Chemical presence in oil

• Thread starter nickcapuano
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
N

nickcapuano

Hopefully some of the experts can help me with a question about the use of chemicals during the growth stage of a plant and if those chemicals would end up in the final oil product.

I am having a problem with root aphids, specifically what they call "micros", and have been using different pesticides to battle these things. im not having any success yet in eradicating them 100% and want to try some different methods. i have been using imidacloprid which has a pre harvest interval that is workable when applied in veg but not flowering. the other chemicals i want to use have a longer PHI but i am wondering with these systemic chemicals, are they only present in the plant matter or also in the trichomes? i am only using these plants to make oil and am wondering if its safe to use these chemicals without observing the PHI? even if the chemicals are not in the trichomes, do you think any would be extracted when making the oil?

A

A.Sherman

You should flush well 2 weeks before harvest, kill those things with h2o2.

Graywolf

Graywolf

i am only using these plants to make oil and am wondering if its safe to use these chemicals without observing the PHI? even if the chemicals are not in the trichomes, do you think any would be extracted when making the oil?

Yes!

Some of the chemicals are soluble in alcohols and oils.

N

nickcapuano

You should flush well 2 weeks before harvest, kill those things with h2o2.

i tried h202 with no success and i always flush for at least 10 days but water cannot wash out these chemicals

Yes!

Some of the chemicals are soluble in alcohols and oils.

if i am reading this correct you are saying yes to the 2nd question about pesticide being present in the oil and it would not be safe to do this. i also should have mentioned i am just making BHO with this - not sure if that makes a difference.

N

nickcapuano

Disulfoton is the chemical that is working on the root aphids. i am doing some research to see if this is a chemical that would be leeched out in the BHO but i dont know much about chemistry. someone with knowledge in that area may know off the top of their head or give me an idea what to look for? thanks!

Graywolf

Graywolf

i tried h202 with no success and i always flush for at least 10 days but water cannot wash out these chemicals

if i am reading this correct you are saying yes to the 2nd question about pesticide being present in the oil and it would not be safe to do this. i also should have mentioned i am just making BHO with this - not sure if that makes a difference.

You are reading it correctly bro!

The best way to avoid insectisides is to not use them and the second best is to not use them outside the manufacturers recomendations!

We are currently experimenting with red cedar bark on the floor and using lavender extract as a spray.

So far the results are excellent and we will report more!

Latest posts

Top Bottom