Cherry Poppin' 3x3 LED Grow

• Thread starter ERBAL
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ERBAL

ERBAL

Hey all,
With much rejoice I bring you my first grow. I am creating this thread in hopes that I will get some help if I run into problems down the road and also help out future farmers.
EQUIPMENT
35x35x78 Mylar Tent
240W HTG Supply 7-Band LED
Fox Farms Happy Frog Medium
7-gallon felt pot

So far I have germinated 1 DNA Cannalope Kush seed and am hoping to get a clone from a friend to accompany it. I'm hoping to get some clones from the Cannalope to put aside for the next round.
I am going to try out some FIM and SCROG techniques to get the most out of my plants. Anybody have experience with a combination of FIM and SCROG?

UNITEDGROOVES

UNITEDGROOVES

Whats good Erbal.. Looks like you got a nice list of equipment.. Yes most hybrids respond well to fim and scrog... Just start training early on if you plan to grow tree style plants.. I'm sure you'll get it down.. The farm is a great place to learn techniques.. Peace

ERBAL

ERBAL

anybody know about LED's and seedlings?
My girl has been above soil for about 4 days now. I was using a couple CFL's that I ghetto rigged in the tent (induced some leaning). I started getting antsy and switched to the LED, hanging at about 17inches above the first set of leaves. Good move/bad move?
Thanks

ERBAL

ERBAL

been about 2 and a half weeks since I switched to the LED and ms. cannalope is liking it. ready to transplant into a 1 gallon bucket of FFHF. Going to FIM after she recovers from the transplant. I've added some bag seeds into the mix to learn sexing and hopefully get a female out of it.

enjoythePHOTOs
Topsmall

Closeuptopsmall
Sidesmall

ERBAL

ERBAL

ms cannalope kush is about 4 weeks old now. 1 week since transplant into 1 gallon container. 2 days since fim cut. seedlings are just over 2 weeks old. i've raised the light to about 24 inches above CK's top and raised the seedlings on a tupperware so the light is about 12 inches away from their tops. saw signs of what i believe to be fungus gnats (little flying black bugs with clearish wings) about 4 days ago. i have been battling them with fly paper (to catch the adults) and put a layer of perlite on top of all the plants (to stop any more egg laying). i have noticed their population has decreased considerably. still haven't added any nutrients (using FFHF soil). i am thinking i will try some lst on CK in the next few days.

raised seedlings (clones to the right are a buddies im caring for)
Fullview small

ms cannalope kush
Cannalope kush small

fim cut (2 days since cut)
Fim2 small

ERBAL

ERBAL

ms cannalope is 5 weeks old now. she was put into a 7 gallon soft pot about a week ago and lst'ed about 3 days ago. she is really bushing out now. about 12 inches tall after lst with at least 6 branches starting to grow upwards into colas. The bag seed seedlings are starting to take off, ranging between 5-7 inches. I finally got nutrients (Age Old Organics Grow and Bloom) and have had 2 feedings (first was 1/4 strength/ second was 1/2 strength). I am also adding about 1 tbs of molasses in each watering. thinking of keeping my feeding schedule to, feed. water. feed. water. at least through veg. I am planning on flipping to 12/12 in about 2 weeks. Will be getting 2- 43 watt 2700k cfl's to give a boost in light spectrum and coverage for when I flower. I want to try to fill up half the tent with the Cannalope Kush and keep the bag seeds on the other side if I get any females from them.

here they are
Cannalope Kush after LST
Cannalopekush

Bag seed 1_ tallest and most stretched
Bagseed1

Bag seed 2
Bagseed2

Bag seed 3
Bagseed3

Bag seed 4 (Purple Nepal)
Bagseed4purplenepal

ERBAL

ERBAL

so this is my first grow and im tryna learn as much as I can. seeing as I have 1 feminized seed with good genetics (DNA Canalope Kush) and 4 bag seeds, I am trying to get the bag seed males out of the tent asap. Bag seeds are about 3 weeks old now, running the light at 18/6. I am planning on switching to 12/12 in 2 weeks but sexing with pre-flowers is something that interests me. This is the most distinct pre-flower out of the bunch. comes from bag seed #1 (from post above). I'm wondering if you all think this is a female pre-flower?

(no macro lens yet. this is the closest focal length I could get) definitely looks like some white pistils to me
Female preflower

RIVAL79

RIVAL79

Funk Master!
Supporter
It's a girl! Congrats, bro. Is that from the bag seeds?

ERBAL

ERBAL

yep a random seed from a collection I started last year. no idea of strain. not ideal but hey, ill take it

ERBAL

ERBAL

more updates...

got bored and decided to splurge on the cfl supplemental lights early. the setup cost me a total $25 for 92w (4 x 23w) of 2700k cfls (im a broke college student). fixed my temperature issues (was running a little cold before 71-74 lights on).

240w LED + 92W (4 x 23W) 2700k CFL's
Lights

Full tent view

ERBAL

ERBAL

my buddy moved his plants out of my tent and into his. i have the tent to myself so i rearranged things to neaten it up and try to make the canopy even. I tied down ms cannalope's top again to try and give light to the newest nodes. it looks like at least 5 of her branches have started growing up. cant wait until they start to stretch.

the bagseed plant with the female pre-flowers that i posted above is going crazy with pistils. 3 nodes all have very noticeable pre-flowers on them. she is the only one out of the bunch. is this normal or a good sign?

the purple nepal bagseed is looking more and more like a runt. it has been the smallest of the bagseeds from the get go and has made no effort to catch up. we'll see what happens in flower.

1 more week till flower.

Fulltent

Bagseed1

Bagseed2

Bagseed3

Purplenepal

Cannalopekush

ERBAL

ERBAL

2 questions about pre-flowers...

is this a male pre-flower?
Malepreflower2

why does this plant have so many pistils? it is a bagseed from a long forgotten nug and it has been on 18/6 its whole life.
Pistilgalore

Pistiltop

also an update on ms cannalope. i tied down the top once more this afternoon. i have been tucking and weaving the branches and fan leaves in order to get the most light penetration to the branches that i can. trimmed off some of the the leaves that were shaded and resting on the soil top.
Cannalopekush2

ERBAL

ERBAL

looks like there is another female in the bunch. this one is coming from mystery #2 bagseed (from post above).

Female2

ERBAL

ERBAL

switched to 12/12 2 days ago. gave one of the bagseed plants to a friend to free up some space in the tent. feed 1/2 dose of bloom and 1/2 dose of grow nutrients with molasses today. 2 of the bagseeds and the cannalope kush have shown female pre-flowers. still nothing showing on the purple nepal bagseed. here they are

bagseed 1 (she has pre-flowers/pistols at every node even in 18/6 cycle)
Bagseed1

Bagseed1top

bagseed 2
Gavetopaul

purple nepal bagseed (no preflowers yet)
Purplenepal

cannalope kush
Cannalopkushside

Cannalopetop

ERBAL

ERBAL

9 days of 12/12. all are showing pistils on most nodes. thinned out the purple nepal bagseed and bagseed #2 to make more room. bagseed #1 is the tallest at 21 inches above soil and has lots of pistils/ some bud development. it is way ahead of all the others. should i be worried about it being a herm? bagseed #3 is 16 inches above soil. cannalope kush has most of its tops around 14 inches above the soil.

full tent view
Fulltent

bagseed#1
Bagseed1

bagseed 3
Bagseed3

cannalope kush
Cannalope

Reactions: Dad
sun

sun

Cool bagseed ! I hope you find a keeper .There was a time when all there was, was bagseed.I found some special plants , to bad I didn't know about cloning way back then.

ERBAL

ERBAL

I had it dialed in to 65ish light off 78 lights on but decided to turn off the central heat in the house to save on the gas bill. It had dropped down to 56 lights off 68 lights on for a couple days but I just put in a space heater, after i took the pics, to bring the temps back up

ERBAL

ERBAL

pH is one unknown variable as I don't own a meter. I have been using tap water run through a Pur filter into gallon jugs, often adding molasses and every once in a while just plain water. Then nutrients every other watering. I put the water into the jugs 3-5 days before watering. The jugs have a hole drilled into the lid and I shake em up everyday. So far I havent noticed any negative signs showing on the plants. Could this be an issue I run into further into flower?

Top Bottom