Chemdog Double D

• Thread starter Dubwobble
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

Dubwobble

So I tested my Chemdog Double D because of the hermie reports on the web, as well as from one of two people I gave it to.

They are one the craziest, most calyx'ed out, frosty plants in my room. They are also finishing before some SD IBLs, Headbands and Chem Ds.

Unfortunately, they are popping out banannas.:banana:
:banana: Not super bad, but everyday I find a couple more every day on each plant. :banana: :banana:

It is a devastatingly strong smoke. But if it hermies it is of no real use to me or my friends.

Is there any way to breed the hermaphroditic properties out of a strain?

Or is it a lost cause?

I feel like throwing the moms out...

:help:

B

bon

Premium Member
Supporter
I think Hubcap is working on the chemdog double d... I saw something about F3's, nanner-free...

I gotta agree on the plant, it's one of the best smokes i've had so far... Too bad i lost my two mom's...

cheers

R

Radio_Dread

its just part of nature for those sexxy sexy ladies and although to could breed strains to have more of a tendency to not be hermie and lower your chances but i think that getting the hermie trait is always a possibility. Some of that is in the hands of the grower too.:cool0041:

heavydutykevork

heavydutykevork

Premium Member
Supporter
yup my chem hermie too but i kept them 4 there some of the best smoke around jus got to work a little harder.

JH420

JH420

I thought I read about such a nute somewhere awhile back but I could be completely wrong...I have a pack of the CDD but have been too intimadated to pop them yet.

JH420

JH420

Thanks Kid...doesn't look like the solution to the CDD's tendancies.

xX Kid Twist Xx

xX Kid Twist Xx

Premium Member
Supporter
the thing about breeding out hermaphrodite tendencies can but done but its complicated. i guess the easiest way to explain it is if there is a favorable gene and a not favorable gene but they are connected you could never really get rid of it with out lowering the quality of the plant. Evey generation you select the plants that most are like Chemdog D in look taste smell and smoke, but if the hermie gene is connected to these genes you will never get rid of it cause you unintentionally select it everytime. i dont know all the proper terms or how to spell them, hopefully someone who does will chime in.

G

gearedup27

NANNER's

lots of clone only strains that people make into seeds by Back crossing develop this because in order to make those first seeds they had to take two females and stress one of them into hermi and then cross it with one that wasn't stressed. This creates hermi seeds. Many times the pollen that they make isn't even hardly viable so really no concern (how many of you have gotten a bunch of chem DD seeds from the hermi?) There are many strains like this to list a few that apply to this is the e-32 trainwreck and the purple Mr. nice. If it really bothers you try spraying Dutchmasters REVERSE it will stop all seed/ banana formation - but, will also give you smaller yields.

heavydutykevork

heavydutykevork

Premium Member
Supporter
lots of clone only strains that people make into seeds by Back crossing develop this because in order to make those first seeds they had to take two females and stress one of them into hermi and then cross it with one that wasn't stressed. This creates hermi seeds. Many times the pollen that they make isn't even hardly viable so really no concern (how many of you have gotten a bunch of chem DD seeds from the hermi?) There are many strains like this to list a few that apply to this is the e-32 trainwreck and the purple Mr. nice. If it really bothers you try spraying Dutchmasters REVERSE it will stop all seed/ banana formation - but, will also give you smaller yields.

thx bro but i'm not lazy and cant waste any weight i'll jus keep picking nanners it sucks tho.

D

Dubwobble

Great info there.

True, me and buddies haven't gotten any seeds yet :whew

But I still worry... I can't really pass out the clones if it does hermie out as bad as it does. I guess for smaller "personal" grows it could work, as long as the peeps know.

--------

I'll post pics soon, the last ones I have going are looking almost done.

hubcap

hubcap

ive got some stock you might be interested in, farmer Dubwobble.
hopefully they will get to a good amount of hands in the form of freebies.....;)

heres the thread....

:sun2:
-cap

***EDIT***
just keep in mind....this work reflects Chemdog DOUBLE D and NOT Chemdog CUT D.
Chemdog double d is (Chemdog cut D x Sour Diesel IBL)

sometimes people...myself included....get chemDD and CDD confused. just wanted to clarify

hubcap

hubcap

i guess the easiest way to explain it is if there is a favorable gene and a not favorable gene but they are connected you could never really get rid of it with out lowering the quality of the plant.

how often do we see, and hear, "my best and most potent plants are hermie?"
thats pretty accurate, farmer kid twist.
but selection is of the essence. and while that hermie "trait" wont disappear very easily, it can be managed, pretty well, thru selection.

dont get me wrong.... i can get mine to herm if i try hard enough, but, we feel, its not quite as sensitive as the first generations we have.
weve done em outdo', indo', heavy nutes, little or no nutes....hot/ cold....dirt/water.....you name it. while we can get naners to poke after day 62, with stresses, they do need to be coaxed to do so.
and, i feel, that pic of the F3 generation in the thread i posted speaks for itself as far as looks. just wish you could smoke a pic. i believe its every bit as potent, tasty, sticky, and stinky as the originals.
;)

idk...
hopefully all or at least most of you will get a chance to see for yourselves.
hopefully it will be to your liking.
these are a big hit round here and have been spread to more and more hands and the months go by.......

pretty soon you might even see a field of em while driving a random interstate. who knows?
;)

be good.

-cap

xX Kid Twist Xx

xX Kid Twist Xx

Premium Member
Supporter
i dont doubt you can do it it hubcap. i was just trying to let people know in some cases this may be a possiblity. it may very well not be the case with chem as very few people have been trying to stabilize it. you are probaly farther along then most. if people are doing it they are keeping it low key. im excited to try these when you send em in let us know so i can order seeds and request em as freebies

hubcap

hubcap

when its all said and done, brotha twist...
i think we just got pretty lucky so far.
but, everyone should be happy. i hope so, anyways.

what im after is this:

"did we really settle this thing down or did she just get acclimated to our local enviorns?"
-very well could be just acclimation.
-could be were actually doing something while smoking all this stellar pot. lol....

one way to find out right?

spread the love.

stay tooned.

-cap

true grit

true grit

-could be were actually doing something while smoking all this stellar pot. lol....

Lol, modest man you are. Can't wait for these! Should I start buying the shit outta things for these freebies soon?

hubcap

hubcap

-ill leave a word once they get to their destination.
-theres a bit of variety as far as counts, and strains, go, so, its going to take a lil bit of "logistical engineering" on my side of things.
-i also have yet to coordinate with the powers that be at the farm to see what/how they prefer things to be done......
-once all is set n ready here, ill leave "the scoop."
-if all goes well, ill open a thread in the appropriate place to let ya all know what exactly was sent, and any info u might need thats associated with it.
-hopefully they will be all mixed up in the holiday mail.....
:scared0016:

-cap

Top Bottom