Chocolate Thai

• Thread starter Hazeman
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Terpz719

Terpz719

Have Vietnam black, VB x Romulan, Willie Nelson (VB x Nepalese), Royal Purple Thai
All in cups now on 3 week perpetual grow.
WOW. VB and Willie Nelson - you've got some classic genetics there. Good luck!

stanknugzz77

stanknugzz77

They have some interesting strains - a lot of older stuff you don't see much. They have a list of new crosses for 2020 on an IG post that I find about impossible to read. I emailed them yesterday to see if I can get a version compatible with old guy eyes. I've grown out three of their so far - Cherry Bomb (Maui Wowie IBL), Mazar x PCK, and Guerrero.

What's the story on the drawOH CT you and cemchris were discussing? Never heard of him/it.
I truly appreciate people who give their time and energy to preserving old school cultivars. Especially when they are unique and interesting. I do not have an IG and my eyes were not good enough to see that post either haha. I emailed them for a cultivar list and received a quick response. It seems that they might only accept paypal though and I prefer cash tracked. I also looked up Snowhigh's contact information, as I did not realize that he was still breeding. I still have some of his Golden White Grapefruit, Holy Diver and Quicksilver seeds, but I am not sure if they would germinate after all of these years.

Now you are having me work my memory haha. I can't tell you for certain that I recall all of this correctly, but from what I can remember, DrawoH was Collectible Seeds. I am fairly sure that he sourced his Chocolate Thai from DNA in the early 2000s, maybe around '04-06. I definitely can't recall the specifics haha. I am pretty sure he worked them and made Chocolate Thai F2 and 2.5. From there he gifted them to quite a few different breeders who I have always held in high regard to use in their work. Positive vibes...

~nugzz

Terpz719

Terpz719

I truly appreciate people who give their time and energy to preserving old school cultivars. Especially when they are unique and interesting. I do not have an IG and my eyes were not good enough to see that post either haha. I emailed them for a cultivar list and received a quick response. It seems that they might only accept paypal though and I prefer cash tracked. I also looked up Snowhigh's contact information, as I did not realize that he was still breeding. I still have some of his Golden White Grapefruit, Holy Diver and Quicksilver seeds, but I am not sure if they would germinate after all of these years.

Now you are having me work my memory haha. I can't tell you for certain that I recall all of this correctly, but from what I can remember, DrawoH was Collectible Seeds. I am fairly sure that he sourced his Chocolate Thai from DNA in the early 2000s, maybe around '04-06. I definitely can't recall the specifics haha. I am pretty sure he worked them and made Chocolate Thai F2 and 2.5. From there he gifted them to quite a few different breeders who I have always held in high regard to use in their work. Positive vibes...

~nugzz
Thanks for the info! FWIW, I really enjoy the history behind the strains. SOS are some pretty cool folks and may allow for alternative methods of payment. You might ask for options. Have you run anything for Snowhigh? I've had my eye on a few of their offerings.

I appreciate and support those keeping old genetics alive too. While I have tried a TON of strains, some of my most memorable experiences, in terms of tastes and or effects were from back in the day - I know it seems to be the old guy refrain. I struggle to discern how much of that is due to set, setting, and how different I am now. Even accounting for all of that, I last time I experienced that wonderful sweet/incense/sandalwood/cedar of Columbian Gold was when I had actual Columbian Gold. Hell, I even thought of just chucking mine out in the backyard and let it sun dry/cure, lol.

R

RenaissanceG

Here’s my Purple Thai at cut, about three weeks into slow cure, oiliest plant I’ve ever seen. Been cutting orange hair joints off my tester top.
Nice grow! Just curious, how was the effect of Drawoh's Chocolate Thai?

I was thinking of getting it from Snow and growing it out, I heard it's a bit indica-ish since somewhere in there it was crossed with an indica?

Wanted to see if anyone can input as to how the effect is of Drawoh's Chocolate Thai

Latest posts

Top Bottom