Chimera, could you please reveal more about SAS in Sassy Frass hybrid ?

• Thread starter JoeRoots
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
J

JoeRoots

Hi Chimera. I'm interested a bit about background of SAS -Superior Afghani Skunk which was mother of your Sassy Frass hybrid. Was it basically an afghan x skunk cross ? I planted 9 seeds of SF this year. Seedlings were grown indoors under CFL and then moved outdoors in June. Seedlings has broad "afghan type" leaves but later during season it changed to more narrow leaflets. I got 4 females which are flowering now. Height from 1,7 to more than 2 m, healthy and vigorous growth, very good branching (1 plant is shorter and broader other 3 are taller but still with lots of branching). Every plant have more or less purple stems - apparently a trait from Blueberry father. All plants smells very nice already from seedling stage. I used only organic ferts and additives: worm castings, ground buckhorn, oxyhumolite pellets (humic acids), chicken manure pellets. We had a lot of rainfall this summer but I had no problem with the pests or powdery mildew - likely because I used home made neem spray every week. I will post images of flowering plants soon. I am looking forward for finished product.

"The Sassy Frass is a hybrid oF DJ Short's blueberry and a clone I selected many years ago from an experimental cross of two well loved lines. We called her SAS; Superior Afghani Skunk (not to be confused with super skunk). This plant produced ample frosty lime green nuggets; in fact she's the clone I would share with my commercially minded friends who were concernned about the intense smell of the other clones I typically grew for sinse; wimps! This one became their commercial staple, since they didn't have to double up on the charcoal filters." -Chimera

Top Bottom