Christmas harvest 2021 going for broke:)

• Thread starter 1diesel1
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Trustfall

Trustfall

Supporter
Speaking of tk x gccf2
This pheno has taken the lead.
8FF994A3 A7DF 4B6C A757 4BFC00B23AB4
9CAE140B BAC6 44E7 8F1F 55E0E515C651

this one was very close but seems to be falling off.
DE66731F EB39 41E6 B78F 0B496E120E24
2E3A114B 1942 4A84 81EB C0897AC9CA86

Frankster

Frankster

Never trust a doctor who's plants have died.
Supporter
Sweeeeeet...Nice job @Trustfall! 👍 😎✌️
I've pulled this one stoned several times. I think I've done it too a few different people, actually. 😫 I forget. I know I did it to @BurnzYzBudZz at least once.
Keeping several windows open at once and loosing track of them. 🤡 Probably more difficult to do on a phone, I can't say.

Frankster

Frankster

Never trust a doctor who's plants have died.
Supporter

Holy shit, I thought that was Arbuscular mycorrhiza fungi, it's not.

Azospirillum brasilense
is a well studied, nitrogen-fixing (diazotroph), genetically tractable, Gram-negative, alpha-proteobacterium bacterium. A. brasilense is able to fix nitrogen in the presence of low oxygen levels, making it a microaerobic diazotroph. An isolate from the genus Azospirillum was isolated from nitrogen poor soils in the Netherlands in 1925.

The genome of A. brasilense Sp245 has been sequenced and is 7Mbp in size and spread across 7 chromosomes. The high GC content (70%)

This genus is widely found in the rhizospheres of grasses around the world where and confers plant growth promotion, through direct nitrogen flux from the bacteria to the plant or through hormone regulation is debated. The two most commonly studied strains both are Brazilian isolates from Tropical grasses around Seropedica, Brazil.

The strain is natively resistant to both spectinomycin and ampicillin antibiotics. Kanamycin resistance is used as a selectable marker. A. brasilense has a high evolutionary adaptation rate driven by codon mutation and transposon hopping. 70% GC content is a really good indicator.

In molecular biology and genetics, GC-content (or guanine-cytosine content) is the percentage of nitrogenous bases in a DNA or RNA molecule that are either guanine (G) or cytosine (C). DNA with low GC-content is less stable than DNA with high GC-content; however, the hydrogen bonds themselves do not have a particularly significant impact on molecular stability, which is instead caused mainly by molecular interactions of base stacking.

it has been shown that there is a strong correlation between the optimal growth of prokaryotes at higher temperatures and the GC-content of structural RNAs such as ribosomal RNA, transfer RNA, and many other non-coding RNAs. The AU base pairs are less stable than the GC base pairs, making high-GC-content RNA structures more resistant to the effects of high temperatures. More recently, it has been demonstrated that the most important factor contributing to the thermal stability of double-stranded nucleic acids is actually due to the base stackings of adjacent bases rather than the number of hydrogen bonds between the bases. There is more favorable stacking energy for GC pairs than for AT or AU pairs because of the relative positions of exocyclic groups. Additionally, there is a correlation between the order in which the bases stack and the thermal stability of the molecule as a whole.

In turn, these interactions seem to be important in conferring stability to higher order structures of DNA and RNA transcripts. In bacteria, for example, an increase in GC content correlates with a higher temperature optimum and a broader tolerance range for a species. Thus, strands with more G-C content have more hydrogen bonding, are more stable, and have a greater resistance to denaturation.

These types of organism were part of the mid-Tertiary, when grasses become more diversified. So high GC paring seems to corollate with higher evolved species of plants, and kind of sit at the top of the evolutionary pyramid so to speak. There important players in plant health, and keeping pathogen in check.

Last edited:
Top Bottom