Cheese from Seedsman

• Thread starter Dr.B
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Dr.B

Dr.B

Suspended a QP of great trim into 3 kg of formerly raw, organic local honey. Got around 20 x 1/2 cup jars... A tspn on toast with butter last night and I was 13 years old again! Going momentarily blind when standing up too fast, dropping things, walking into stuff and sleeping like a baby afterward...

Going on two two and three weeks respectively curing this harvest... Should I keep going? All I'm doing is opening jars once or twice a day now... lol

IMG 20200606 092628
IMG 20200605 221019
IMG 20200606 092702
Dr.B

Dr.B

Suspended a QP of great trim into 3 kg of formerly raw, organic local honey. Got around 20 x 1/2 cup jars... A tspn on toast with butter last night and I was 13 years old again! Going momentarily blind when standing up too fast, dropping things, walking into stuff and sleeping like a baby afterward...

Going on two two and three weeks respectively curing this harvest... Should I keep going? All I'm doing is opening jars once or twice a day now... lol
*Keep posting, not curing... The curing will continue... I think I'm going to call this one. Thread over!

Dr.B

Dr.B

24 hours later, this honey is already helping its first cancer patient. (Second patient if you include the Doctor 😉)

I love this shit!

Dr.B

Dr.B

One more follow up post on this strain. These were clones that I sent out of town a month or so ago. I'm proud of my adopted out babies! Its nice to have a good student for once too!

IMG 0844
Dr.B

Dr.B

One more follow up post on this strain. These were clones that I sent out of town a month or so ago. I'm proud of my adopted out babies! Its nice to have a good student for once too!
34 /70 days into flower in that pic.

Bean_Boy

Bean_Boy

Awesome, are you going to do this strain again? The honey is a great gift idea!

Dr.B

Dr.B

Awesome, are you going to do this strain again? The honey is a great gift idea!
That's exactly what I'm doing with the honey, 🤣 aside from eating it myself...

I have the seeds and I love this strain, I will 100% be growing it again. Focussing on a few crops of Super Critical CBD for the fall/winter though. Just cloned the first crop.

AnselAdams

AnselAdams

Supporter
Anyone else get this white capping directly under the LED's? It looks really cool in the microscope. All trichome.

I found out that the bleached weed was not trash by accident. in my last grow things got out of hand when one plant grew slower than the other. Long story, short version is that i had a huge bud that i thought was crispy on the top 1/4. Dried it and figured i would stuff the cut off tip in a tobacco pipe (used only for this purpose) and see what it tasted like before i threw the rest of the tip in the trash.

Lets just say it never made it to the trash... when i woke up, i finished trimming the rest of the buds that were still in the trimming tray in my lap and put the "crispy" into private stash to cure out. 👍 😁

Last edited:
Dr.B

Dr.B

I found out that the bleached weed was not trash by accident. in my last grow things got out of hand when one plant grew slower than the other. Long story, short version is that i had a huge bud that i thought was crispy on the top 1/4. Dried it and figured i would stuff the cut off tip in a tobacco pipe (used only for this purpose) and see what it tasted like before i threw the rest of the tip in the trash.

Lets just say it never made it to the trash... when i woke up, i finished trimming the rest of the buds that were still in the trimming tray still in my lap and put the "crispy" into private stash to cure out. 👍 😁
That's exactly where mine ended up! 😉

AnselAdams

AnselAdams

Supporter
Yikes, mine didn't quite burn into the bud so much as grow from the top of the bud. There was little to no bleaching in the leaves, just the white crystalline growth. These actually kept their distance from the light, I had a few that got within inches and didnt burn, bleach or do anything out of the ordinary in any way ... 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

That looks really, really good!... I am curious to see how it turns out after cure. 👍 I'll be back.... for the smoke report!

Obviously a fair amount of the brown crispy had to go, it was paper thin and brittle. I rubbed the bud over my hand until nothing fell off and started from there. 🍻

Dr.B

Dr.B

That looks really, really good!... I am curious to see how it turns out after cure. 👍 I'll be back.... for the smoke report!

Obviously a fair amount of the brown crispy had to go, it was paper thin and brittle. I rubbed the bud over my hand until nothing fell off and started from there. 🍻
I've been smoking it for a couple weeks.. or so... now. Very strong smell once the buds exposed to the open air for a few minutes. Extremely dense buds. Great functional high. Nice taste, smooth in, smooth out. Nice even slow burn... I'm very very pleased with myself. 🤣

The honey has one effect. Hunger. It comes on in such a subtle way that after four hours of foraging through my house I still wonder why the hell I'm so damned hungry lol. Perfect for a guy in cancer treatment!

IMG 20200609 184057 01
AnselAdams

AnselAdams

Supporter
I've been smoking it for a couple weeks.. or so... now. Very strong smell once the buds exposed to the open air for a few minutes. Extremely dense buds. Great functional high. Nice taste, smooth in, smooth out. Nice even slow burn... I'm very very pleased with myself. 🤣

The honey has one effect. Hunger. It comes on in such a subtle way that after four hours of foraging through my house I still wonder why the hell I'm so damned hungry lol. Perfect for a guy in cancer treatment!

Would you mind hooking me up with your honey recipe? I have a few folks that may enjoy that, including my 84 year old mom. 👍 🥂. Thinks smoking weed is "evil" but will eat the shit out of edibles... 😂 a half piece (5mg) or less and she skips 2 of her bedtime meds.

p.s. it would go well in her coffee and mine 👍

Dr.B

Dr.B

Would you mind hooking me up with your honey recipe? I have a few folks that may enjoy that, including my 84 year old mom. 👍 🥂. Thinks smoking weed is "evil" but will eat the shit out of edibles... 😂 a half piece (5mg) or less and she skips 2 of her bedtime meds.

p.s. it would go well in her coffee and mine 👍
Its super easy! I use nut milk (cheese cloth bags) and a slow cooker. 3kg of local raw organic multi flower honey to 1/4lb of decarboxalated ground trim. Loosely pack the trim in the nut milk bag, tie it and toss it in the freezer while heating up the honey on the low setting (If you can keep the temperature around 110 degrees F you can retain the medicinal properties of the honey itself in the final product, I f@cked up, went way over this time ...)

When the honey is at the right temp, 110 - 115 degrees F, place the prepped chilled bag in the pot and work the honey through it/air out of the bag. (Here's the important part) once the temperature comes back up to where you want it, turn the cooker down to warm. Then check on it hourly for 8 - 12 hours, agitating and working the cheesecloth bag in the honey every time.

When you're satisfied you've suspended enough into the honey, remove the bag from the honey with tongs, roll it in tinfoil and wrap in it a tea towel so you can squeeze the remaining honey from the bag into the slow cooker without burning your hands.

While the honey is still hot and fluid, pour the honey into a jug or large measuring cup and then dispense into small sterile jars sealing them immediately with sterile hot lids. Allow to cool to room temp before refrigerating for an hour or two. Store in a cool dark place

😉

Top Bottom