chlorine evaporation from solution of calcium chloride

• Thread starter pussOGbrah
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
pussOGbrah

pussOGbrah

i've always been hesitant to use calcium chloride as a supplement in my nutrient solution. Since i'm hand feeding coco, i figure the chloride would kill off any fungi or beneficial bacterias in my medium..

But i was just thinking, if i mix the calcium chloride in water before the rest of my other nutes and let it circulate for a day or so before feeding, would all the chlorine evaporate out? Like some people do with tap? If it did, would I be left with a very good source of soluble calcium with any benni killing chlorine>?

This could potentially be much better than calcium carbonate because cal chloride wouldn't have carbonates that could build up in the medium..

Wanna see some knowledgable folks give insight on this one..:cool:

budm

budm

You should post this in Squiggly's thread about asking a scientist. I'm sorry, but I don't know the answer to your question but I'll give you a BUMP.

J

jhonmoral

This could potentially be much better than calcium carbonate because cal chloride wouldn't have carbonates that could build up in the medium..

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
Chloride and chlorine are 2 different things. Chloride does not gas off. You can use CaCl2 to add roughly 1ppm of Ca for every 0.01 gram of CaCl2. I never went over .25 grams (25ppm) myself. Didn't want to add too much Cl.

Latest posts

Top Bottom