Cico187's Wifi Grow Under 600 Watt LED Light - First Grow

• Thread starter Cico187
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None

Has LED grow light technology advanced enough to be widely adopted?

• Yay

Votes: 3 75.0%
  • Nay

Votes: 1 25.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Cico187

Cico187

Hello all! This is my first grow EVER! Never done this before and wanted to try my hand at it since I am Medical Card holder in California. I use marijuana for depression and back pain from a sports injury. Anyways, I was interested in the low power consumption that LED are known for. As far as the technology I am using, it is an LED directly from a Chinese manufacturer according to the eBay site. Anyways that is not important, the important thing is this is my first grow and I'm diving into it with a 600 Watt LED grow light.
My 3 clones were recently transplanted to solo cups 1 1/2 weeks ago. I also have 3 seedlings 2 of them are bagseed and the third is Skywalker. I introduced 1 mL of Voodoo Juice and 1 mL of B-52 into a 1 Gal. jug and have watered 2 times with that. Before I was feeding them normal tap water now I give them water purchased from a local water store which puts their water through a huge on-site filtration system. I have my 4' inline fan on full blast sucking air out of my 5ftX8ftX6ft closet space at ~170 CFM.
Strains - 3X White Fire Alien(Indica F1 clones), Skywalker(Indica), Bagseed #1(Unknown Genetics), Bagseed #2(Unknown Genetics)
Soil - Fox Farms Ocean Forrest
Lights - 600 Watt Chinese made LED (PM me for more info I will not promote any specific brands)
Fan - 4' Inline Fan, 4' Inline Carbon Filter
Nutrients - Advanced Nutrients Line; Voodoo Juice, Big Bud, B-52, Overdrive
Techniques: Supercropping
I am currently in week 2 (Day 12) of vegetative growth. You will see there are 3 seedlings 2 of them are pretty well developed and about 2 1/2 weeks old (rough estimate), the smallest one has recently sprouted about a week ago. There are also 3 White Fire Clones; I gave my girls a feeding of voodoo juice and B-52 1mL of each diluted in a 1 gal jug.
I know this all a learning process and I am looking forward to learn a lot from this knowledgeable community! I am the type of grower that is open to constructive criticism, this is my first grow after all and everything I know has been learned through hours of online research and lurking on forums.
IMG_1138.jpg

Overhead view of the girls.
IMG_1139.jpg

White Fire F1 Clone
IMG_1141.jpg

White Fire F1 Clone
IMG_1144.jpg

White Fire F1 Clone
IMG_1142.jpg

Bagseed #1
IMG_1143.jpg

Bagseed #2

Last edited:
Cico187

Cico187

Updates on the ladies!
you can see below I transplanted 2 of my White Fire clones to 3 gal pots.
IMG_1176.jpg

White Fire transplanted to 3 gal pott.
IMG_1178.jpg

White Fire transplanted to 3 gal pott.
IMG_1180.jpg

Bagseed #2 is doing very well, thriving.
IMG_1182.jpg

This little one is the Skywalker from seed.
IMG_1184.jpg

Another White Fire clone, she will be kept in veg for cloning.
IMG_1186.jpg

This is Bagseed #1 she is doing ok, a bit droopy and some slight yellowing on the leaves
IMG_1188.jpg

Overview of my garden!
Comments and questions welcome!

Cico187

Cico187

[video=youtube;N3h18bN8nKI]

Hello everyone! I've been quite busy lately with finals and what not.
Anyways here is the YouTube video update as promised. You can see there has been a lot of change lately, the girls are at day 13 of the bloom cycle. I am currently running @ 2.5 mL per gallonfor both Voodoo Juice and Big Bud, but next feeding will consist of Big Bud and B-52 @ 3 mL per gallon. I've also introduced a table spoon of brown sugar with every feeding as well. Thats all for this week and until after the holidays as far as updates. Thanks for staying tuned, hope everyone enjoys the holidays!
;)

P.S. I apologize for the poor quality, if anyone has any tips on how to improve video recording on an iphone 5 under LED light.

Gamrstwin36

Gamrstwin36

[video=youtube;N3h18bN8nKI]

Hello everyone! I've been quite busy lately with finals and what not.
Anyways here is the YouTube video update as promised. You can see there has been a lot of change lately, the girls are at day 13 of the bloom cycle. I am currently running @ 2.5 mL per gallonfor both Voodoo Juice and Big Bud, but next feeding will consist of Big Bud and B-52 @ 3 mL per gallon. I've also introduced a table spoon of brown sugar with every feeding as well. Thats all for this week and until after the holidays as far as updates. Thanks for staying tuned, hope everyone enjoys the holidays!
;)

P.S. I apologize for the poor quality, if anyone has any tips on how to improve video recording on an iphone 5 under LED light.

WELCOME to the FARM. Now...Brown Sugar?? First i've ever heard of brown sugar being used . Good genetics let's see what those LEDS do...Grow On!!

Cico187

Cico187

@Gamrstwin36 thanks brother! Well it makes sense to me from a biochemistry stand point. Brown can sugar is unrefined if I'm not mistaken. Therefore making it similar to molasses although these 2 sugars are produced in 2 different species of plants I would assume marijuana plants can still breakdown and use those sugars, not only will it help the plant but I believe sugars also benefit the microorganisms in the soil may also feed off these sugars. Although I'm not too sure about that last theory. So far I've seen good results with my current methods.

Cico187

Cico187

There are x200 3Watt LED diodes, with a minimum of 9 of the required spectrums for plant growth. I measured the lumen output at the top of each canopy with a reading of between 2000-2500 lumens.

tailz

tailz

yea mine has the 3w also..
the 5w ones are pretty spendy still.

Cico187

Cico187

I believe the 3watt are sufficient if you have a quality LED light panel. Although I don't believe in the current LED light brands that are out there because you can get the same quality of light if you look around.

Gamrstwin36

Gamrstwin36

@Gamrstwin36 thanks brother! Well it makes sense to me from a biochemistry stand point. Brown can sugar is unrefined if I'm not mistaken. Therefore making it similar to molasses although these 2 sugars are produced in 2 different species of plants I would assume marijuana plants can still breakdown and use those sugars, not only will it help the plant but I believe sugars also benefit the microorganisms in the soil may also feed off these sugars. Although I'm not too sure about that last theory. So far I've seen good results with my current methods.

You just taught me something lol. Now ima buy brown sugar lol. Cant wait to see your love for the plant! ! Makes complete sense! !!

Cico187

Cico187

This is all my own theory on the brown sugar, but I mean it cant hurt it is just a different type of sugar after all. It was cheaper than buying molasses since I already had brown sugar on hand lol. Just gotta think outside the box sometimes. Thanks bro! always glad to share knowledge with my fellow farmers.

Top Bottom