CHHC-4 Co2 Help

• Thread starter Botanikos
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Botanikos

Botanikos

Got my room all setup with the CHHC-4 envirn controller but it seems like the CO2 monitor isn't working.

I've got it calibrated (from the outside 380 ppm)and the CO2 generator connected and have the settings for 1300 ppm. Though when I read the monitor it has it showing 600 ppm in the room.
(Dead Band at 50 ppm)

Am I doing something wrong?

bigcheese510

bigcheese510

is it within 15ft of a digital ballast. if it is too close it will fuck up and give you false readings.

E

Emithsuk

Is your room sealed? How are you cooling the room? We need more details before you automatically blame the equipment.

Animal Chin

Animal Chin

Supporter
it ofcoarse could be something other than this but i myself had problems with my controller not being a minimum of 8 ft from digital ballasts. it should go over that in the instructions. i put longer cords on my ballasts and put them in a different room and now my ac doesnt have to work as hard to cool the room also 2 birds 1 stone

QuarterbackMo

QuarterbackMo

Its correct if your in a basement your water heater gives off free co2 :)

silverhaze

silverhaze

Is your room sealed? How are you cooling the room? We need more details before you automatically blame the equipment.

Like Emithsuk asked how does your room work? Is it possible that you're sucking the co2 out with an exhaust fan of some variety?

it depends on the ballast manufacturer. i have 1000w quantums that do nothing to bother my chhc-4's... they are probably 5' away from the ballasts, but it totally messes with my hanna meter

QuarterbackMo

QuarterbackMo

it depends on the ballast manufacturer. i have 1000w quantums that do nothing to bother my chhc-4's... they are probably 5' away from the ballasts, but it totally messes with my hanna meter
I can co sign quantum digital ballasts not messing up the chhc-4 neither one of mine seem to care i got 2 of them... The thing i said earlier about the basement co2 is off personal experience... Look into it thats probably what it is. My first day plugging up the sentinel my co2 reading with no co2 added was 1250ppm i thought it was broke till the first day i didnt run the house ac... Thats when i learned about the water heater enriching the whole basement with co2 and it all finally made sense.

that isn't good if your water heater is enriching your room. that means it isn't venting properly.

i would disagree. i have a rather large gas water heater in my basement and i do not have high co2 levels.

delae632

delae632

IG @delae_632
Supporter
You can try resetting your unit. I had a problem with mine, reset it and it works fine now.

Press Enter/reset + down for 2 seconds

When it displays F.set press enter/reset again

QuarterbackMo

QuarterbackMo

i would disagree. i have a rather large gas water heater in my basement and i do not have high co2 levels.
Idk how your house is set up but my return air intake for my furnace is right next to the water heater... When the blower motor is on it the ambient co2 byproduct from the water heater flame gets sucked up and redistributed through my duct system which most of mine is dedicated to my basement for obvious reasons... When my ac is on the co2 in the basement is usually about 1200ppm otherwise its about 400 ppm when its winter or nothings running (spring/fall) and I shut the ducts in the grow area when its winter.... Not saying this is your case in particular but its something to look into. If your not sure go get a co2 test kit and when that says the same thing you already know what time it is. Just my 2 cents..

S

swisscheese

I just hooked up my chhc4 and a titan regulator and my room is sealed properly I mean 7/16" osb-3/4" foam-R13 Insulation-3/4" foam-7/16" OSB. I run the foam boards horizontally and the OSB vertically so the board seams don't line up and tape the foam and caulk the osb. I have a 3 ton mini split Ideal Air and the room entrance is an exterior door with extra weather stripping. All my holes are caulked or foamed or both. Sorry if I missed it but how is your room setup? Mine is staying at 1500ppm barely running, make sure you are on fuzzy logic mode with your sentinel, you hold the ENTER/RESET button down for 5 seconds and you hit UP or DOWN until it reads fuzzy_logic. I hope my post was helpful in some way. Roll a fattie smoke a blunt.

P

paperplane

Fuzzy logic is only for bottle co2 correct? Not be used with a burner since fuzzy logic turns on & off back and forth so quickly. I could be wrong, I havent played with my sentinal or done co2 enrichment for about a year now.

Top Bottom