Chlorine content in tap water question.

• Thread starter CF89
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
CF89

CF89

How bad is chlorine for plants?

I fill 1 gallon milk jugs and let them sit for about a week. Would this evaporate the chlorine? Do they need to be shaken and mixed?

My tap water is 110 ppm.

Dgautreau86

Dgautreau86

My tap water is 150ppm out of the tap and my plants turn out really good. I’m certain chlorine is not great for your plants, but I do not think it’s concentrated enough into the tap water to have a great impact.

JSH1973

JSH1973

Supporter
I'm fairly sure there's both chlorine and fluoride in the water here, it's 240-280 EC out of the Tab as well, all my plants are doing just fine.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

The few ppm’s of chlorine found in municipal tapwater is harmless to plants and micro biology and plants actually use some of it as a nutrient.

If it is chlorine not chloromine it evaperates out of tap water almost as fast as it is poured into the jug. And even sitting not agitated in an open container it would dissapate in a half hour.

Thats what i have read in aquarium and grow guides.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I thought i would add this to the chlorine info. I read in a pro mix article that chloramine found in tap water does not break up and dissipate from the water but it does once its in the soil. And should be low enough concentration to be harmless to plants and micro life.

of course always get a water report or test.

Top Bottom