Chuckin Pollen?

• Thread starter c4NN4daze
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

c4NN4daze

Hey Farmheads,

I need your thoughts on how this sounds. Keep this respectable please. I will be receiving some seeds... I want more of these seeds. I will be popping all of these and sexing them. I will keep the most boner-fied, robust, stinky :icon_stick man:male of ALL the males and pollinating the remaining females....Is this correct in getting the best quality? I believe it is...never done this before though.

Please let me know what you think of this and I would like some help as to how I can make the best seeds possible with when i should drop the pollen or if its just natural....Don't know.

CD

B

bastard_x

You will need a remote place to flower out your males and you will want to chose the male with the most pollen sacks and and the most preferable structure . The pollen/ flowers must be dried for a day or so then stored in the refridgerator . this will preserve it for a matter of months . If you put them in the freezer (after dried) they might last up to 6 months but the pollen must be thawed in dry conditions and will not be as viable so you will need more pollen to do the job.
The time to pollinate is when you see a lot of white hairs shoot, i just gently bend the branches down into the container of pollen then touch the hairs on the pollen dust (the dust might not be visible in small amounts). This will allow you to be selective about the branches you seed . If you pollinate a few large branches thuroughly you could get a few hundred seeds . If you chuck the pollen in a room with a fan and 4 large plants you could get thousands of seeds and you will have low quality smoke off those trees once you pick all of the seeds out.
Give the pollinated buds a minimum of a month to form the seeds and fully mature. longer is better in this case . I let my seeds dry out for a few weeks then store them in a dry dark cabinet in airtight containers.
I was curious what strain you will be making seeds ? Goodluck , bastard_x

C

c4NN4daze

Thanks. I will be doing this and making BHO with the harvest. Keep the seeds and spread some love. Peace CD

TortureKill

TortureKill

To do it right, and have the best probability of producing the best f2s you possibly can, ---You would want to grow out all of the seed plants.
-Discard any stunted, mutated, slow growing, or unworthy plants. Only the best should remain.
-Take cuts of the remaining plants.
- You can keep your clones in stasis or root and veg them while you Flower out your female seed plants..
-After drying and curing test your females. Whichever flowers exhibit the best traits, you will keep. There may be 2 or more females you decide to keep. Pitch the other female clones.
From the remaining females you will need a few clones of each pheno rooted. However many males you need to test, you will need that many cuts of each female phenotype.
Now breed each male to each different female, carefully labeling each cross. (EX. Male #1 x Female #1, theres many different ways ppl chart and label, whatever technique u use)
You will grow out the resulting seed from each cross and the final product tested. This is the only true way to test males, and their compatibility. Any other method is a shot in the dark. Eventually you will end up with one stud, and the best female from your pack. You can go on with these up the filial gens, or even bx.

A shorter method would be open pollination. All seed plants would be grown out in the same space and vegged for set amount of time. Any spindly or weak plants discarded of course. You would flower the males and females together, and just let the pollen fly. After drying select only the best buds, to save seed from, discard the rest. You could then go into testing the resulting seed, and only breeding with the best plants. Over several seasons selecting for your favorite traits. You wouldnt know who the best male donor was in this case, but Ive seen it done both ways. If your serious about breeding I would test each male. If you just want a good seed stash, open pollinate.

Many ppl claim to have their techniques for selecting the best males during veg, but theres no true way to know what traits a male will pass or what will be dominant, unless you actually complete the cross, document and save everything. A lot of ppl think breeding is like mixing paint. When in fact its much more complicated. Whatever you choose to do I wish you the best of luck, and theres loads of information about plant breeding, more than I have time to get into right now. Search around, theres tid bits here on this thread, other forums, and other parts of the web. If your thinking about getting serious with plant breeding I would suggest finding a Robert Clarke book

winta

winta

....on the next episode of Your The Man!!! thanx bro great info

To do it right, and have the best probability of producing the best f2s you possibly can, ---You would want to grow out all of the seed plants.
-Discard any stunted, mutated, slow growing, or unworthy plants. Only the best should remain.
-Take cuts of the remaining plants.
- You can keep your clones in stasis or root and veg them while you Flower out your female seed plants..
-After drying and curing test your females. Whichever flowers exhibit the best traits, you will keep. There may be 2 or more females you decide to keep. Pitch the other female clones.
From the remaining females you will need a few clones of each pheno rooted. However many males you need to test, you will need that many cuts of each female phenotype.
Now breed each male to each different female, carefully labeling each cross. (EX. Male #1 x Female #1, theres many different ways ppl chart and label, whatever technique u use)
You will grow out the resulting seed from each cross and the final product tested. This is the only true way to test males, and their compatibility. Any other method is a shot in the dark. Eventually you will end up with one stud, and the best female from your pack. You can go on with these up the filial gens, or even bx.

A shorter method would be open pollination. All seed plants would be grown out in the same space and vegged for set amount of time. Any spindly or weak plants discarded of course. You would flower the males and females together, and just let the pollen fly. After drying select only the best buds, to save seed from, discard the rest. You could then go into testing the resulting seed, and only breeding with the best plants. Over several seasons selecting for your favorite traits. You wouldnt know who the best male donor was in this case, but Ive seen it done both ways. If your serious about breeding I would test each male. If you just want a good seed stash, open pollinate.

Many ppl claim to have their techniques for selecting the best males during veg, but theres no true way to know what traits a male will pass or what will be dominant, unless you actually complete the cross, document and save everything. A lot of ppl think breeding is like mixing paint. When in fact its much more complicated. Whatever you choose to do I wish you the best of luck, and theres loads of information about plant breeding, more than I have time to get into right now. Search around, theres tid bits here on this thread, other forums, and other parts of the web. If your thinking about getting serious with plant breeding I would suggest finding a Robert Clarke book

Latest posts

Top Bottom