Chlorine Remover

• Thread starter CIRE408
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
CIRE408

CIRE408

So I've heard tap water had chlorine added to it. I've been letting my water sit in garbage pails to remove some of the chlorine. Today at Lowes I ran into this product used to treat fish ponds. Wondering if anyone has used this to treat for chlorine in their tap water.

Chlorine remover
Chlorine remover 2
DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
Should be safe for plants since it's made for ponds. The question is, what plant extracts is it made from and what is the n/p/k value?

ViVi

ViVi

I use this one from pets-mart. 2 drops per gallon. On the back it says if adding any Bactria starter to let it sit for 15 minutes. I've followed these directions and my recharge bubbles up like crazy using tap water..(tap is at 147ppm so not crazy high but not r.o either.)

Freshone

Freshone

You can let your water sit out in an open container 24 hrs or bubble your water overnight to remove chlorine without adding anything at all.
Check your water company website and look at the water analysis and see if they use chlorine or a combo of chlorine/chloramine.Chlorine dissipates fast when exposed to open air,chloramine does not dissipate easy at all so you need to run it through a carbon filter to strip it out,good luck!

dnewsome2

dnewsome2

So I've heard tap water had chlorine added to it. I've been letting my water sit in garbage pails to remove some of the chlorine. Today at Lowes I ran into this product used to treat fish ponds. Wondering if anyone has used this to treat for chlorine in their tap water.
You don't need it if you just bubble your water for at least 24 hours. I wouldn't feed my plants anything like that. It's probably basically liquid fabric softener LOL

StandingRock

StandingRock

Chlorine is a micronutrient. Here's a good article on the effects of chlorine. Basically if you're running a hydroponic medium with synthetic nutrients then you'll do just fine with chlorine. I use reverse osmosis water so I actually add chlorine. It's just 10 to 20 ppm or so that I add every few days. Enough that you can smell it. I'm positive city water has similar quantities.

CaliRooted

CaliRooted

I've also had city water take plants to the edge of death

tinderthumbs

tinderthumbs

water out the tap almost smells like a pool 24 hours bubbleing all good u want some clor in your water just not so much as u would need to kill alge or other living stuff

Top Bottom