Chiller maintenence

• Thread starter Jalisco Kid
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
J

Jalisco Kid

I had a friend give me a couple of water chillers because he said they did not work 100%. I was thinking maybe they were losing their charge. I ran some acid thru the evap unit,soaked it in some enzymes a few days. They work just fine. I know he uses ro only so I guess it must be the Calcium from his nutes. I have put a flush sys on my sys by reversing the flow. A bit of overkill but thats the way I work.JK

L

Lost

I find Iso works great for killing all the stuff in them. They do grow shit in them after a while..

E

easypleasie

Good tip! I had to do the same thing to a used reef aquarium chiller. I only used bleach so i'll go back and use some kind of acid to remove any left over residue. I also used that spray you use on air conditioners to clean the heat exchanger. I got some of that physan 20 you recommend so i'll run that through also.

JayBee

JayBee

International Toker
Supporter
This is great topic, I recently purchased a new chiller and have been thinking a lot about how to maintain it and clean out the crap. I guess just running clearex through it doesnt cut it? I dont know much about taking things apart or have access to anything special, any advice on Chiller Cleaning for Dummies? :RastaBong:

JB

Top Bottom