chicken barn project....

• Thread starter Barnboy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

blackcat

i posted back in old thread but i got two 3 phase 10 ton a/c split units together will do 60 lights. i need to get rid of them you want? in BC

F

Farmer Jon

Premium Member
Supporter
Building Boxes would be the cheapest route, and its simple to boot. Thick plastic as a liner or shower pan if you wanna go big. Then there is always the bare wood option...
If your set on a breathable container and have height concerns, get a larger than needed smart pot and only fill 2/3. Kiddie Pools are a great idea but not porous like a smart pot.
Your motivation is amazing, and your willingness to push the boundaries is inspiring, but TBH it seams you could use the help of an adviser with experience in large gardens to assist you in these decisions.
With a project of this size I have to assume failure is not an option and there are a few farmers around that you may be able to convince to make the trip.
I wish you lots of luck,
FJ

Z

Zephyr

so, because of negative feedback, i decided to start another thread regarding this project.

some here thought that because of lack of pics that i was full of shit about this project. i guess there are alot of shit talkers that come and go on this site

i am posting before buildout because i am in the planning stages of the growroom design and setup.

there are alot of knowledgeable people that can offer good advice on different aspects of a larger grow. i am always open to suggestion.

its not that project isnt thought out, there is always room for suggestion....theres always a different or better way.

so if you wanna bash, and dont want to offer good ideas or answers to my questions, dont bother posting please. dont waste anyones time

flower room 1... 131 1000w ballasts, 75 plants(room 124x39ft

flower room 2....131 1000w ballasts, 75 plants(room 124x39

veg room..........64 1000w ballasts, 125 plants(room 124x39)

flower room is on flip flop. vertical grow(checkerboard 56lights vertical) and an additional 75 lights horizontal(one per plant) that are flipped on 2-3 weeks into flowering(total of 131 lights per room).

i have never done both vertical and then horizontal(few weeks in)but would like to experiment to give canopy and sides full illumination....large

growing 5ft plants

growing in very large containers with promix

pics of future site below.
Nice project idea!
To me and with experience the area is big enough to do it ...but the ceiling is way to low.
with that kind of instalation you would need at least twice as much air space over your head.

Sorry but location is everything when you built a farm.

Good luck!

convex

convex

Never tried it, only seen a chum do it outside.
A little mossy like algae on the outside of the bag come harvest, but nothing that seemed to hinder growth.

I see nursery's that do this with trees, shrubs and saplings, seems to work well for them.

Cheers

B

Barnboy

Never tried it, only seen a chum do it outside.
A little mossy like algae on the outside of the bag come harvest, but nothing that seemed to hinder growth.

I see nursery's that do this with trees, shrubs and saplings, seems to work well for them.

Cheers

I found some burlap bags that are 48"x60"... I want very large containers to grow nice size bushy trees...
Do u think that this is suficient or should I try for larger?

convex

convex

I'm really not one to advise you, a 5 gallon pot is HUGE for me.

48x60 garbage bag container is 64 gallons ...you should be able to grow a tree in 64 gallons.

Kingboy

Kingboy

Genetics
Supporter
Hey Bro, Looks like an incredible journey you guys are planning. The biggest issue i see with the building is the ceiling height. My preference would be a minimum 10 ft ceiling with 5 ft plants. Best of luck barnboy... Rock that... -Kingboy

U

UCtestn

I really thought you were full of shit but I see your not. I hope it all goes well and can't wait to see this room in action. Best of luck
NCT

+1
I won't apologize, but I will send good karma your way. This IS the internet and all grow forums (actually any site) have (has) kids running around jerking off to some sort of mental picture. I wish you the best in your venture and will continue, as I did in your A/C thread, to give my real opinion without the sarcasm. In exchange, you need to keep us updated and not forget to post pics as your project advances.

I found some burlap bags that are 48"x60"... I want very large containers to grow nice size bushy trees...
Do u think that this is suficient or should I try for larger?

Dude, That's F'n HUGE! I doubt your roots would fill that with that short of a veg. I do want to see it done though, I like the idea too!

Those prices you quoted are redic. who pays retail for grow equipment when outfitting warehouses? $250 ballasts???? more like $100 for a 1k ballast probably signifcantly cheaper if you source hundreds of them. bulbs for $70 each???? how bout $30 parking lot bulbs??? it isnt that bad . its alot of money but you guys are making it sound impossible.

Agreed. Any standard retailer is paying $90 for 1k ballast on orders 50 and above. Just to win your future nute and medium business most would be happy selling it at cost. I pay $30 per bulb at accessdiscount.com and sometimes find them cheaper on ebay... hell recently there was dual arc bulbs for less then $40.

intruder

intruder

Barnboy , SERIOUSLY
that is the 1 hell of an endevour,and with a sharp pencil is doable even for a newb

you have big garden experience so alot of the unknowns(so to speak)you will already know and be able to deal with

your balls must spark when you walk LOL
good luck

G

gooey

gl with this amigo...positive vibes your way...i think smart pots are your best bet...custom built for a low profile...gl once again...peace n puffs

S

swampwater

nice size endeavor..

as far as the smart pots, or burlap sacks.. careful that they dont add too much humidity.. the # of plants your talking.. all those pots evaporating moisture through their sides into the air... no way i'd go individual pots in space that large. unless it was totally automated.

just a thought.
good luck.

ProdigyGrower

ProdigyGrower

Alien Junkie and bush master
Supporter
You could build soma beds that would work awesome for plants that size but I requires that you water your plants slit more so a drip system would b almost mediatory this is going to b crazy when it's done I hope it all works for you that is a shit ton of power being pulled I can't imagine that power bill lol

G

gudkarma

that was a classic in your face.

respect to both the ant/protagonists.

Fred el Gato

Fred el Gato

I'm thinking he's busy sortin all the issues out with this monster.

bloads

bloads

I was one of the shit talkers on the other thread you had.. sorry about that but had to do some clowning because this is an epic sized dream build. Regardless.. so you have your site.. you got your ideas flowing.. how are you progressing on solving your power needs so far and permits and dual 600 amp service? You guys got things worked out with the power company yet? What about building inspections to make sure your place wont fall over or there are no toxic chemicals/airborn viruses in the area (only asking because it was a poultry house). What are you doing for watering on that large of a scale? Do you have enough friends/workers hired to start this endeavor? Place looks wide open, are you going to be fencing off the property and beginning to install some surveillance devices around the property? Do you have a massive amount of capital (cash) in your account yet to start buying some of the known needed equipment? Something this large have you talked to one of the light system manufactures yet about working out a deal to have that many ballasts/bulbs/systems shipped over yet? Smart pots are short and squat once you get into like the 45 gallon one.. that is what I would use. 5 foot plants you should go with like the 45 gallon or 30 gallon bags. They have a 24" base and are only 15 bucks a piece.

I am going to ask you a question STRAIGHT TO THE POINT do you mind??? So I did some calculations.. VERY broad and basic ones JUST off of the bare bones equipment you need to start NOT including all the electrical work you need done, power upgrades, plants themselves and all that shit.. so just for lights..326 of them at what I guess was a low estimate on 1000w systems.. $250 bucks a pop so That is $81500 bucks... Now your going to need bulbs for each of them, at a low estimate of geez lets even say $70 bucks a pop so thats $22820 dollars. Total of $104,320 just for lighting basics to even think about starting. You gotta spend about $4500 bucks on all those smart pots for the 300 plants (296) you want. Nutrients.. so what do you plan on using for all that? So your at about $110,000 bucks just for lights, and plant pots to even look like your serious about starting this.. Do you have that much money laying around somewhere right now man? YES OR NO? Just wanna know.. cause with 110k in cash you are only barely scratching the surface of starting this.. just curious.. NOT talking shit.. but people on here want to see that you actually have the resources to complete this project so while we appreciate some photos.. can you divulge some more details on how you became rich? And how your two patients plan to smoke oh say roughly 500 lbs of weed? Dont be offended.. just answer please.. I am not the only one curious. Obviously your doing this to make some cash.. but you obviously are already rich to even start this so whats the point if I may ask?

ok to answer your questions:

my partners uncle is an accomplished electrician. he is working on the local unniversity. he does big projects both commercial and industrial. he has extensive knowledge. hes not a residential electrician that just pulls wire here and there. electrical is the easy part. we are in very good hands. he gets paid after first crop...very well i might add, with excellent bonus

the property has 400 amps at this point. we are bringing in 3 phase 600v 600amp at this point.... maybe more. our hydro costs to upgrade are estimated at 12-15k.

we then have another 20k allocated for materials for electricial to work with regarding panels and flip boxes etc that he will easily build himself...keep in mind electrical labour comes out at the end

this barn is very clean and hasnt been used in years, only as storage

we will disinfect and then rent a commercial paint sprayer to coat all the walls with flat paint.

the second floor at one point was used and carried alot of weight including a tractor to push all the manure. building is structurally sound.

watering is not an issue. there is a massive cistern there and a massive pond that was/is used for irrigation.

this is going to be a very "crude" and basic set up. its not going to be a beatiful closed enviornment set up like the pics that we would see here on the farm

i have 5 people to set up which is plenty. i not long ago had a 100+ lighter running that i set up in one month with one helper. im not afraid of 8hr days of labour for set up. i will put up a few pics of this other system i set up and ran that was 100light+. if set up right, a big system is easy to run with only an average of 2 hours a day of maintenance and 4 8hr days max a month for transplant and trimming etc. if cropping monthly or 10 weeks depending on strain. this has been my experience in the past.

surveilence will be an alarm system/foggers/ horns to alarm house on premises along with local police. the system will have layers of protection. so by time theif gets thru one door, then tries thru the next and then the next, too late, here are the cops. we are still working on perfecting this thru planning.

financing you ask? read below

i know that you are crunching numbers and figure the costs of lighting etc.

my estimate from running larger systems and buying lights, filters, etc etc etc right to the last extention cord.... it always seemed to run about 1000dollars per light.

i presently have ALL the equiptment for 140lights, from a-z, on hand from another system in storage

so when running on a flip flop its approx 280 lights that are covered financially.

the extra lighting we will buy.

nutruient i have had very good success with gerneral hydroponics, i also used vitamax, pro silicate, humic and fulvic. and a few other attitives, not sure what the were, gotta look it up.

plants are supplied by a good friend who will be vegging them in promix for 6weeks before they come to site and are then transplanted and vegged for another month.

i am not rich by any means.

the equiptment is all just about there.

we have 150k float to work with. if you want me to break down further where the 150k will be allocated to properly fund this i can, if its that important. im telling you we are within reason.

here are a few pics of the 100+ lighter...

Hah! Any more questions Jimmy?

Barnboy, you're handling the grow-room-size envy like a champ.

Top Bottom