Chief Bigsmokes Organic Grandaddy Haze

• Thread starter Chief Bigsmoke
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

Chief Bigsmoke

Good Day Everyone,

Thank you for tuning in. I am still in the midst of my first ever grow, but I wanted to separate my two journals to keep it more relative to the topic.

I have 11 Grandaddy Haze seeds from Connoisseur Genetics. I have started 3 in hopes of starting my perpetual grow cycle.

The strain is F1 cross between Grandaddy Purps and the Super Silver Sour Diesel Haze.

I am attempting to grow totally organic with an emphasis on using vegan ingredients. No cow manures, blood and bone meals. As natural and ULTRA clean as possible. The only poop I'll use is Earthworm castings and Bat Guanos.

Feel free to subscribe and follow me along my attempts to grow some stellar medicine. I am a member of the Cannabis Trade Association here in Cananduh. I am one of the 2%er's dedicated to the legal cannabis industry. I am also a full-time horticulture students at a local University.

Most of all, I'm a rookie who plans to share my experiences in hopes to help others. While proving and testing dank strains.

Enjoy!

Chief

C

Chief Bigsmoke

Product Description

Connoisseur Genetics Seeds Grandaddy Haze

The superb intoxicating, fruity flavours of the Grandaddy Purple come together with the candy delights of SSSDH to create a fruit cocktail of complex tastes and a killer high. Keep an eye out for phenos that turn purple for an extra treat.

Avaialble in 11 regular cannabis seeds

Flowering Time: 8-10 weeks

Ggh
C

Chief Bigsmoke

About the strain from the Breeder

COPY AND PASTE FROM Connoisseur 420 in the Cheesedog thread from Pura.

the grandaddy haze(,man you picked 2 good variety honestly)*talking about my cheesedog as well.

well these will be more of 3 way hybrid containing gdp sour diesel and haze

grandaddy purple pheno will be a lovely shorter variety that is easy to grow finishes quickly 8 weeks and turns purple almost black if taken past 8 weeks and given a good flush
not super potent but this is just so dam tasty and moreish you will be reaching for the jar often

sour deisel pheno
that pops up from sssdh male will be some serious fuel
very potent will leave you sleeping if your lightweight
taste very nice, diesel fuel
can stretch for a week or 2

or the sssdh pheno
lemony hazy aroams and taste
sweat inducing buzz for those who have not tried the sssdh before
log duration of high and generaly 1 of the best hazes out there and belive me ive tried alot of haze

you cant go wrong with either of these varietys bro and keep us uodated on your progress

any more Q fire away
to be honest you should not find a shit pheno in these
all mothers used are very excellent strains and the male has been proven over the last years in all the sssdh seeds and hybrids ive put out

peace

C

Chief Bigsmoke

Photo Update

As they looked yesterday... I might have all three phenos as well. :)

Sept 22 009
Sept 22 010
Sept 22 011
C

Chief Bigsmoke

When to flip?

Anyone have any clue how long I should veg these girls? I would like to flip them as soon as possible. I'm not super concerned about yield but I do not want to shaft myself. Any thoughts?...

:)

D

daddymexbricks

Good luck on the grow! I've never seen a thread on these beans so I'll be lurking!

C

Chief Bigsmoke

CTA and LMG Insurance

On a side note, I recommend that anyone who wants to be totally legal like I am, join the Cannabis Trade Association. They are dedicated to a safe and legal cannabis industry. Once you're a member you have access to their legal and business help. The main director Bob Marsh used to be a Captain of a Battleship in the Royal Canadian Navy until his recent retirement. They also have doctors to help patients get their MMAR cards and they have exclusive access to Canada's first dedicated Medical Cannabis Insurance. Which protects home owners, business owners, and growers from the usual issues related to indoor growing. Must people have no idea that their insurance will be immediately revoked if they are suspected of indoor growing. It's a harsh reality that you should protect yourself from.

Anyways, check out their video with REMO the Urbangrower here:

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xkmocl_cannabis-trade-association-lmg-insurance

C

Chief Bigsmoke

I think I'm going to put them into the flowering room today. I've seen a couple threads of the SSSDH offspring and they all have some nice stretch and I figured it's better to have them too small then too big. I like things manageable.

Chief

C

Chief Bigsmoke

First day of excersize

I decided to give the girls a bit of a workout today in preparation for being flipped into 12/12 from 18/6.

Sept 24 015
Sept 24 016
Sept 24 017
SweetTooth

SweetTooth

Looking good there chief but I am wondering if those plants have shown preflowers yet? You should usually see pistils at about 5 weeks, maybee longer from seed. Quality and yield will suffer if you don't wait until they sexually mature before flowering. Unless it is an autoflower strain.

Patience my man patience...

C

Chief Bigsmoke

Looking good there chief but I am wondering if those plants have shown preflowers yet? You should usually see pistils at about 5 weeks, maybee longer from seed. Quality and yield will suffer if you don't wait until they sexually mature before flowering. Unless it is an autoflower strain.

Patience my man patience...

Good advice Sweet. I'll let them veg longer. I was reading in someone's SSSDH journal and they mentioned that vegging as early as possible is recommended. Is the earliest time to flip when I first spot preflowers? Even on a Sat dom strain?

Thanks again for your help!

Builtaforest

Builtaforest

Big Chief, it would be safe to assume the SSSDH may lend a bit of stretch to this cross, SSSDH really seems to be one of those that actually do perform well from clone to make up for the extended flower time.

SweetTooth

SweetTooth

I think that what they mean by vegging as early as possible is as little as possible because of the stretch factor. Yep, you shouldn't flip a plant from seed until it shows its sex. Unless those are fem seeds some of them could end up being males too. You probably wont be able to tell until there is at least 5 sets of nodes.

Difference male female
C

Chief Bigsmoke

Thanks guys! Its good to have help from you seasoned vets.

My plan will be to wait until preflowers show. Once I have a cloned version in the future I will be able to speed up the veg time. This gives me a chance to train it properly and perhaps try my luck at super-cropping.

J

jaycuffee21

here's my gdh she's currently at day 44 but the pics are day 41 but you are in for a treat, im guessing i got the sssdh pheno cause she's stretchy i induced flowering at 15 now she's about 4 and half ft, good yielder i'll proly get about 3 1/2 to 4 oz. of top shelf dispensary bud!!!

Gdh
Another gdh
C

Chief Bigsmoke

here's my gdh she's currently at day 44 but the pics are day 41 but you are in for a treat, im guessing i got the sssdh pheno cause she's stretchy i induced flowering at 15 now she's about 4 and half ft, good yielder i'll proly get about 3 1/2 to 4 oz. of top shelf dispensary bud!!!

That is soo tasty looking thanks for sharing Jaycuffee21. When you say induced flowering, do you mean you flipped them into flower only after 15 days from seed?

Holy yielder too! I had no idea that this will be a decent yielder. I figured the gdp would bring down the overall yield.

Thanks again for your help

J

jaycuffee21

15 inches with heavy lst, I also transferred from 1 gal to 5 gal and then she exploded smells of a grape apple martini with skunky undertones you're definitely gonna be pleased with this one

C

Chief Bigsmoke

Grafting Photo Log

Today was a fun day. I topped the grandaddy haze's at the 4 or 5th nodes and I am experimenting with Grafting.

I took the cutting from the GDP pheno (GH2) and I grafted it onto my super branchy Cheesedog mom. Now I still don't know if GH2 is a female or not but I didn't want to turn down an opportunity to work with a good cutting and at least gain some worth while experience. Hopefully it is a female and it's a win/win situation.

Enjoy!

Oct 3rd 025
Oct 3rd 028
Oct 3rd 029
Oct 3rd 030
Oct 3rd 031
Oct 3rd 032
Oct 3rd 033
Oct 3rd 036
Oct 3rd 037
Oct 3rd 039
Oct 3 001