Chocolate Chunk

• Thread starter trichburner
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
T

trichburner

Karma , Can you give us info (and hopefully pics) about the CC's used in your crosses ? I just received the CCC beans . There's enough info to be had about the Chemdog D IX1 , but info on Chocolate Chunk is lacking despite having been available for years . Specific info I'm after is bud structure , smell , taste , type of high , branching patterns , and leaf variations .

Hope that's not too much to ask .

K

Karma Genetics

Hi Trichburner

I have to look for the pic's but i have some on here somwhere.... I can say you she is a good producer, Makes longer buds along the stem a good sog plant, works great with a lot of plants on 1 m. For a indica it got a good strech. The leafes are not totaly indica they are a bit slender for that. It makes dark green leafes, The High is kind of stoned, The taste is full in the mouth a bit sweet but defantly not a real sweety, More like a healthy candy. I am going to look for some picture's from here. can be there on the office computer then i will post them monday.

H

HerbalTea

If I may, I grew out some Chocolate Chunk a coupla grows back...sorry to say I don't have any decent pics, though...

In my own experience, I'd agree with almost all o' what KG said. My own girls had pretty typical, broad Indie leaves instead. Rich, dark green, but the apical tips where growth started was a bright, electric hue. Very pretty plant. Branches very well, holds water and doesn't need a lotta feeding, and roots/clones slowly. This strain was the earliest of any I've tried so far to show signs of resin production at flower. The buds didn't really beef up until the last 2 weeks, but were dense when done.

I found the taste to be the biggest disappointment, although this was probably the smoooooothest and least expansive toke I've ever had. The flavor I found to be more earthy/hashy than anything else, but maybe a longer cure mighta helped that. The high was a hard hitting body blow. Ya won't be going anywhere for a while, except bed if you over indulge...

As for smell...the burn I found typical, and the buds...nothing impressive. But if you're a security minded grower, this is the plant for you. At the peak of flowering, I had to give 'em a hard shake before gettin' anything at all. Very, very low aroma plant.

T

trichburner

Karma - Thanks for the details . I seen some pics from your thread over at the other place . There weren't very many of the CC by itself , but I did notice the narrow (for an Indica) leaves and also a wide finger spacing on the leaves . I'm putting the first grow of CCC to seed so I can explore the 2nd generation . Any visual aids that I can use when it comes time to separate pheno's in the 2nd gen will be much appreciated .

HerbalT - Input always welcome . Glad you mentioned the feeding habits . Light feeders are a big plus as I plan on growing this cross outdoors . I use native soil as much as possible . Also thanks for bringing up the flowering habits as well . That info might be very helpful if Karma also noticed this as well ;)
This strain was the earliest of any I've tried so far to show signs of resin production at flower. The buds didn't really beef up until the last 2 weeks, but were dense when done.

M

mr green-27

I am growing a plant right now of the chocolate chunk kush, its been flowerinf for 39 days now and it is a very vibrant plant with very beautiful buds there back tight to the stem, and the stem is like a tree truck in size. I will post pics a.s.a.p

Top Bottom