Chemical Nutes With Compost Tea?

• Thread starter Jokefox
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Jokefox

Jokefox

Am i able to run compost tea once a week well primarly using H&G nutes?
Or anyother chemical nute?

Im growing in 60/40 coco/perlite

A

agent dank

You mean like a beneficial tea? If so then yes, but if anything you're using has sterilizers in it then you could as well it would just do little benefit because it would kill all the beneficials.

Jokefox

Jokefox

I mean a AACT
Like a voretex style brewer and manure/sugars.

And ok cool. I make a sick brewer out of pvc pipe and dont want it to go to waste.

I have what looks like either mold or myco on my coco surface
I could grow it out in some petris but im way to lazy for that shit.

A

agent dank

I think its similar.

What I was talking about is what is dubbed the "heisenberg" tea. EWC, a beneficial, a carb and aeration.

Was meant to eradicate brown slime algae. Is used by some as a preventative that has many benefits over sterlizers.

I've made it before and it was never affected by chemical nutrients. I did use dechlorinated water though.

mandalaman

mandalaman

Yes, but don't be a dummy like me.

I was feeding with UC line, including roots (which is basically pool shock). I added my tea to the mix and it did nothing because the pool shock killed off all of the bennies. So make sure you're aware of what's in the nutes you're adding to the Rez before you add the tea.

What are you brewing in your tea? And also one thing I've noticed is my pH tends to run high when using tea in the Rez. So make sure to keep an eye on that. Make sure you feed it through the medium/grow rocks

Jokefox

Jokefox

You said compost tea will destroy brown algea? I wonder if i can use it in my aquarium.

Before i brew i run my water threw my vortex brewer for a few hours. I ph it down to 5.8 and add prime water conditioner.
I found a analyses of my water in my city. The only really things im worried about was the uranium and chlorine family stuff. Prime takes out most of that.

I dont do a rez i hand water dtw my plants untell i can get my drip dtw going. Still then id most likely hand water. I try to get alittle of the casing/guano/rock dust suspended in the tea as i use it.

Fixed my red stems and phosophate issues so far. Or atleast helped.

Jokefox

Jokefox

My tea is guano/manure(well the horse manure,straw,perlite mix i use for mushrooms)/worm casing, fish hydrosolate(sp?) Seaweed, rock dust,phosphate rock dust, molasses and honey.

Foams pretty great and so far gave me a nice myco beard after application. So im guessing it would be more fungal. Maybe firefang from the horse manure.

Top Bottom