Chem Cookies - Drooping, folding up, and burning.

• Thread starter VirgilsOwnGrow
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
VirgilsOwnGrow

VirgilsOwnGrow

Okay,

The plant keeps drooping. And leaves are folding up. Lower fan leaves burning. I don’t think it’s over watering, if anything I watered them 24hrs ago, they perked up, and then by tonight, the soil was dry 2”’down and the plant was drooping and leaves tacoing.

They are in air pots, so they dry quickly and they air prune so they shouldn’t be over watered or root bound.

I though it was potentially windburn, I adjusted the fans, but by tonight they were dropping again.

And I’m noting strange leave problems. I don’t know if I’m getting nitrogen toxicity or what. But here are my conditions.

Temperature: 81F cool air kicks on at 82f
Humidity: 50%
Air Flow: (4) 6”oscillating fans, (2) up high, (2) above plant tops.
Space: 48x48x80
Ventilation: passive inflow with Exhaust out
CO2: 1000ppm (day only)
Light Cycle: 18/6
Lights: Spider Farmer SF-2000 watts LED
PH: 6.5 in soil and out
Watering: was every 3 days, then 2 and now it seems dry 2” down after 24hr
Water: DO Water 6.5ph with 15ml of URB Natural per Gallon.
Fertilizer: General Organics, light feeding dose with each watering.
Media: coco-loco
Pot: 2 gallon air pots

Chem cookies   drooping folding up and burning
Chem cookies   drooping folding up and burning 2
Chem cookies   drooping folding up and burning 3
Chem cookies   drooping folding up and burning 4
Chem cookies   drooping folding up and burning 5
Chem cookies   drooping folding up and burning 6
Beachwalker

Beachwalker

I'm assuming you water when you notice "it seems dry 2 inches down" ?

VirgilsOwnGrow

VirgilsOwnGrow

Yes, but not carelessly. I lean towards under water, rather than over watering. I’ve never had root rot in any plant I own and I own a lot of cacti and succulents, so like I said. I lean to under watering. . I was doing every 3 days, bumped it up to 2 days. And now I’m wondering if it doesn’t need to be every 24hrs with those air pots and good airflow.

I'm assuming you water when you notice "it seems dry 2 inches down" ?

E5503FCB 89E4 49DA 94CA DA6B740269F6
Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Yes, but not carelessly. I lean towards under water, rather than over watering. I’ve never had root rot in any plant I own and I own a lot of cacti and succulents, so like I said. I lean to under watering. . I was doing every 3 days, bumped it up to 2 days. And now I’m wondering if it doesn’t need to be every 24hrs with those air pots and good airflow.
Yeah that's why I asked because I already knew the answer, you're chronically over Watering your plants

you need to let it completely dry out (AKA wet/dry cycle )and heres how you learn to do that in a few short waterings;

Fill the same size pot with the same medium your using leave it dry and set it aside

when the plants feel the same weight as the dry pot you've set aside that's when you water, hope this helps good luck

VirgilsOwnGrow

VirgilsOwnGrow

it’s not over watering. Why are the leaves folding up? Why are they getting burnt? I wouldn’t be here if it was over watering, that’s an easy thing to test and fix.

like I said. I watered them last night and this morning they are no longer drooping.

On another forum, one piece of feed back I got was is that even though I have added Co2, 80-82f degrees maybe too hot for that strain and they are getting heat exhaustion.

But I can’t figure out what’s causing the leaf burns.

Yeah that's why I asked because I already knew the answer, you're chronically over Watering your plants

you need to let it completely dry out (AKA wet/dry cycle )and heres how you learn to do that in a few short waterings;

Fill the same size pot with the same medium your using leave it dry and set it aside

when the plants feel the same weight as the dry pot you've set aside that's when you water, hope this helps good luck

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

it’s not over watering. Why are the leaves folding up? Why are they getting burnt? I wouldn’t be here if it was over watering, that’s an easy thing to test and fix.

like I said. I watered them last night and this morning they are no longer drooping.

On another forum, one piece of feed back I got was is that even though I have added Co2, 80-82f degrees maybe too hot for that strain and they are getting heat exhaustion.

But I can’t figure out what’s causing the leaf burns.
Not Leaf burn, imo necrotic spots from overwatering, good luck

Screenshot 20200603 095414 Chrome

Screenshot 20200603 095301 Google

VirgilsOwnGrow

VirgilsOwnGrow

View attachment 981238
View attachment 981236

View attachment 981238
View attachment 981236

I’ll back off on the watering. Another thing is potentially over feeding. Additionally, there are 9 Plants in the grow space.
The ones that show the symptoms the most are the taller plants and particularly the (3) Chem Cookies from Divine Genetics.
I’m still concerned about heat. So I’m also working on that.
I’ll always wait a few day’s before watering again and I won’t feed during the next watering.
But any idea why the leaves are tacoing? Folding up?

VirgilsOwnGrow

VirgilsOwnGrow

This is the plants this morning. Less dropping, despite being watered last night. Leaves still tacoing, folding up.

I turned the light panel about the chem cookies off and lowered the tent temperature to 78f

also; my amnesia has curled tips.

despite watering all plants at 6.5ph, I’m wondering if some of them need a lower ph.

90273DD9 9360 4560 BDD5 0DECCC075FBB
46B938AE 6E0D 4CD2 BCA3 7DDE3F24605B
Vaqueros Verde

Vaqueros Verde

Coco loco is not soil, it is coco coir with some fertilizer in it. It doesn't have enough fertilizer for complete grow cycle.

As big as your plants are and in 2gal pots you should be watering at least once per day or more with fertilizer at 5.9 to 6 ph. With runoff.

VirgilsOwnGrow

VirgilsOwnGrow

I thought coco-loco has some soil mixed in with coco coir. This is my first grow in that medium. I can tell that they legitimately need water everyday.

do you think that they are drooping and folding from under watering? With those pots, they are not being over watered. The bottom of the pots are as dry as the top. I do suspect multiple issues going on.
Any other ideas? Possibly PH issues?

Vaqueros Verde

Vaqueros Verde

After looking, who the hell really knows what is mixed in coco loco and at what ratios? I know if you under water coco you get all kinds of lockouts and throws ph way off.

After many years of chasing the latest greatest most bestest way to grow I have settled on canna coco and their coco nutrients. It's so simple a caveman (me) could do it. I do feed middle to low ppm from canna feed chart and bump in up if needed and always PH 5.7 to 6.1.
Not knocking any other methods as there are a lot of people at the Farm rocking their own ways.

If you make any changes, only do one at a time and observe the results.

VirgilsOwnGrow

VirgilsOwnGrow

My friend. Thank you so much! I knew someone who knew What was up would come along. I agree 100% I’m under watering and having Nutrient Lockout and other issues from PH. I’ll lower my ph and report back with my findings. Thank you!

VirgilsOwnGrow

VirgilsOwnGrow

Hello everyone. I was absolutely under-watering. Nothing to do with the frequency. I was just not giving them enough water. I set up a irrigation system and it wasn’t saturating the soil enough. If I continue with the irrigation, I need to water every 2 days for my setup.

There was also PH issues using the coco-loco. Now feeding at 5.9ph and they are doing stellar!

Top Bottom