Christmas Babies - Shoreline/BuKu

• Thread starter ShorelineTex
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

ShorelineTex

3 shoreline (f1 hybrid or something my buddy found in a bag of *real* shoreline, and the apple didn't fall far from the tree) and a Burmese Kush (front right), in flowering pretty much straight from clone for 3 days.

In a 1.5x1.5 tent, under 150w HPS w/2x26 watt CFLs. Cow poop, blood/bone meal, soil, epsom salt, and dolomite lime, plus some perlite for aeration. Topped with sand in a likely vain attempt to prevent fungus fly proliferation. Milk jugs ftw, baby.

59007d1261463457-shoreline-cut-1.jpg

ShivaSkunkPunk

ShivaSkunkPunk

Thats what im talkin bout my man, like your setup, keep us posted and keep up the good work

D

Dr Tweed

hey bro be watchin this like to see how your bermese turns out, good luck with the grow and doin the right ting with the and prevention is better than tryin too cure..lol had a problem with these little f*&^5&s too try gnatoff if you have a prob it works great and sticky traps...lol and just wonderin what your ph is at too?

S

ShorelineTex

The ph was at like 6.8 the other day...I think she's just nute sensitive. She and her sisters *seem* to be growing out of it, but the ph will be checked every watering nevertheless...

D

Dr Tweed

ah ok bro ye the new growth seems to have grown out of it...are you waterin with 6.8 or 6.3 and what the ph of the run off??
try for 6.3 bro it likes it bout there best in soil..imoand what you medium

R

Rolln J

love the recycled milk jugs bro - sand will help if its at least an inch thick - them lil bastards like to dive bomb their holes and cant if they are full of sand.

S

Siksol

good see another texas grower, ill be checking in on this grow!

S

SmokeMan

Hey bro you should keep your ph at 6.3 - 6.5 in soil. The mix you got should be good at that point. Bro You do already have some lockout on 1 of your plants. Drop your PH a little and she will green right up. Other wise all is looking good. I hope I run into this shoreline oneday myself.

S

ShorelineTex

I read this "Nitrogen is a very important element in the plant, all of them are but some are more important than others. For soil the best ph to have is 6.8. Why? Because at 6.8, that’s the best number for ALL available nutrients to be absorbed into the plant without any of them being locked out. For hydro and soil less mediums best ph to have is around 5.8.
Try not to keep your plants to cold, because the cold temps will cause the nitrogen harder for the plant to be absorbed." from another post (). Do some strains do better at lower pH? Never seen Shoreline suffer (too much) at 6.8, but BuKu definitely doesn't like something in the mix about 50% of the time...

They're at 6.8 now and won't need water for a while (unless the general consensus is that it's absolutely necessary)... Take a look at the pic and see if the new growth looks like it's on the mend:

D

Dr Tweed

hey tex happy xmas bro,lookin good new growth seems a lot better did you drop your ph abit recomend ph6.3 for buku in soil bro i had no prob at 6.3 when i raised slightly to
6.5 - 7 she showed same stress as yours did but yours do seem to be growin out of it.
new growth looks ok..

G

gronnh20

Seeds in a bag of Shoreline? Sweet. I definitely like the shoreline that goes around. Never found any seeds though. Looking good. Keep em green.

S

ShorelineTex

hey tex happy xmas bro,lookin good new growth seems a lot better did you drop your ph abit recomend ph6.3 for buku in soil bro i had no prob at 6.3 when i raised slightly to
6.5 - 7 she showed same stress as yours did but yours do seem to be growin out of it.
new growth looks ok..

I didn't want to mess with the pH yet since they were soaked with water and seemed to be getting better (I think they were still stressed from cloning).
I suspect that the BuKu has about a 50/50 shot of showing signs of stress within the next week or so if I don't do something - certainly curious about dropping the pH a bit. Their next watering will definitely be with some slightly acidic water just to try it out...after some reading, it sounds like many people do prefer to run at 6.3-6.5, so let's give it a shot and see what happens :)

Thanks for all the feedback everyone!

A

andy107

Merry Christmas, your grow looks good man i like your setup. Im growing some OGK x Querkle in a milk jug and my advice is cover the sides up with something. I had to wrap mine in some blue painters tape because i had algae growing in the jug. (light getting in)

O

ogatec

im runnng shoreline myself. as soon as i get a camera i will upload a few shots to compare. its a great strain, esp. if you like couchlock indica types. its not my fav. cause i like "thinking" weed, shorline has more of a zombie feeling, good nightime smokes. i dont know how much longer i will be growing cause it stinks too bad, but i will always have a jar full for when im in the mood.

also does really well in a swisher sweet!

i will be looking foward to seeing some dried nuget shots to compare.

S

ShorelineTex

Merry Christmas, your grow looks good man i like your setup. Im growing some OGK x Querkle in a milk jug and my advice is cover the sides up with something. I had to wrap mine in some blue painters tape because i had algae growing in the jug. (light getting in)

They'll get wrapped in contact paper next time around...doesn't seem to be too bad right now, and I'm lazy :)

Thanks for the thought though...a def must-do next time all the jugs are empty.

D

Dr Tweed

hey tex well done bro looks like they gettin over that lock out

Latest posts

Top Bottom