Cherry Pie, Platinum Gorilla, Deadhead OG: 4k watt, Coco.

• Thread starter MischiefGrows
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MischiefGrows

MischiefGrows

Hello,
I'm Mischief and this is my first medical grow.

A little information before i start:

Gear: Platinum Gorilla, Cherry Pie, Deadhead OG.
All starting from clone.

Equipment:
16/8: Currently running 1000 watt MH for veg. Will be bumping it up to 2k this week
For 12/12: 4k HPS
Bluelab Ph pen and Hanna TDS meter
Currently using tap water: sits for 48 hrs + and is pretty decent tap starting @ 100 PPM's
Temps are 75 during the day and 60-65 at night.
RH is usually around 40% during the day/ 40-50% at night.
Canna coco and Hydrocorn @ 50/50 ratio in 5 gallon Smart Pots.
Botanicare nutrient line: Pure blend grow, Liquid Karma, Cal-mag for my feeds as of now. I plan on implementing Hygrozyme, compost tea's, and beneficial mychorrhizae's.
Ph @ 5.8. I will be slowly bumping it up to 5.9-6.0 after the first week or so of 12/12.
PPMs starting @ 350 (100 from tap) and will bump it up slowly, increasing PPM's by 75-100 each feeding on a Feed, Feed, Water schedule.

Will be posting pictures very soon. Any constructive criticism/advice is welcomed.

outwest

outwest

Premium Gardener
Supporter
Nice! Love to see some photos!

outwest

Georgekush22

Georgekush22

Hello,
I'm Mischief and this is my first medical grow.

A little information before i start:

Gear: Platinum Gorilla, Cherry Pie, Deadhead OG.
All starting from clone.

Equipment:
16/8: Currently running 1000 watt MH for veg. Will be bumping it up to 2k this week
For 12/12: 4k HPS
Bluelab Ph pen and Hanna TDS meter
Currently using tap water: sits for 48 hrs + and is pretty decent tap starting @ 100 PPM's
Temps are 75 during the day and 60-65 at night.
RH is usually around 40% during the day/ 40-50% at night.
Canna coco and Hydrocorn @ 50/50 ratio in 5 gallon Smart Pots.
Botanicare nutrient line: Pure blend grow, Liquid Karma, Cal-mag for my feeds as of now. I plan on implementing Hygrozyme, compost tea's, and beneficial mychorrhizae's.
Ph @ 5.8. I will be slowly bumping it up to 5.9-6.0 after the first week or so of 12/12.
PPMs starting @ 350 (100 from tap) and will bump it up slowly, increasing PPM's by 75-100 each feeding on a Feed, Feed, Water schedule.

Will be posting pictures very soon. Any constructive criticism/advice is welcomed.
So far so good!

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
Would it be better to start your ph at at higher level like 6.2-6.3 and then decrease to a 5.8-5.9 as flowering progresses for the higher potassium, phosphorus, and potash intake levels? I've always done the opposite of what your doing, I always drift down in flower and drift up in veg...5.8-5.7 starts lockin out some of the flower specific minerals IMO

midwestdensies

midwestdensies

gentlemen start your engines. hell ya brent. Good luck with the grow man looks detailed and everything just some pics to catch up to speed.
MW

DYNAMIX

DYNAMIX

atb with this one matey ill be lurkin! as alwayz nuff respect....;)

MischiefGrows

MischiefGrows

Hello,
We haven't updated this journal yet bc we had a lot of issues that we had to take care of, but we have nursed them back to good health and we are about to flip the lights to 12/12. :)

Problems we were dealing with:

Spider mites- All the clones we received had a pretty bad infestation of spider mites. We took care of them fairly easily using 1 dose of Floramite & hit them with Mighty Wash the following day.

Hot coco- The clones looked deficient when we got them, so we started by feeding them a low dose of calmag and Botanicare pbp Grow. Even with a low dose, the next day they were showing signs of nutrient burn. We were feeding them 300 ppm's worth of food & the runoff's ppm came out at 1200. :wtf::dead::nailbiting: We're not sure how they got that high- it was either the coco they came in or they were just fed too much before we got them. We gradually started lowering the ppm's by watering them with really low dose feedings & eventually the ppm's coming out were within 100 of what was going in.
Since then, we have gradually built up to a feeding of 800 ppm's over the course of one month or so.

Reveg problem- When we got them (the Platinum Gorilla's and Cherry Pie's), they had a lot of what we thought were just preflowers & didn't think much of it. But halfway through the veg cycle, their leaf numbers starting reverting from five all the way back to one. We speculate that they were either clones taken from a flowering mother or the clones themselves were only in 12 hours of light- we aren't sure.
But they're back to a healthy leaf count back from 1 to 3 to 5 to 7. Now we're seeing healthy preflowers & think that they're finally ready to start flowering. We settled for these clones bc we've received various cuts a handful of times that had root aphids & we just really wanted something that didn't have root aphids. We also really like Cherry Pie. :happy: But from now on, we'll be taking our own clones from seed or from mothers that we know are healthy and bug free. ;)

We're just waiting for our last hood to come in, then we're going to turn the lights off for 24-36 hours then start 12/12. We have a few questions.. Should we flush to clear out veg nutes before we start feeding them flower nutes? When should we switch from veg nutes to flower nutes?

Thanks in advance for any feedback.

MischiefGrows

MischiefGrows

A little before and after...

These pics were taken around the end of February.
IMG 3596
IMG 3601

IMG 3602
IMG 1456
IMG 1459
IMG 1466
IMG 1467
IMG 1470
IMG 1471
IMG 1473
shawnskush

shawnskush

do not put those into flower if they still looked that stressed you will get herms for sure

MischiefGrows

MischiefGrows

do not put those into flower if they still looked that stressed you will get herms for sure
Those were pictures from when we first got them (about 6 weeks ago) and yes they were very sick.

Reactions: Dad
shawnskush

shawnskush

lol my bad i thought those were supposed to be the after photos! it was like damn son those are super sick..but the after photos prove otherwise those ladies look great now good job dude!

Reactions: Dad
MischiefGrows

MischiefGrows

We're just waiting for our last hood to come in, then we're going to turn the lights off for 24-36 hours then start 12/12. We have a few questions..
Should we flush to clear out veg nutes before we start feeding them flower nutes? When should we switch from veg nutes to flower nutes?
The only training techniques we tried this grow was supercropping on some of the PG's because they were growing lanky and kind of wild. Next time we will be topping from the start. Because of height issues, we are concerned that some of them might grow too tall if they double in stretch (we don't think any of these strains are supposed to stretch too bad on the flip but we aren't sure). We know that you are supposed to make your last topping 2 weeks before you flip, but we were curious if you could supercrop during the first week or so of flowering?

Top Bottom