CHEM DAWG seeds from Dr Greenthumb

• Thread starter Growing247
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Jon Snow

Jon Snow

I've tried several of the Doc's offerings, but the only one that is still in my garden is the Chemdog #4. One of my favorites! It will probably never leave!

H

happy b

Iv never heard any bad reports on dr greenthumb but i would never pay $200 or whatever it is for 4fem beans.thers too many good strains for a reasonable price.i think the price on dr greenthumbs is too high but i suppose it depends on your point of view and what your going to do with them.i dont know maybe im just jealous that he has strains i want but cant afford.

zeke

zeke

Ha, good old dr gt still at it. My homies still refer to Endless sky as endless hype...seen a friend fall for the g13. Two$100 dollar beans and a freebie that didn't look related to the others even though they are s1. Hmm? The keeper was ok. Almost similar to my old g13 cut. Are these chem seeds f1, s1 or what? $200 for a pack of unworked seeds seems steep. I wish more breeders would do more actual work with the plants instead of just grabbing elite clones and bumping uglies...

H

happy b

I actually heard a "rumor" that greenthumb sells u 4seeds for $200 but only one or two are actually what youv paid for and the rest are just whatever he,s got to make up the numbers.i have no idea if its true.

zeke

zeke

My buddy bought two for $100 each and dgt was kind enough to throw in a free seed. I've seen plenty of s1's and they are fairly uniform and always similar. The plants my buddy got from his 3 seeds were not uniform. Two plants were almost identically leafy, non resinous and shit. The third plant was really nice and actually very similar to a g13 cutting that I've sourced in the PNW. Not the way S1 seeds behave at all. I'd believe the third seed was actually what it was advertised as.

drewski85

drewski85

I hear so many mixed reviews about Dr greenthumb that I'd rather play it safe and order from outfits I've done previous biz with before. I was considering his chem#4, bubba, or c-99 but the way I look at it is if I'm going to shell out $150-200 for fems, id rather give it to divine or csi/humbolt. 10-14 seeds of proven dank + a pack of freebies and reliable service beats 2-5 seeds of hit-and-miss genetics from a guy that is rude to his customers.

H

happy b

A kick in the balls and a poke in the eye would be better than dealing with this guy apparently.i dont know if you guys saw the it but thers a thread about how this guy sent $500 to dr gt for good seeds to grow weed coz his mrs has breast cancer.dr gt denied getting the $$$ and told him to fuck off coz he kept phoning to see if it was there yet.the guy didnt pay for tracking or anything ,he just put the dollars in an envelope between two bits of paper with his order and postal address writen on the paper(not the best idea).dr gt obviosly got the$ but knew ther was nothing the guy could do wen he didnt send his order.that is a dirty lowdown bastard in my opinion and i hope everyone who reads this(and ther will be many coz of the title)will know never to order from dr gt and buy from a cheaper more reliable source.did you get your Chemdog #4 yet grow247?i hope the turn out good for ya buddy.

M

motz

Little story here about Thumbs, It's been what 12 years now that a bunch of us got together and sent him a gigantic order, I mean Huge!!!!!
Nothing of his made the grade and that was back then and Absolutely None of it lives on to this day!
Had no problem getting the order, just crap.
Our little group did our research though and it still leaked through. This is diffantely a buyer beware market. Even for back then

H

happy b

Its fucking terrible.is $100 for a seed not enough for this guy that he cant even give you the strain youv ordered and paid for?too many mixed reports on this guy.one guy says "the greatest" the next guy says"bird seed" & the next guy says"ripped off completeley for$500 plus told to fuck off"i dont get it,if hes charging$100per seed he should be a fucking millionaire after around 4/5harvests,and never have to rip anyone off again.

M

motz

He's done this for years, always hear bad things about the asshole.
But you are right have heard a few, dam few mixed results but friends can do a lot for hype.
Not enough to make me swade my mind especially what he had done to a group of people. Personal reasons.
I think the only business he does is with new people to the scene. New people seem to want to jump at the first "ship anywhere".
Not a lot want to risk the across the pond thing, that's taboo for me also.

H

happy b

He's done this for years, always hear bad things about the asshole.
But you are right have heard a few, dam few mixed results but friends can do a lot for hype.
Not enough to make me swade my mind especially what he had done to a group of people. Personal reasons.
I think the only business he does is with new people to the scene. New people seem to want to jump at the first "ship anywhere".
Not a lot want to risk the across the pond thing, that's taboo for me also.
I get the"jump on the first ship"that new people to the seed buying scene sometimes do.i did it myself wen i first started ten years ago although ther was nowere near as many seed companies as ther is now.back then the best advertised got most newbies custom.but i learned through trial and error that big hype,htcc wins or high prices dont necissarily mean good genetics.and i dont just take a seed companies word nowadays either.i remember hearing a well known seed company owner(i wouldnt call him a breeder,though he calls himself one)talk about a new strain and he said"it is the best in the world" so me being new to the game and fairly trusting i fell for it...twice.it took me a few years and a good few £££ spent on mostly average genetics(although at the time,being a fairly new grower,i didnt know they were average/shit)from a few of the "bigger" companies at £80 and more a pack sometimes.nowadays you can get really good seeds for less than £30

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom