Chefs Grow Book.

• Thread starter Cityfarmin
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Cityfarmin

Cityfarmin

SO i'm stating off super late, but hey I just found this AMAZING FORUM!

Today I went out and got some coir coco, fox farm nutes, garden sprayer, some laval rocks, bamboo sticks, root powder ( couldn't find any gel) and some different color electric tapes ( I like to color code things, thats my type of systems). I have some seeds that popped on 08/22 strains (GG4, GC, AK-48 and LUSH not sure about the last one... anyone heard of lush before???) and I have a few Durban Poison ladies in the flower room, ( one is a lady and just waiting for the other 3 to show me their sex)

So heres some pics of my ladies, call her RITA.

I'm gonna start keeping this up dated weekly...daily.... idk yet prob just once a week lol. if you guys see anything wrong with the ladies I post pics of please feel free to shout it out!!

Chefs grow book
Chefs grow book 2
Chefs grow book 3
Chefs grow book 4
Chefs grow book 5
B

Burned Haze

Keep those pics going and keep the diary going cause your gene pool is great :) Coco is so much fun and you know the purity, I love how a 2 gallon can be as big as 10-20 gal soil and produce A+ no problem . I just can't believe so many people don't choice coco over soil mixtures. (Not dissing soil growers cause there's a million ways to do grow)

Well I'm following//subscribed (don't worry about the lack of replies at first . Your doing great and your stock pile looks great)

Cityfarmin

Cityfarmin

Here are some of my new ladies ;) I tried to clone without a humidity tank and screwed that up... I just thought my veg room was small enough and would hold the humidity.

all the same here is the new ladies that have been in veg since 8/22

IMG 5136
jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
I have 2 fans running and I was thinking it could be that but the PH seems to be fine..
When you say Ph seems to be fine, what are you really saying. What do you run your Ph at with your feed inputs?. Whats the Ph of your medium.? What is the Rh of the room some of that stuff looks like PM but its hard to tell from the pics. When seeking assistance always post as many of your enviro parameters as you can along with pics as clear as you can get them. Welcome to the farm!!!
and dont worry about the ebola comment from knucklehead. Some folks forget we all started out not growing stellar erb right out of the gate!!! I wish I could be more help, need more info.

Cityfarmin

Cityfarmin

When you say Ph seems to be fine, what are you really saying. What do you run your Ph at with your feed inputs?. Whats the Ph of your medium.? What is the Rh of the room some of that stuff looks like PM but its hard to tell from the pics. When seeking assistance always post as many of your enviro parameters as you can along with pics as clear as you can get them. Welcome to the farm!!!
and dont worry about the ebola comment from knucklehead. Some folks forget we all started out not growing stellar erb right out of the gate!!! I wish I could be more help, need more info.
THANKS!!

whats a RH??? my PH is at 6.7
I have been using speedy veg , BushDoctor "BEMBE Sweet and Dandy" and Flower Fuel for flowering plants. As for veg plants I been using speedy veg and fox farm 'Grow Big" both in DR. EARTHS 'POT OF GOLD" soil with added Coco coir, perlite, laval rocks and styrofoam for drainage. I need to get a better ph tester and a EC tester and learn how to measure out the PPM of the nutes , any recommendations where to buy the testers and also how to measure out the nutes???

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
You are running too high in my opinion on your Ph. You are locking out some vital nutes the plants needs. Coco is considered to be a hybrid form of hydroponics and as such the ph range is identical to hydro, however this is strain dependent as some strains respond differently.

Rh is relative humidity. How much water vapor is in the air in your groom.

Here is a chart that shows what the optimum coco Ph range should be. As you can see at 6.7 you are missing some key nutes.

hydroponics-ph-chart-marijuana.jpg

In addition, what ppms ar ec are you feeding your plants ppm = parts per million ec= electrical conductivity.

I use a bluelab truncheon for ec ppm, but they are pricy you can get a decent ph pen from hanna or Milwaukee for about 40 bucks. Be sure to pick up ph 4 and ph 7 calibration liquid as well and calibrate bout 1 time a month.

Cityfarmin

Cityfarmin

You are running too high in my opinion on your Ph. You are locking out some vital nutes the plants needs. Coco is considered to be a hybrid form of hydroponics and as such the ph range is identical to hydro, however this is strain dependent as some strains respond differently.

Here is a chart that shows what the optimum coco Ph range should be. As you can see at 6.7 you are missing some key nutes.

In addition, what ppms ar ec are you feeding your plants ppm = parts per million ec= electrical conductivity.

I use a bluelab truncheon for ec ppm, but they are pricy you can get a decent ph pen from hanna or Milwaukee for about 40 bucks. Be sure to pick up ph 4 and ph 7 calibration liquid as well and calibrate bout 1 time a month.
ALL THIS IS GREAT!! thanks a lot man I really needed this! Also Im using mostly soil, I just have some coco coir mixed in it, would that make a difference? I'm going to buy the meters now. I might just buy the one you have because my goal is to either work on a farm soon or own a farm soon. I figure its a investment either way... also I keep the humidity at 40-60% at all times and I feed CO2 every other day, I am a chef for I have a ssi Gun and I just fill it with 2 Co2 carts and spray it at the top of the canopy

RHINObeast

RHINObeast

Wrong chart my dude...6.5-6.7 is ideal in soil grows. Doesn't sound like you're running cal mag at all. Aim for a fluctuation in your ph, outdoor ph goes up and down all the time, you'll need to mimic that lifestyle the same indoors. Three things that speak out to me are PH, PPMS and cal mag, get those in check and watch your dosage. You only need about 300 to 350 ppms in veg. I only push my dwc hydro to 475 max and that's in bloom. The plants gonna decide what it wants, you can always shoot low, but once you give to much you're in a position where you need to flush to escape lockout. Otherwise dude plants looking healthy and moving along nicely

IMG 1876
jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
Wrong chart my dude...6.5-6.7 is ideal in soil grows. Doesn't sound like you're running cal mag at all. Aim for a fluctuation in your ph, outdoor ph goes up and down all the time, you'll need to mimic that lifestyle the same indoors. Three things that speak out to me are PH, PPMS and cal mag, get those in check and watch your dosage. You only need about 300 to 350 ppms in veg. I only push my dwc hydro to 475 max and that's in bloom. The plants gonna decide what it wants, you can always shoot low, but once you give to much you're in a position where you need to flush to escape lockout. Otherwise dude plants looking healthy and moving along nicely
I thought dude was in straight coco until he qualified. You are correct soil only Ph levels is different than dro. So I wasnt wrong per se, just misinformed......... :D

Cityfarmin

Cityfarmin

Thanks man,

so should I buy the same Ph meter as used in hydro grows? and what cal mag cute do you recommend ?

Cityfarmin

Cityfarmin

I thought you were in coco. I looked back and didn't see any reference to soil. Is it coco or soil?

"When you say Ph seems to be fine, what are you really saying. What do you run your Ph at with your feed inputs?. Whats the Ph of your medium.? What is the Rh of the room some of that stuff looks like PM but its hard to tell from the pics. When seeking assistance always post as many of your enviro parameters as you can along with pics as clear as you can get them. Welcome to the farm!!!

THANKS!!

I have been using speedy veg , BushDoctor "BEMBE Sweet and Dandy" and Flower Fuel for flowering plants. As for veg plants I been using speedy veg and fox farm 'Grow Big" both in DR. EARTHS 'POT OF GOLD" soil with added Coco coir, perlite, laval rocks and styrofoam for drainage. I need to get a better ph tester and a EC tester and learn how to measure out the PPM of the nutes , any recommendations where to buy the testers and also how to measure out the nutes???"

I listed the new things I bought in my original post, but I did mention I'm growing in soil and just mixed in coco coir, laval rock and perlite for added drainage. So yea, its 75% soil DR. EARTH'S " POT OF GOLD" and then 25% fillers for drainage. Any thoughts?

Thejoeybrown

Thejoeybrown

"When you say Ph seems to be fine, what are you really saying. What do you run your Ph at with your feed inputs?. Whats the Ph of your medium.? What is the Rh of the room some of that stuff looks like PM but its hard to tell from the pics. When seeking assistance always post as many of your enviro parameters as you can along with pics as clear as you can get them. Welcome to the farm!!!

THANKS!!

I have been using speedy veg , BushDoctor "BEMBE Sweet and Dandy" and Flower Fuel for flowering plants. As for veg plants I been using speedy veg and fox farm 'Grow Big" both in DR. EARTHS 'POT OF GOLD" soil with added Coco coir, perlite, laval rocks and styrofoam for drainage. I need to get a better ph tester and a EC tester and learn how to measure out the PPM of the nutes , any recommendations where to buy the testers and also how to measure out the nutes???"

I listed the new things I bought in my original post, but I did mention I'm growing in soil and just mixed in coco coir, laval rock and perlite for added drainage. So yea, its 75% soil DR. EARTH'S " POT OF GOLD" and then 25% fillers for drainage. Any thoughts?
I Grow in straight Coco and don't have experience indoor with soil so I wouldn't risk tossing out advice on something I don't really know. Def listen to the soil guys

I had something similar in my coco dtw system. I believe I was locking out P due to a ph pen issue. Lol.
But like I said that is coco.

Cityfarmin

Cityfarmin

I Grow in straight Coco and don't have experience indoor with soil so I wouldn't risk tossing out advice on something I don't really know. Def listen to the soil guys

I had something similar in my coco dtw system. I believe I was locking out P due to a ph pen issue. Lol.
But like I said that is coco.

AHHH ok, thanks all the same! But can I use the same PH pen as people that grow in coco?

Top Bottom