Cherrybomb Genetics Info

• Thread starter merlin123
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

merlin123

Friend gave me a package of seeds that are about 7 years old. Not sure of the rules for posting seed vendor names but it says Reeferman on them.

Found lots of info on Cherrybomb II and Mr. Greenjeans Cherrybomb.

sun

sun

I grew rms cherrybomb great tast .the first time I grew it, it gave me redish leaves .it had a taste of cherrys and insence.it auto flowered real easy when rootbound.verry tasty only mine looked very sativa dominate .I almost thought it was misslabeled

M

merlin123

Sun thanks for the response. Do you remember how long it took to bloom? Was the yield ok?

sun

sun

heres a cbi that I grew it was stuck back in a corner and grown under cfl's.put it under a regular light & it will grow more dense.As for the flowering time I let it go long so it would be extra stony

DSC02359
M

monkey5

Premium Member
Supporter
Merlin123, Reef., used Mr. Greengenes cherry bomb as one of the parents to the Cherry bomb #2 ..hope that helps you out! Those seeds are good ones from Reeferman! Cherry bomb indica was the other parent! 50% sativa..50% indica ...I believe that Mr. Greengenes sativa..cherry bomb was a select pheno of Maui Wowie...enjoy! monkey5

S

SSHZ

I own an old pack too....... I heard Reefs earliest CBI versions are the better ones. You should be very happy with them, IF THEY POP!!!

B

bigbag

ive heard the names Maui Wowee, Jack Herer and California Indica thrown around in the context of Cherry Bomb parents...

sun

sun

My cut was medicinal but not too couchlocky. Id kill to get it back, it tasted that good!
But I wont play any more games with R.M (terible germ rates lousey coustomer service)R.M. would promise & promise but never deliver.
In all honesty crack those seeds your lucky to have R.M.'s old gear! In fact I liked R.M.'s gear so much that I hung in there till he pm'ed me about 14 messages promising to replace one order of willy nelson this was susposed to come with free apple pie then he promised me harmony instead.I still have all theese p.m.'s saved here.He's a douchbag & a liar.Everyone says the same thing .But his old gear was great & thats the only reason why ive held on this long

Mr. Greengenes

Mr. Greengenes

Sorry to arrive late at this thread. RM's 'Cherry Bomb' was not a 'strain' per se, at least not in the sense that my CB is. In my opinion, you shouldn't use the term strain unless you've inbred that seedline exclusively for 6-7 generations or so. No way did RM do that with his CB. Cherry Bomb was the name I chose for my strain of 'Maui Wowee' when I obtained the original 7 seeds. That was in the year 1977, so I'd say my choice of name predates ALL others...yes?

My relationship with RM was interesting. I was trying to find competent commercial breeders that were more interested in preserving IBL's and landraces than making new crosses which is what most breeders were doing then. After carrying the responsibility of a seedline for SO long, I was anxious to spread it around to prevent a loss. I met RM on overgrowdotcom and sent him a fat pack (60-80) of CB seeds to start his line. First thing he did was cross it with some strain he had named CB (to be accurate, he probably just invented that name to justify the cross) and instead of offering the pure line, which any breeder would be much more interested in, he offered F1 hybrid seeds of the two lines. Now, if you know your breeding, I don't need to go into this, but if you don't, short answer is F1's are pretty worthless for breeding. The real irony of the whole episode is, RM probably learned about protecting your pure lines by offering F1's from talking to me! Well, it wasn't the first time someone has taken information they learned from me and used it against me, that's the price you gotta pay for knowin' lotsa stuff.

Most people who have grown out both my CB and RM's cross prefer my pure CB. It would seem that everything good about the cross comes from my genes. That makes sense because my CB would be much more stable for many more traits than a recently crossed, randomly bred plant.

A 'type' CB plant should be very potent, with an ammonia smell and taste and fruity undertones. CB plants are very tough and hardy and withstand abuse well. Some can yield huge amounts outdoors. The high is very medicinal and relaxing, gives a feeling of well being and positive outlook. Red stems and petiols are associated with the fruity, cherry taste, which is more noticable on weaker (less potent) plants. The positive aspect of the high may be more pronounced on the slightly lower potency plants as well. I probably selected the potency higher over the generations (hard to avoid), making those 'type' plants a bit rarer in the seedbatches. Hope this helps. I'll drop by again, see if there's any more questions.

S

SSHZ

I was wondering if anyone knows the differences between the CBI and the CBI 2........ I own a bunch of these early beans but stopped growing his gear out when it started turning into lettuce...........

gusthedog

gusthedog

One thing I know for a fact is the original Cherry Bomb came from a clone RM got from Florence, Oregon. RM stated it in a magazine intreview. The origional clone was called Cherry AK. It was a AK/Killer Queen crossed with another grower AK from Gold Beach. The clone was given away freely in the Florence area in 2003 to a few growers because I was the one who grew it. Some of you may scoff at this but its the Gods Honest Truth. Everytime I see RM's Cherry Bomb written about, it puts a little smile on my face.

Top Bottom