Check Valve For My Drip System?

• Thread starter JMcG
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
JMcG

JMcG

Hey farmers!
I haven't been around lately, waaaaay too much going on during the summer to stop in much.
But I did make the switch from my UC system to coco and I am totally loving it! It is super easy and low maintenance nad I love being able to use bennies again, not to mention the plants look supremely healthy.
I looked at some threads with some pretty extensive drip systems being shown. I want to ease into the pool here so I just used 1/2" tubing and made drip rings for each container and I regulate the flow to each pot with a simple ball valve. I am using a Brute 32 gallon can as my rez. It sits on the ground with a 1/2" line coming out of the bottom which runs through an inline pump and then to the plants. In order to keep the rez from being siphoned empty when the pump quits in between feedings I have raised the plants off the deck by about 8". This works ok but I can't fill the rez and have to add nutes daily.
So, what I need is a 1/2" barbed check valve, right?
I looked online and only saw ones rated to 125 psi, which shouldn't be enough for 30+ gallons of water. I am still looking but thought I would throw this out there and see if anyone has been here before.
Cheers

Top Bottom