• Thread starter logic
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
logic

logic

Administrator
Staff
Link: BBC NEWS | UK | Northern Ireland | Gang link to £8.4m cannabis haul

Chinese criminal gangs are believed to be behind an £8.4m cannabis haul in Northern Ireland, police have said.

Forty-five people, all from South East Asia, have been charged in connection with the find.

More than 14,500 cannabis plants were seized and a number of so-called "cannabis factories" across Northern Ireland have been shut down.

Police believe gangs based in Great Britain have switched their focus to Northern Ireland.

"Police believe these factories are linked to organised crime," said Detective Inspector Peter Moore.

"Organised crime gangs have turned their attention from mainland UK to Northern Ireland, presumably because they thought they wouldn't get caught. They were wrong."

"We believe the cannabis is being cultivated here for distribution and sale outside Northern Ireland. Our investigations are continuing with a number of other agencies to determine the scale and extent of the network."

A total of 55 properties were searched as part of an operation dating back to late last year which resulted in 56 arrests.

Officers recovered 14,500 cannabis plants with a street value of £7.3m and 113 kilos of herbal cannabis with a street value of £1.1m. The cannabis was being grown in rented houses across Northern Ireland.

They also seized £120,000 in cash as well as substantial amounts of cannabis growing equipment.

Police believe those involved are not local Chinese people but individuals from outside Northern Ireland.

Peter Moore said: "Officers have met with representatives of the local Chinese community and they are as outraged as all other right-thinking members of our society."

Untitled 4
Midnightgardener

Midnightgardener

re

yea chinese vietnamese, its good in a way...they get all the attention focused of them and we can just carry on gardening...but its never nice to read about busts!!
MG- every day above ground is a good day

O

ojd

look what that clown is wearing what a joke

deadly toxic cannabis

that nam grass will do shit to you

G

Galactus

look what that clown is wearing what a joke

deadly toxic cannabis

that nam grass will do shit to you

If that's some of the grit weed that's all over the UK then I don't think he's got enough protection on to be honest.:laugh:

Whenever the fuzz make a big bust like this, it just opens the doors to the criminal element to cut their weed with even more crap as people will buy anything in a drought. It's a common known fact that grit weed only started surfacing in 2006 after a series of major drugs busts throughout the UK. Cannabis became sacrse, prices went up and a new criminal element entered the scene, eager to cash in on the situation.
The government at first denied the existance of grit weed but then changed their responses to "cannabis is illegal so the public shouldn't be using it anyway", flatly refusing to make the public aware of the health issues regarding this new "weed", or acknowledge they have caused what is now becomming a worldwide health issue.

So give yourselves a big pat on the back and try not to think about all the kids whose health you've now put in jepody, because it's the young and naive who are most in danger here.

Prohibition does not work.

Rant over.

G

I

indicadylo

yeah it was all the thai weed going its like homegrown stuff but a nice buzz there still growing around ireland these chinese

JayBee

JayBee

International Toker
Supporter
For the yanks- what is grit weed?

O

ojd

vietnemese dont do the grit they do the wet comercial beasters you guys get

grit weed is serious commercial weed(100's of kilos) grown and sparyed with nasty shit to bulk it up or make it look good
normaly from holland
at first they were using tiny glass particles,then went on to some type of sugar based product (brix plus check it out)
its like cuting coke
i dont see any of that around my way but i hear of alot of it still
at first people noticed it when smoking it would be like sand it your mouth and big dealers started refusing it
but now they got clever ways and people dont notice(i still see it and more feel it on your hands)
if you drop it on paper when its dry and pick it up you have all this crap left on paper
who know what they actualy using these days

peace

F

FastForward

It was the gritweed situation that basically forced me and my mates to start growing our own - kind of the final straw after not being able to find any semi decent weed. It is one thing to score crap weed but it's something entirely different to score dangerously crap weed. There were reports of people getting lung injuries from smoking the early stuff, which I think the glass beads were actually from road sprayers....but sand and all kinds of shit went in there initially. You could taste the grit in your mouth, in your teeth after a hit.

So, no decent weed + gritweed (+ expensive crap weed) = grow your own

The real shame is that it's just like soap bar all over again. We here in the UK are the only fools en masse to buy soap bar (heavily adulterated hash) and people buy gritweed because they can't get anything else. Demand is high for greenery and the supply is low, so the soap and the gritweed peddlers make their money. It's massively fucked up. I guess other places like North America and Europe (continental Europe) are bigger places with bigger borders so it's easier for stuff to happen...but our little old island means people do stupid, desperate things.

That said, the hydro shops are all booming - so I'm hoping more and more people are growing their own too, maybe even drop the demand for that shite a bit more.

FF

Z

zoeronerer

vietnemese dont do the grit they do the wet comercial beasters you guys get

grit weed is serious commercial weed(100's of kilos) grown and sparyed with nasty shit to bulk it up or make it look good
normaly from holland
at first they were using tiny glass particles,then went on to some type of sugar based product (brix plus check it out)
its like cuting coke
i dont see any of that around my way but i hear of alot of it still
at first people noticed it when smoking it would be like sand it your mouth and big dealers started refusing it
but now they got clever ways and people dont notice(i still see it and more feel it on your hands)
if you drop it on paper when its dry and pick it up you have all this crap left on paper
who know what they actualy using these days

peace
yeah there is also a product called rox someone told me about ........same shit pretendica spray

D

draksensi

If that's some of the grit weed that's all over the UK then I don't think he's got enough protection on to be honest.:laugh:

Whenever the fuzz make a big bust like this, it just opens the doors to the criminal element to cut their weed with even more crap as people will buy anything in a drought. It's a common known fact that grit weed only started surfacing in 2006 after a series of major drugs busts throughout the UK. Cannabis became sacrse, prices went up and a new criminal element entered the scene, eager to cash in on the situation.
The government at first denied the existance of grit weed but then changed their responses to "cannabis is illegal so the public shouldn't be using it anyway", flatly refusing to make the public aware of the health issues regarding this new "weed", or acknowledge they have caused what is now becomming a worldwide health issue.

So give yourselves a big pat on the back and try not to think about all the kids whose health you've now put in jepody, because it's the young and naive who are most in danger here.

Prohibition does not work.

Rant over.

G

yes mate but the goverment like grit weed,
in their twisted minds its gonna be the only thing that will stop people smokin weed if they get lung damage, no more need to ask frank or for any expensive ad campaigns, grit weed job done, WANKERS!

JayBee

JayBee

International Toker
Supporter
Wow, that is some scary shit. Sounds like a scare story from the Ronald Regan days. Really weird that there is so little kind bud and yet prices for herb in uk seems to be cheaper than anywhere else when i do hear about prices.

R

robbiedublu

Seems like you could only sell that stuff to someone 1 time.

C

CoughingMan

I love how that dumbass is wearing a mask. LoL, he's s ignorant he doesnt even know how it works.

capegrower

capegrower

the mask filters out the co2...might save his life...rolls eyes

O

ojd

the vietnemese do not use co2

so the mask is purely to keep the guy from passing out lol
what a fool

R

roorluva

113 kilos of herbal cannabis with a street value of £1.1m,,

which street they buying it off ? sesame fucking street lol

I

indicadylo

think its peroxide there putting on it that hair dye shit that wats going around my way wouldnt touch it have a good dealer far from were i live with alrite size bags and mad weed

I

indicadylo

yea chinese vietnamese, its good in a way...they get all the attention focused of them and we can just carry on gardening...but its never nice to read about busts!!
MG- every day above ground is a good day

in the nederlands i hear the coffeeshops in amsterdam sell rip off weed ,is it true ,and weres the best place to buy weed in amsterdam

I

indicadylo

For the yanks- what is grit weed?

weed with either peroxide,sand,fibre glass on it or they have this gel they put on it for whatever reason i dont know it turns good bud into horseshit,its like trying to smoke a bud dipped in hairgel and dryed,even tho its not dry its hard then when you try break it up it gets wet again ,the bud in america is the best even amsterdam rip you off nowadays,europe is the worst place to live serious

Top Bottom