Chocolope grow problem? (pic)

• Thread starter Jimson
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
J

Jimson

Hi, I am growing Chocolope for the first time. I got a couple fem seeds from Attitude after visiting the Grey Area in November. It's not medicinal - for me but my head 'thinks' this would be a great daily after-work treat.

I had BIG problems getting the choc seeds started - seedlings were puny - had to be babied. I wound up with only one survivor. I cloned her (fairly easy!) and stuck the mom in my flowering tent 2 weeks ago.

I grow in soil (based on Ocean Forest), except for a weak feeding of Budswel this mom has not been fed -yet. She is in with other strains in the same soil - LSD, Super-skunk & Himalayan Gold - the other plants are making me smile. "Choc-1" is definitely mostly Sativa, took 12 days to show bud, doesn't drink much, shows mild leaf curl and it must be said - right now, she's still stretching. Usually, at 2 weeks, I expect the stretch to have finished.

Generally, mom looks OK but about half of her leaves are showing light spots like a nute lockout situation and the new growth is coming out Twisted on only one side of the leaf!?? If it was just the bottom leaves I'd let 'em go but the new growth is even stranger. My camera is not the best for this but in the 2nd picture, the upper fan leaf, you can see the same (nute deficiency?) light spots the bottom leaves show -but only on the right side of the leaf 'fingers'.

I have seen twisting leaves in a fast-growing hydro plant (PPP) but not in soil. My clones are showing the same spots but no twisting. So, is this typical for the strain?

Any clues would be very welcome. Thanks.

choc_lower.jpg
choc_upper.jpg

BCNU

J

Jimson

She is in with other strains in the same soil - LSD, Super-skunk & Himalayan Gold - the other plants are making me smile.

Replace Himalyan Gold with Big Bang - another new one to me.

B

BUDOGHI

Looks like she might be sensitive to ferts. Probably not a big feeder common with sativas.

crom

crom

Cannobi Genetics
Supporter
My Chocolope pheno is yummy, and sensitive to excessive pushing from nutes. I would back off the nutes a bit and maybe flush then refert with a weaker solution. Cheers and good luck

crom

crom

Cannobi Genetics
Supporter
One more thought. I was looking at your pictures again and started to think that maybe its a cal/mag issue?? I have seen this on leaves where it looks as though it was "airbrushed" green/yellow. I'm not positive but if your in hydro and get this it's either overfert/sensitive or maybe a cal/mag/ph issue since they are all related. I don't know but if you figure it out let us know. Cheers

K

KrazyDan

Ocean forest can be harsh on plants without a substantial root system...itwill pass....check your runoff PH..and add accordingly without any nutes until they take off..flood..and let dry.;)
KD

C

chief greenleaf

Whats happenin Jimson, I second that its probably a cal mag issue. Ive been workin with a Choc pheno for awhile now and mine is a huge cal mag hog! My pheno is pretty unusual but all the females that I selected from seemed ta really love all the cal mag I could give em. Right now Im feedin em more than double the recommended rate and they could still take more.
Check out some of my threads, there's def a lot of good info ta read especially if you plan on keepin the Chocolope around. Feel free ta PM me too if ya got any questions or anything.
How's the growth structure and stretch on the pheno youre workin with anyway?

J

Jimson

Late again - sorry!

I am blowing it again with the Choc. Got my first root-rot in soil on two so I just pulled them. The other two were overheated at least twice. A lot more stretch this run and the buds have turned fluffy with 'funny' trichs. ( I forget what it's called but the trich heads are on a short stump instead of a longish stalk ) Good stuff though - "next time for sure"!

Top Bottom