little teardrops with the hairs coming out look kind of big in someplace they def dont look like sacks though. I thought I might of somehow sent it into flower also but I dont see how that could of happened..they never went without light..damn sure for not 12 hours.. I'm putting pictures of it and the rest of the plants to compare.. I'm growing in coco with RO water..my tap water is 350ppm I didnt have a choice... but I've had mag deficiencies and nitrogen also and I think I'm dealing with it but I'm pretty sure its slower my growth down cause I'm thinking after 7 weeks they should be bigger idk..any hell would be greatly appreciated..I'm lost and have nobody to show and ask. I did transplant it before the others also.... is this a female for sure..
20200114_011459.jpg
Check this out 4
Check this out 7
Check this out 8
Check this out 9
20200114_011459.jpg
20200114_010305.jpg
20200114_010513.jpg
20200114_011432.jpg

Check this out 2
Check this out 3
Beachwalker

Beachwalker

If that's the only plant doing that under a vegetative light cycle it may be an automatic and not a photoperiod seed?

TimeLine

TimeLine

root bound by chance
I ran GDP 2 years and anytimeit would get close to root bound it would try to flower

HeLLfiReZ

HeLLfiReZ

Are they all under 12/12? That's defiantly female they all are, and they all are actively flowing. You also need to adjust your nutrient that yellowing between the veins is deficient.

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

root bound by chance
I ran GDP 2 years and anytimeit would get close to root bound it would try to flower
I wouldn't think a small plant in a big pot like that would be root bound?

C

cb7222

Are they all under 12/12? That's defiantly female they all are, and they all are actively flowing. You also need to adjust your nutrient that yellowing between the veins is deficient.
No they're not 12 12 yet.. I started running my lights 24hr straight but I dropped it to 19 5.. but it already had hair all over it before I did that
If that's the only plant doing that under a vegetative light cycle it may be an automatic and not a photoperiod seed?
Yes, could be possible, thanks
root bound by chance
Def not root bound, I just transplanted it into 5gal and the roots were barely starting to poke out but thanks
You think they're flowering for real? They've never seen 12 hours of dark not even by accident.

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Next to last picture looks like a magnesium deficiency; however the last picture has a little pink color, might mean early phosphorus lockout, unless it's the lighting?

I'm not a Coco grower so I'm not the best person to advise you, however if you list what you're feeding & at what PH and PPM maybe myself or somebody else might be able to offer some suggestions

I did notice your starting at 350 PPM from the tap which is less than optimal, that might be your issue right there, you might want to consider a small RO unit?

C

cb7222

Next to last picture looks like a magnesium deficiency; however the last picture has a little pink color, might mean early phosphorus lockout, unless it's the lighting?

I'm not a Coco grower so I'm not the best person to advise you, however if you list what you're feeding & at what PH and PPM maybe myself or somebody else might be able to offer some suggestions

I did notice your starting at 350 PPM from the tap which is less than optimal, that might be your issue right there, you might want to consider a small RO unit?
I actually use RO water, because my tap is 350+. And I've been using the general organics go box.. I started at a third of the rec dosage and have used molasses once a week and super thrive for transplants. I add Mykos also. Mixed in the coco and a top dressing.. I didnt realize how much calmag I need using coco and RO so I've since upped to 150% dose calmag and started a calmag foliar feed and upped to half nutes on everything else. I've been battling mag deficiencies almost the whole time I think but i think I have it under control.

C

cb7222

I actually use RO water, because my tap is 350+. And I've been using the general organics go box.. I started at a third of the rec dosage and have used molasses once a week and super thrive for transplants. I add Mykos also. Mixed in the coco and a top dressing.. I didnt realize how much calmag I need using coco and RO so I've since upped to 150% dose calmag and started a calmag foliar feed and upped to half nutes on everything else. I've been battling mag deficiencies almost the whole time I think but i think I have it under control.
I'm just confused because it looks like its flowering but I just dont see how and if it is what do I do.. oh and I started adding the bloom nutrient for transition to flower...

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

I need anyone that can check this out and tell me what's up with this one plant. I got 5 GDP fem seeds and popped them all at the same time and had them all under that same lights and same conditions but this one plant took off and started showing white hairs after only 4 weeks. It's now been 7 weeks since they first popped out my solo cups and shea covered with white and orange hairs. This is my first time growing and I've watched 1000 videos and read a couple books bits haven't seen a plant looking like this. I say she cause I assume its showing its sex right? I thought it might be a male or hermie but I'm almost 100% positive its not I've checked every node for any sacks and though the little teardrops with the hairs coming out look kind of big in someplace they def dont look like sacks though. I thought I might of somehow sent it into flower also but I dont see how that could of happened..they never went without light..damn sure for not 12 hours.. I'm putting pictures of it and the rest of the plants to compare.. I'm growing in coco with RO water..my tap water is 350ppm I didnt have a choice... but I've had mag deficiencies and nitrogen also and I think I'm dealing with it but I'm pretty sure its slower my growth down cause I'm thinking after 7 weeks they should be bigger idk..any hell would be greatly appreciated..I'm lost and have nobody to show and ask. I did transplant it before the others also.... is this a female for sure..View attachment 930257View attachment 930260View attachment 930263View attachment 930264View attachment 930265View attachment 930257View attachment 930261View attachment 930262View attachment 930266
pic 4 and 9 im seeing some webbing ,might check under them leaves.
not real sure if im getting you right,you have since realized your water is a issue na dnow your using RO water right? also giving cal mag at 150ppm to start with in your water right?

C

cb7222

I started at like 300 ppm and a 5.8 to 6.2 ph.. I just recently flushed them and found out the ph is rising to about 7 in the pot so I guess im going to shoot for 5.5 5.6 to account for that idk

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

I'm just confused because it looks like its flowering but I just dont see how and if it is what do I do.. oh and I started adding the bloom nutrient for transition to flower...
it flowering because it a auto mate,only logical solution in my spock voice,all the yellowing is cal mag issue along with bad feeding habits,it not to late all can be worked out

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

I started at like 300 ppm and a 5.8 to 6.2 ph.. I just recently flushed them and found out the ph is rising to about 7 in the pot so I guess im going to shoot for 5.5 5.6 to account for that idk
if you flushed and still have a 7 ph ,what ph water are you flushing with?
you need to find out with your runoff what ph and ppm you have running out the pot mate

C

cb7222

pic 4 and 9 im seeing some webbing ,might check under them leaves.
not real sure if im getting you right,you have since realized your water is a issue na dnow your using RO water right? also giving cal mag at 150ppm to start with in your water right?
No I've been using RO the whole time. I rinsed but did not soak the coco in calmag regrettably.. I am currently soaking the coco I'm using to transplant in tho so hopefully that will help. But i was using 5ml of coco with a third nutes but I just started using 7 1/2 ml and a calmag foliar spray until they get better.

C

cb7222

it flowering because it a auto mate,only logical solution in my spock voice,all the yellowing is cal mag issue along with bad feeding habits,it not to late all can be worked out
Yes your exactly right . I was feeding sporadically and using organic but not using a strong enough dosage for using organic..was taking advice from synthetic users and thinking the organic was as strong and needed to cut back.. I've recently upped it to about 600ppms. I had nutrient burn and found out my root zone was at about 1200ppm so I flushed and got it down but then noticed my ph is rising after I feed so I think I got cal mag and nitrogen def. And possibly phosphorus.

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

No I've been using RO the whole time. I rinsed but did not soak the coco in calmag regrettably.. I am currently soaking the coco I'm using to transplant in tho so hopefully that will help. But i was using 5ml of coco with a third nutes but I just started using 7 1/2 ml and a calmag foliar spray until they get better.
probally get better response ,if you take your RO water add 150 ppm of cal mag ,then take your nutrients and add them to get the ppm you need ,not what manufacture suggest you use,plants dont work for them you work for them and at every stage of life the request a certain volume to substain good growth along with up take,in your coco you should also try taking your ph up to 6.2 for better uptake of your minerals

C

cb7222

if you flushed and still have a 7 ph ,what ph water are you flushing with?
you need to find out with your runoff what ph and ppm you have running out the pot mate
Currently its 600 to 650 ppm and 7 ph.. the water I flushed with is around 6.5 I think.. I'm stuck using the solution and matching colors so its hard to be accurate

C

cb7222

probally get better response ,if you take your RO water add 150 ppm of cal mag ,then take your nutrients and add them to get the ppm you need ,not what manufacture suggest you use,plants dont work for them you work for them and at every stage of life the request a certain volume to substain good growth along with up take,in your coco you should also try taking your ph up to 6.2 for better uptake of your minerals
So should I make the ph of my nutrient solution lower since its rising in the pot?

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

Yes your exactly right . I was feeding sporadically and using organic but not using a strong enough dosage for using organic..was taking advice from synthetic users and thinking the organic was as strong and needed to cut back.. I've recently upped it to about 600ppms. I had nutrient burn and found out my root zone was at about 1200ppm so I flushed and got it down but then noticed my ph is rising after I feed so I think I got cal mag and nitrogen def. And possibly phosphorus.
if your getting 1200 ppm runoff,you need to keep flushing,those numbers coming out should be close to whats going in,you have a salt buildup thats why every thing is locking up,plant dont know what to do,you can continue to foiler the cal mag if you insist,me personally think your wasting time,flush the plant with 6.0 to 6.2 ph water .flush ,when you get close to either or the ph being right ,then flush a couple more jugs with your ph and nutrient solution at 600ppm to finalize the flush,check your runoff mate,each time to see were you stand ,you could run 20 gal of water threw there before you get it right,but plant is yellow from salt buildup,even transplanting the plant into new soil isnt gonna help unless you transplant nothing but roots ,all old coco off plant,and at this state you probally gonna kill it

Top Bottom