Chemical duty pump?

• Thread starter webstar5
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
webstar5

webstar5

I have been looking for a good BHO extraction setup for a while now. I was just about to settle on a Yellow Jacket 93560 SuperEvac 6 CFM Vacuum pump and a stainless steel vacuum chamber from Inlabdesigns when I read about VACUUM OVENS.

After researching more about them and contacting a few manufacturers, I noticed they recommend CHEMICAL DUTY VACUUM PUMPS.

Here is an email sent to me by Cascade Tek after I inquired if the Yellow Jacket 93560 would suffice for their ovens:

That pump has a number of issues:

1. The butane will destroy the oil and break down the pump.

2. The exhaust from the oven goes out the handle of the pump right over the open frame motor. The motor is hot. The gas is heavier than air. This is a bad combination.

3. Refrigeration requires pump down to at least 50 microns which is way, way below the level where Delta 9 THC offgasses and disappears.

This pump is a safety hazard for BHO and I wouldn’t’ recommend it. You need a chemical duty, oil free pump that has a base pressure of more than 1 Torr. We sell one. You can look around the internet, I am sure there are more out there. Feel free to call if you would like to discuss.

Are these really necessary? What are your thoughts?

Graywolf

Graywolf

Our Cascade TEK oven came replete with a Welsh membrane vacuum pump, where the lubrication oil and pumped media are kept in separate parts of the pump.

Besides not diluting the crank case oil, they also support solvent and terpene recovery more gracefully, but are much more expensive than an AC rotary vane pump.

webstar5

webstar5

I got a qoute from Cakade Tek for their smallest Oven and pump. Just under $10,000! Too rich for my blood lol

Would the Yellow Jacket and Inlab setup be good enough?

Latest posts

Top Bottom