Chem: '91 and D cuts - what's the difference?

• Thread starter ftwendy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ftwendy

ftwendy

New to the site, love what I see. Very helpful peeps here... Cheers to all!

To the lucky ones who have the Chem '91 and Chemdog D originals, would you please explain the difference between the two? I just received twenty ISP Chemdog D bx3 beans, and am wondering what to expect, and how to differentiate between the progeny of the two. Input from ohsogreen would be invaluable, but anyone who can chime in please do!

Happy holidays, FTW

slausongardens

slausongardens

different phenos from the original seeds chem dawg had. the 91 is the original and arguably the best one, its the one found in og kush and sour d and other hybrids.. its more skunky lemony funk and the Chemdog D is still bomb and yields more then the 91. hard to describe the difference but i would say the 91 has a better taste and smell, and the Chemdog D yields more. both amazing cuts.

ftwendy

ftwendy

Super concise answer. Gracias... When was the D seed started? Also, barring the family tree posts, can you point me in the direction of a post that discusses the MSS/Dawg/Diesel family? Cheers, ftw

ftwendy

ftwendy

...and to answer my own question about the whole story:

so much information makes me feel warm and secure. Mmmmmm. Knowledge...

rawman

rawman

Chemdog D= Pure rauchyness almost offensive with skunkyness and a bit of a chemmy tone. Faster to flower, way heavier yielding. Thicker branching.

Chemdog 91= Pure chemmyness. I didn't notice much lemon but regaurdless is dank. Has to run longer a minimum of 77 days imo, and yields much less. Grows more like a true lanky OG.

Impo the D is a heavier more stoney buzz, but the Chemdog 91 has a better taste and buzz butt he last 91' batch I smoked was picked 10 days early and its very important for the last few days for that particular strain.

Top Bottom