Choice methods for autoflower Strains

• Thread starter Badchoice
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Badchoice

Badchoice

Just trying to get a general idea on what people do or have done when they have grown an auto flower.
so to start what a common light schedule have you seen Or used to I guess be the “sweet” spot if their is one?
Personally thinking 20/4 would be super productive for the whole grow but that’s me, what do I know 🙂

Backyard_Boogie

Backyard_Boogie

I have had good success with autos under different light cycles including 24/0. However I do think the plants benefit from having some dark time it helps them recover. Only one I haven't tried yet is 19/5 which seems like an odd number but it may end up being a good compromise. Im gonna try it next run. Just a thought.

Edinburgh

Edinburgh

You do not run autos 24 7 you can but it stresses them and all you get is a bigger light bill and yea they stretch out when lights are off, plants need at least 6 hours of darkness or rather an 18 6 light cycle, how would you like it if you were tortured by not being allowed to sleep, been running em 9 and a half years and ran 1 24 7 and it came out not up to my high grow standard. Pic Skywalker by Methisto at day 52.

Moshmen

Moshmen

Different strains respond differently to length and intensity, good place to start is 18/6 and find what works fir you 24/7 never did me any good

Badchoice

Badchoice

Off subject sorry but I know people who live in edin also know a couple peeps from fife or fifa? I don’t remember how to spell it sry

Badchoice

Badchoice

I have had good success with autos under different light cycles including 24/0. However I do think the plants benefit from having some dark time it helps them recover. Only one I haven't tried yet is 19/5 which seems like an odd number but it may end up being a good compromise. Im gonna try it next run. Just a thought.
You know by saying that, got me thinking about 17/7? And collective as of now it seems 24/0 doesn’t seem to be the best idea but maybe if height is an issue could always use the less hours to regulate the height Growth and make it more bushie with training or something.

Backyard_Boogie

Backyard_Boogie

You know by saying that, got me thinking about 17/7? And collective as of now it seems 24/0 doesn’t seem to be the best idea but maybe if height is an issue could always use the less hours to regulate the height Growth and make it more bushie with training or something.
Yeah 24/0 is not ideal at all. I mean sure you can do it and I tried it before but definitely not ideal. I usually just set it at 18/6 like what the other people have recommended. That has worked well for me every time. I do think that some strains can handle a bit more and others may benefit from a bit less. This is why I mentioned 19/5 I was thinking if it was a strain that can handle more light then maybe the extra one hour would make a difference. Or maybe you just hit a point of diminishing returns I guess you would just have to try it and see. I know for sure that the true Siberian land race Ruderalis cultivars can handle much more light but of course they have all been crossed with high THC strains so they need darkness in order to stay healthy. Maybe Edinburg is right why try to reinvent the wheel when you can just go with the standard 18/6? Im sure someone somewhere did a real experiment with scientific research on this. Would be an interesting read.

Top Bottom