chem4 information needed

• Thread starter shoestring
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
shoestring

shoestring

A relative had bought a 10 pack of Chemdog #4 from cali connection awhile ago. These were non feminized and the package said Chemdog #4 only. All the other packs at the compassion club said Chemdog #4 og. Anyways he only got 3 females. Well i was quite suprised to find that these 3 Chemdog #4 were quite indica dominant varieties. The shortest of all his other flowering plants with classic indica structure with much more stout and thicker stems with much more branching and wider leaves. The flowering buds are very plump and also have that classic indica appearance. Now i know any chem seed is subject to scrutiny and doubt especially from cali connection but i was always under the impression that any chem based plant (or og & sour diesel for that matter) would be much more sativa leaning in the phenotype expression. These chems look like thay have very little classic sativa genetics. What gives? Does anyone have a little more information on this.particular variety of Chemdog #4? When i went into the room i was shocked to see these 3 plants looked nothing like the classic chemdog based plants ive seen countless times in several proper growrooms before. Iam stumped.

sanvanalona

sanvanalona

A relative had bought a 10 pack of Chemdog #4 from cali connection awhile ago. These were non feminized and the package said Chemdog #4 only. All the other packs at the compassion club said Chemdog #4 og. Anyways he only got 3 females. Well i was quite suprised to find that these 3 Chemdog #4 were quite indica dominant varieties. The shortest of all his other flowering plants with classic indica structure with much more stout and thicker stems with much more branching and wider leaves. The flowering buds are very plump and also have that classic indica appearance. Now i know any chem seed is subject to scrutiny and doubt especially from cali connection but i was always under the impression that any chem based plant (or og & sour diesel for that matter) would be much more sativa leaning in the phenotype expression. These chems look like thay have very little classic sativa genetics. What gives? Does anyone have a little more information on this.particular variety of Chemdog #4? When i went into the room i was shocked to see these 3 plants looked nothing like the classic chemdog based plants ive seen countless times in several proper growrooms before. Iam stumped.
Considering the fact that they were not feminized I would bet that the stain Swerve (cali connection) used for the cross was an afghani and your seeds are expressing the father (afghani) rather than the mother (Chemdog #4). I have loved the rare indicas I received from his stock though, so hopefully you have some good ones there.

shoestring

shoestring

Well it certainly has that musky earthy funk of a typical real deal kush hashplant. Very little lemon kerosene oil smell. Giant buds all the way down these little 2.5 to 3 foot plants. Screams afghan/ hindu kush all the way. My cousin doesnt really pay attention to the details and descriptions of seed companies and breeders like i do. Its no big deal to him and he just grows good dope. But me. Iam wanting.to know what the real scoop is on thses supposed Chemdog #4 plants from cali connection.

Resingrower

Resingrower

GREAT question and potential thread here. So I was gifted a Chemdog #4 breeding project at the 3rd gen cross (supposedly my friend said from Chemdog or someone he gifted seeds to possibly the same guy who named the Chem 123456 seed plants) goal of which was to to produce a pure breeding line at the 7th cross). So I finished the project and have copies in seed form of the crosses at the 6th and 7th generations as well as a Backcross to the Original Chemdog #4 clone Mom at the 6th and 7th generations. I grew out hundreds of plants in this process and in my opinion it started breeding true well before the 7th cross was made. I firmly believe the entire Chem family is predominantly from an Afghani line and most likely a dominant indica variety. The phenotypes don't lie. If there was a Sativa in here it would show in the f2 thru f4 generations. Nothing did. There are a few other examples of growth characteristics that back my theory including stamen color, straight branching, nuggetry and flower formation density, robust leaf patterns, stretch factor and indica ' s classic body effects. To me it's an obvious conclusion when you observe the traits over many generations. Btw crosses from this IBL will soon be available for sale following 5 years of intensive selection and testing... more on that when they are nearing release.

Last edited:
shoestring

shoestring

How about this. Its my theory that the whole varietal called chemdog (aka..dogbud?) Came from a cross of our west genetics of a typical early 80s crossed afghanis hashplant and bred with your sativa doms from northern mexico that was all the rage back then and had been cultivated in california from way back since the fifties. I beleieve in my heart of hearts that the variety called chemdog was and is no more different than a special strain known as Super Skunk and crossed with an almost land of origin exotic sativa from asia. Its a classic case. Chemdog in my opinion came from lines already established and worked from europe and crossed back to a sativa from northern california that had been there for years. I might and prolly am wrong. Just my op.

shoestring

shoestring

Wow. String is ripped. But i think iam on the rite track. A typical indica kush and mated with a typical long season sativa dominant originally from northern mexico then got even further hybridized with an exotic sativa from southeast asia. Thats what iam saying and i bet iam not that far off. Peace!!!!

Resingrower

Resingrower

Food for thought, who's to say ? Maybe a geneticist will be able to look into this in the future and say with certainty. But great spirit here brothers , this is what it's all about.

Resingrower

Resingrower

I'm sticking with the Afghani or the 90% indica theory based solely on the multi generational viewpoint I have observed. But I do hear your it's easy to surmise that it's a hybrid based on what your description dictates is like an NLƗHaze?? One point I'd like to inject here is that when Sativa genetics are introduced they almost always dominate a cross and are very hard to remove from the equation. So they would be easily observed later, right? I never found a trace of this. Then again look at the Deadhead OG it has considerably narrow longer leaf fingers. Also it's worth noting the Afghani family of cannabis is quite vast ranging from the dwarf genetics of the Pacwest NL family to the Maple leafed indica to the Hash plant . We are talking a huge pool of gene expression. Props to R. Clarke for establishing these families at the onset of cannabis research.

Funk Monk

Funk Monk

The Chemdog #4 cut I thumb'd stayed pretty medium in height and packed on the weight. Bushy but not crazy bush type. Straight reeked of Pine funk. Didn't care for the flavor IMO but damn did she put out. Funk on and keep on the studying...

shoestring

shoestring

Yeah. Thats EXACTLY how my cousins is turning out. Squat fat COLAS. But in my opinion it isnt no Chemdog #4. This is some bush bud. No sativa here. Its not harvested yet though. So we will see.

Funk Monk

Funk Monk

The two are on different spectrum IMO. I loved the Chemdog's Sister and Chemdog D so far but the Chemdog #4 was the least liked. Still wanting to thumb out the 91SkunkVa some day, but I see some variations between all the chem cuts. They remind me of the OG clusterfunk, all similar but have lil unique traits to separate them. Funk on and chasing the Chem lines isn't the easiest task to take on, but worth the homework and knowledge...

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

IMAG0443 1 1
These two are chemdawgs seeds labelled Jim Ortega's Chemdog I'm assuming Jim grew a ton of seeds and chose a couple phenos, not sure of details but they look beautifull and indica dominant so far

Funk Monk

Funk Monk

I'm growing Chemdog from seed, how different is Chemdog 4 to regular Chemdog
Structure, flavor, growth, yield and but flavors are far from each other, IMO. all seem a bit different but seem to remain family members, funk on

Chemdog D: Foul/Skunky/dirty gym sock/ and with an over powering attack on the taste buds. Plus I think the D is way stronger then the Chemdog #4.
Chemdog #4: Pine/earthy/slight hash tones/ some citrus twist on the back end but Pine seemed the dominate flavor, IMO. The medical value was a lil lower on power with the 4.

These are just what I've experienced so far and my opinion/experiences so far....

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

Guess I'm looking for the Chemdog D pheno thanks for the feedback, peace and chemfunk grease!

Reactions: Dad
shoestring

shoestring

Yeah i was thinking my cuz's Chemdog #4 would at least have a structure similar to the mystery sour og cut thats floating around town. Or even the deadhead og i ran not too long ago. These are/were sat doms with the classic tall weak stem, lanky ones that alot of people have. Few leaves. Needs staking. You guys know what iam talking about. The Chemdog #4 my cuz is running is just polar opposite of that. I dont know. I gave up with Swerve awhile back anyways. I can tell damn near from the smell alone that the supposed Chemdog #4 hes got cant touch the potency or taste of the sour diesel x og kush i got (still dont know the exact origin of this cut but i been running it for over a year. Its solid as a rock on all points) . But I been wrong before. Iam gonna have a sit down with about a 2 day session with a quarter or half ounce before i make my decision on whether i want to run it or not.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom