Chobbles Mother Room!

• Thread starter Chobble
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Chobble

Chobble

Cant wait to see this unfold with your stellar documentation. Im always around ucsc kicking it to my frend, beautiful place to hang. Hope all goes well.

It really is! I love the campus so much. Im a Santa Cruz Native so its always been dear to me as one of the most breath taking views in the area. Plus the meadows and redwoods are spectacular as well. I dont live on campus unfortunately so I just get to enjoy the campus on my bike.

Chobble

Chobble

Chobble

Time to get this bad boy up to date.

Heres the girl scout cookies, she's just putting vegetation back on. We''ll see how she does next round. Her clone are the wimpier ones as well..

The alien og is coming back nicely. Multiple new tops etc. It also hasnt been showing deficiency's like the GSC has. Which may mean alien og is better suited towrds the pH swings in a peat-lite media.

1003131014a

TERRIBLE picture but heres the clones. The 12 on the top are GSC and the 21 on the bottom are alien OG.

1003131016a

Chobble

Chobble

Chobble

Howdy All,

Lifes been a bit stressful as of late. School Work and Life just create the best of cocktails sometimes.

Anyways Im happy to be doing what I love :).

First thing, I got my fertilizer shipment a few weeks ago. 100 lbs of fertilizer from JR peters lab. My 100 gal res costs about 3$ to fill using this stuff. Super duper cheap and I really like it, the stuff is horticultural grade fertilizer mixed for hydroponics. I used it when I grew tomatoes and thos plants loved it. With minimum pH spikes etc.

Mothers are ready to take clones off again after two weeks... Im gonna hold out to not stress them but the alien og is just growing so damn fast. Ill be pulling 20-30 clones off it next round though (which I'm damn stoked on)

The clones got cooked while I was camping -.- The person who was supposed to water them didnt and they died, well most of them. Im hoping to be able to pull one decent one from each variety and proceed training mothers.

Anyways my indoor flowering area's are almost done. So time to get clone production under way.

Chobble

Chobble

Chobble

Been a pretty business as usual week in the mother room.

First off, a shout out to the readers...
Does anyone have experience with roots accelerator? I understand its a PGR and I generally avoid growth regulators but I feel like treating my vegging clones with this may give them an extra kick in flower. ( I will continue doing my research, but there are a few names around here I trust to give good advise on certain products. I cant stress how important it is to use research + hearsay...)

Trimmed up the mothers to start a new tray of clones, got 40 Alien OG and 30 Girl Scout Cookies. Which are extremely high yields for this small of mothers (I'm excited personally). Im feeding at 100 PPM N with 16-4-17, so I'm trying to not push the mothers to hard, they're just pumping out the foliage. This is one day after being destroyed.

The clones are hanging out on there heating mat in the humidity dome. They will be the next crop in my indoor. I'll most likely run the Alien OG and trade the GSC away (If anyone wants to swap some clones, hit me up; The ones in 25's need to go in the next 1 1/2 weeks).

Anyways I was growing these bad boys for mother selection. There where two good Alien OG, and I went with the nicest one (no duh eh?) to put up into a 3G bag to be trained as my second Alien OG mother.

I'm on the fence about the girl scout cookies. I think I'm going to do a few rounds with it and see how the yield, potency, grow type etc is compared to the OG and other varieties I acquire.

This root system was a week old out of the cloning tray. Almost every clone I have had rooted this much, and I'm very satisfied. It looks like the production schedule I hashed out is going to work out.

The flood tray promotes a lot of lower pot root growth, so I will attribute a lot of this nice root growth to the fact these clones have to suck up the water I give them. I calculate how much they need, in turn clog the drain and unplug the needed amount of drip lines to fill the system. Right now I have 1.5g of water filling in the tray daily promoting a lot of solid growth.

The one taller one in the middle is a GSC clone I stuck in Pro-mix in late september. It rooted slowly and is already being out preformed by plants half its age.

It seems that riot plugs to a peat lite media stresses the plant the least and it just keeps putting new roots on. Which was the idea of using the bark plugs. Hell, I almost switched to gro-dan but I'm happy I didnt.

I took this last night as I was finishing up with this bad boy. Absolutely crap picture but heres the new Alien OG mother. I chose this clones because of the 5 axillary buds on the short ~3 clone. Meaning they will establish strong main branches for me to train the mother with.

Much love to my fellow farmers,
Chobbles gotta go study for his spanish midterm...

1023132043a
Chobble

Chobble

With my new flower room constructed, I am ready to get these clones going. 5 Days in and lots of roots showing so Im excited to see how this first round goes. I need to drop by the hydro store and pick myself up another digital timer, for my pump. Im really excited to get this indoor going though. Im thinking about growing the Girl scout cookies and the Alien OG side by side. I may move in a few harli clones I have in another room for some premo joint rolling CBD stuff ;).

I also take the yellowing fan leaves as a good sign, So I plucked them after the picture. Hopefully those nutes went right to build big strong roots :).

I'm off to start working on the room and clean it up, I've let things get cluttered while construction has been going on.

Imma go build some shelves.

Chobble

Chobble

Chobble

Morning everybody,

With winter coming in I'm moving everything out of the greenhouse and preping them to be moved under lights. I'm also beginning the first round of my indoor that will steadily be expanded to 8K watts through out the year. Thus the mother room was constructed to

I'll be starting a new journal for that.

Yesterday I potted up the first batch of clones for the new flower room...

Alien OG with some nice ass roots... (AFTER ONLY 7 DAYS!)

1101131206a

Then the girl scout cookies kicken it over here..

Potted them all up in Promix HP. Roots really explode in the stuff. I got a few extra bails and am going to mix my media this weekend. Looking at 30% Peat 20% Coco 50% Perlite.

Anyways everything is rooting in 16's, I'll pot them up to 3G in a week when the roots have over taken those pots.

Chobble

Chobble

Chobble

The rooms fully stocked to the brim. Couldn't fit another plant if I wanted to. I have a bunch of cuttings still sitting under the rooting lights as well.

Tray #1 - Mothers and Clones

Tray #2 - Fresh Clones to root for flower. These will root and be potted up in a week or so. I have never taken the tray out and pre loaded it with clones before, I did it today and think I will do it when possible again.

Chobble

1102131846a
Chobble

Chobble

The Mother room is fulllllllllllllllllll. Plants are growing over the hood, So Im topping and training like Crazy. The Mothers are so lush and beautiful! I'm keeping the room at 70-72 degrees so the bulbs dont burn the leaves, They're suffering from very little burn.

Im going to work on the new Alien OG mother once the clones are all into the flower room. Its developing really nicely and I can see roots growing out the side of the cloth pots.

1105132051a

1105132051a

I'm currently thinking about upgrading to two 400w Metal Halide lights. Im just worried about the cooling problems I may face. I have my environment finely tuned atm and would probably have to upgrade to a large fan.

1105132052a

The cuttings are all rooting nicely, with roots popping out 4 days later. Things are looking good here in my neck of the woods.

Chobble

1105132051b
Chobble

Chobble

IMG 0203

The mothers, Just over 1 ft tall are teeming with branches and fresh cuttings waiting to be cut. Pictures from this morning. I took cuttings and cleaned them up.

I also have a bunch of fresh clones in 4" pots, they're super healthy etc. If anyone wants to trade genetics I'd be interested! Feel free to get in contact with me.

Chobble

Chobble

Chobble

The mothers are doing great, Still need to be pruned back again. Currently training the 2nd Alien OG mother and have cuts started for a 4th CBD dominant mother.

Just finished hitting them with my own "Magic Bullet" foliar spray, Does anyone have experience with CA-25 and is it worth ordering? Everything I have read has lead me to believe it is...

1 oz Liquid Kelp
10 ml B-1 Vitamin
1/2 Gal Compost Tea

We'll see how they do ...

Yet again, If anyone wants to trade genetics. I have these very healthy cuttings waiting for a new home, otherwise I'm throwing them out.

Clones Im rooting for a patient who's gonna go out and start growing his own. Sure I may lose a patient, but Im empowering another person to grow there own medicine. I only want to be here for those who cant or dont have the ability to do so. Self reliance is key imo ;)

Chobble

Chobble

Chobble

The mothers are... Large. Im keeping them big because I need to take a lot of clones in a few weeks. I keep taking trimmers to them and pulling off a load of plant material but it just grows back.

Nothing to complain about I guess ;)

Chobble

DieselDuds

DieselDuds

Hey what kind of rooting cubes are those chobbles? Those the rapid rooters? I really dig how strong your clones are. You using a dome for your cloning?

Chobble

Chobble

Hey what kind of rooting cubes are those chobbles? Those the rapid rooters? I really dig how strong your clones are. You using a dome for your cloning?

Yes sir, Rapid rooters. I like to try to keep the media as close to the same thing as possible. Tree bark to Peat moss is pretty good. Make sure to soak them prior to use in a light nutrient solution.

Yes, Im using a humidity dome. I spray the dome (Not the plants) with ample water every morning and night, on day 7 I open the vents up.

Hope that helps,
Chobble

DieselDuds

DieselDuds

Ty sir for the reply awesome that's the shit I need lol. Strong clones = strong ass monster beast plants lol

DieselDuds

DieselDuds

Haha chobbs. Where did you get the big plastic trays ubhave your girls in

Chobble

Chobble

Haha chobbs. Where did you get the big plastic trays ubhave your girls in

They're like 20G mixing tubs, for concrete etc. You can get them at the home depot for about 20$ a pop and work really well. They have very minor drainage issues but the plants tend to just soak it up in the first half hour after watering.

Chobble

Chobble

Chobble

Boo yaaa the home deep saves the day again.
Yeah, I bought most of the stuff for this project at home depot. Short of the drippers, pump and timers I already had. It all cost about 100$ to get set up, Mostly because I had to perfect the design.

Chobble

DieselDuds

DieselDuds

Damn that's it not too bad at all! How much product you pull from that setup usually?

Latest posts

Top Bottom