Cherries, Peaches, Plumbs Oh Yum.....

• Thread starter chickenman
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
LocalGrowGuy

LocalGrowGuy

Would love some river time....but the dog pack and the daily watering requirements here keep us in check for visits/extended visits >anywhere<. Would be similar to your trips over this way...smoke and run. (might check out that window/door place as well to see if there are ANY bargains there for the upcoming remodel of the shanty before just heading to the box stores)

hope all is well.....
Have you ever been to a Habitat for Humanity Restore? There are deals to be made, but your choices suck. Frisco or Carbondale.

scoop

scoop

We're spoiled by years of visiting the Eagle Habitat Re-Store. AMAZING finds there....all sorts of high dollar/quality shit ripped out of homes in Beaver /Creek/Vail by new owners who want something "new". A friend of mine has 30K of teak kitchen cabinets in his house he got for FREE cus some rich bitch bought a house...opened the cabinet...and didn't like the WAY THE WOOD SMELLED. He ripped em out the next day before she changed her mind...LOL.

But the stores down this way.... most of what is there is junk/has already had it's day...and very little of it was good stuff to begin with.

It's always fun living in the sticks.... so many choices! Uuuhhhumm.

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
As always..that's some nice lookin fruit.

IF you get around your buddy....could you see if he could offer any tips for us re our fruit trees? Been in the ground about a year..... trees are (estimate) probably 3 years old.....nursery grown stock....1-1.5 caliper. Cherries are Stella...Rainier...Bali... Apples are Jonathan (2).... Granny Smith....Sweet Sixteen....Red delicious.....Pears are Summercrisp, Asian, and one other....

Not many blooms this Spring on anything. The Bali cherries bloomed the best and there are some cherries there. Jonathans bloomed slightly.....and there are a few (6?) apples.... A couple on the Sweet 16.... but overall.... not much bloom or fruit action.

Wondering if it's fert....soil pH/etc. related....or of they are just setting roots and not focused on fruit production yet.

If you could ask him for some tips.....that'd be sweet. There are historic apple trees here that produce (we are looking at 2 trees down the way that no one ever collects the fruit and are going to go ask the owners if we can pick/have the harvest), so I know the climate will support such endeavors.

Gonna needs some smoke one of these days.... so may plan a quick trip over that way sometime soon....

You should see the girls now. Holy fuck. Just crazy. BIGGEST plants I've ever grown....bar none. Good thing I bought that chainsaw sharpener....heeehee
Will do
Could have him call you for advice awesome grower

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
When you come we could visit him pick up fruit ask questions

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
Delivery for peaches and plums will be on the 28 th
So far looks like Denver only

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
Star fire peaches
Taking orders must order br the 25 th for delivery on the 28 th to Denver area
Lou's peaches blow the socks off Palaside peaches by a country mile
25 bucks for a 2o lb plus box
Just look at the color folks..And the flavor is off the charts....

Greeneye04

Greeneye04

I need a couple boxes o peaches. Lou going to make it down to the springs? If not I can have them picked up in denver

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
so far no springs delivery, check with N. therapy or possibly Local grow guy for then tp pick up and you can come and get later..the 28th is a Sunday.....

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
Order by tomorrow 25 bucks for 20 plus pound boxes Denver area only Sunday delivery, meet up.....
Very very good....

scoop

scoop

Jus' make sure the lids on them boxes is on tight for the ride down, my friend. Heeheee....

LocalGrowGuy

LocalGrowGuy

so far no springs delivery, check with N. therapy or possibly Local grow guy for then tp pick up and you can come and get later..the 28th is a Sunday.....
I'll be in Estes next weekend but this weekend I can help if needed. I'm near Park Meadows but I can drive down or meet halfway assuming it's not rush hour or 3am.

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
looks like so far greeneye n. therapy and LLG...
`4 cases. will work out pick up site and let you know if LLG or n therapy can meet
will send other goodies from our farm as well....

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
Oh oh oh !
Fresh as it can be
Will hang for 8 hours or so
And send along
One time cops confronted Lou
He gave out a Baggie of cheese
Someone observed and thought drug transaction
Let him off lol

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
Got yer cheese hangin
This was made when milk was still warm from the doe
I allow it to chill to 86 deg then add the packet
Oh oh oh
That is why our cheese is so good

Again you all can do this at home with store milk and it's still pretty darn good

Top Bottom