Cinderella G13 | Grow Block | Growing in rockwool

• Thread starter PK1
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
You'll probably be surprised at the weight. I know I was. My last crop didn't look like a ton because of the smaller bud size, but since there was so many ripe keepers it really drove up the number on the scale at the end. Tied my best weight from this room near enough.

tobh

tobh

Supporter
fingers crossed. every run in this tent has progressively been heavier and i damn near broke 2lb last run. would've exceeded it if i hadn't fucked up in so many different ways. this run i'm optimistic though. these girls are dense and pretty much same maturity all the way down the plants. should be a respectable yield either way.

PK1

PK1

Supporter
fingers crossed. every run in this tent has progressively been heavier and i damn near broke 2lb last run. would've exceeded it if i hadn't fucked up in so many different ways. this run i'm optimistic though. these girls are dense and pretty much same maturity all the way down the plants. should be a respectable yield either way.
i think you will be happy with the final count and the super cropping you did definitely gave you a break from needing to do anything further and allowed the plant just to go hard

Frankster

Frankster

Never trust a doctor who's plants have died.
Supporter
yeah, when i do smoke, i prefer joints. can't do bongs anymore, they kill my lungs even with ice and an ash catcher. what i've read about clearex is it can also help make the buds a bit more dense, so that's really something I'm interested in seeing on top of a cleaner burning product since the love stash from last round foxtailed so hard, it never has burned as clean as I'd like. this will be my first time doing a real flush as well, have never really been a believer in flushing throughout all the years I've grown. Figure why not throw one more experiment into this run before shutting er down. Certainly can't hurt at this point, I'm literally just buying time to let the trichomes get where I want em at this point. The plants are pretty much good to go as they are now.
I'm in the same boat brother.

I'll occasionally even wrap them in extracts but joints is all I do these days. It's always been the best way to smoke flowers in my mind. They get smoked down to nubs and either tossed or given away. My lungs can only handle so much these days; and the weed needs to be exceptionally clean. Or I don't even care to smoke it.
PXL 20220113 014650562

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
You've got an incredible amount of density in that room; that's the main problem I'm seeing in there; I've often got much the same issues here.

I would think about taking that room in layers maybe. Or taking whatever steps are necessary to ensure those bottom areas are getting sufficient penetration to properly ripen. The stage where your at right there seems to be where all the trouble begins with a tightly packed tent.

Keep on top of how high you've got them lights sitting toward the ceiling also, they need some space in there too dissipate the heat well. Don't let them get too hot. Burning up one of those expensive lights would be a difficult lesson. I'm always worried the heat sink spacing; or the airflow over them.

The footprint you've got on them really appear to match up the tent nicely. I've been running two similar units; but mine are solid end to end.
PXL 20220113 020930600

Last edited:
Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
You'll probably be surprised at the weight. I know I was. My last crop didn't look like a ton because of the smaller bud size, but since there was so many ripe keepers it really drove up the number on the scale at the end. Tied my best weight from this room near enough.
Agreed; so many factors on end weight; looks can be deceiving. Lots of little ones add up, and oil weight is a huge factor.

tobh

tobh

Supporter
You've got an incredible amount of density in that room; that's the main problem I'm seeing in there; I've often got much the same issues here.

I would think about taking that room in layers maybe. Or taking whatever steps are necessary to ensure those bottom areas are getting sufficient penetration to properly ripen. The stage where your at right there seems to be where all the trouble begins with a tightly packed tent.

Keep on top of how high you've got them lights sitting toward the ceiling also, they need some space in there too dissipate the heat well. Don't let them get too hot. Burning up one of those expensive lights would be a difficult lesson. I'm always worried the heat sink spacing; or the airflow over them.

The footprint you've got on them really appear to match up the tent nicely. I've been running two similar units; but mine are solid end to end.
View attachment 1205879
yeah, there's plenty of penetration. the cutoff you see in the front pic is primarily due to my ineptitude with the camera I have. Trying to learn photography and it's hard as shit to get a good shot with light gradients like what is shown. everything is ripening up pretty equal though.

There's so much airflow in the tent, i think the air in there is likely cleaner than the air in the rest of the house lol five fans in the tent, forced intake, and forced exhaust exchanging the air in the tent probably five times a minute at minimum. The environment is stable at 82F and 50% RH, so no worries of mold or dead zones. pics don't capture the dance, but the girls be shakin.

I have been concerned about how high the lights are. I really didn't want to mount em up that high but these girls stretched so fuckin hard I had no choice otherwise I would've had even more problems with foxtailing. luckily the exhaust is pulling right off the top of them for the most part so if there are hot spots, they're minimal. could be better though, i admit that.

The configuration has been a process as well. After a few disappointing runs, i finally put up for another set of the qb's and built frames for them out of some aluminum channel. The overlap is really consistent so there's a solid LUX reading corner to corner across the entire canopy. Total wattage is 720W @ 100%, as confirmed with a kilawatt meter. all boards running samsung 301H diodes with IR and UV. enough light to scorch plants if one isn't careful, it's way more than is needed but I was sick of loose buds or foxtailed, bleached buds because of plants growing too tall.

This run is finally the one that's damn near dialed. Next one should be the home run. And of course, I appreciate the input. It's been a labor of love and it's finally starting to pay off.

tobh

tobh

Supporter

View attachment 1205879
and to follow up a little on the density thing. final thoughts. my last run was stupid dense. I learned a lot of valuable lessons there. The link is somewhere around, was my dutch bucket system. that run looked super impressive until two weeks before harvest. it was super dense but that density led to so much of the final product being unsmokeable, only useful for edibles and oil, it was a wash imo. yielded less smokeable product than my first run in this tent, after over five years of not sprouting a seed. was quite disheartening.

PK1

PK1

Supporter
and to follow up a little on the density thing. final thoughts. my last run was stupid dense. I learned a lot of valuable lessons there. The link is somewhere around, was my dutch bucket system. that run looked super impressive until two weeks before harvest. it was super dense but that density led to so much of the final product being unsmokeable, only useful for edibles and oil, it was a wash imo. yielded less smokeable product than my first run in this tent, after over five years of not sprouting a seed. was quite disheartening.
im pretty much sold on the rockwool system for now and I think you are too. I'm sure next run will be allot better with everything you took from this 1st round. Honestly dude, I think you got some wicked buds. If your not happy, I'll take them 😉 😄

tobh

tobh

Supporter
im pretty much sold on the rockwool system for now and I think you are too. I'm sure next run will be allot better with everything you took from this 1st round. Honestly dude, I think you got some wicked buds. If your not happy, I'll take them 😉 😄
bring me one of them wedding crasher clones from @Dirtbag on your way down to pick up ;)

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
View attachment 1205913
i dnt know about clones but he sure aint sharing that batch 😄
Haha I'm happy to share, Im somehow keeping a few spare clones alive for cutting when things warm up a bit. They're not happy with me though lol. I just feed them whatever the flowering plants are getting which is .9 ec of bloom and mag pro.

Speaking of which, I think I'm sold on the use of P again lol. That's one thing that MiMed led me astray on. These things use a lot of P in flower and I've noticed far better bud growth this round than I did the last few trying lower P mixes. Dyna grow bloom and mag pro both have an alarming P ratio but it's sure working well.

tobh

tobh

Supporter
Haha I'm happy to share, Im somehow keeping a few spare clones alive for cutting when things warm up a bit. They're not happy with me though lol. I just feed them whatever the flowering plants are getting which is .9 ec of bloom and mag pro.

Speaking of which, I think I'm sold on the use of P again lol. That's one thing that MiMed led me astray on. These things use a lot of P in flower and I've noticed far better bud growth this round than I did the last few trying lower P mixes. Dyna grow bloom and mag pro both have an alarming P ratio but it's sure working well.
the studies on that are so back and forth man... i'm of the school of thought at this point that a good balanced nutrient schedule with tapering N towards the last 4ish weeks of flower is ideal. hell, the first run i did with front row ag, i ran their base two part schedule through the entire run and had excellent results. could the ladies have been better? sure. there were a lot of subprime factors at the time though and the nutrients weren't one of em imo.

jguit

jguit

Supporter
Hey PK1, i'm curious what your irrigation strategy is? I may have missed it somewhere in this thread. Are you following @tobh's baseline schedule? I'm trying to wrap my head around rockwool and would like to give it a try next round. Coco is cool so far but I make too much of a mess with it. Would love to get away from soil-type media for flowering and just deal with ProMix for keeping mothers.

PK1

PK1

Supporter
This morning syringe test was

Rockwool readings at 1.3ec and ph at 6. Temps are at 82f with 71% RH
I have changed my feeding timer again. I noticed the rockwool being too wet now and that's partly my fault for choosing the wrong feeding cycle. I am now doing a generative cycle with more dryback to force the roots for growing further. The waterbed it self stays nice and moist for longer period of time VS the rockwool. My generative cycle is two phases for 18 hour light.
I am certain this cycle will change again when the Panda hydro film arrives.

Morning Cycle Lights On 6 AM
10:00 AM10:01 AM
10:30 AM10:31 AM
11:00 PM11:01 PM
12:00 PM12:05 PM
Evening Cycle
5:00 PM5:01 PM
6:00 PM6:01 PM
7:00 PM7:01 PM
Lights OFF 1 AM

Last edited:
PK1

PK1

Supporter
2022 01 13 212202

Love it, The vegetation phase is like the most easiest and fun moments. Light a join, blast some music and just maintain and enjoy the plants.
Rez looks to be stable at 1.3ec with ph being stable at 5.7
temps 81f at 67% currently

Blue Cheese
2022 01 13 211758
2022 01 13 211736

Let me just say that i love to just hold this plant. She isn't as tall as the other plants but she is very bushy and to make sure that i can bring light to the lower branches I decided that she too gets a massage. So, i got her to bend lol! and turned some leaves to face the light and the aroma was just of the hooooook.

Amnesia Lemon
2022 01 13 211726
2022 01 13 211705

Amnesia Lemon is coming along nicely as well with 8 tops currently. I did have to bend her as she was getting taller and I didn't want my finally canopy look to be uneven. Bare in mind that these plants were grown few weeks apart, but yet the Amnesia Lemon and Blue cheese catched up quickly.

Cinderella
2022 01 13 211832
2022 01 13 211822

Cinderella now has 17 tops with a even canopy. lol, If i was getting massaged everyday i'd be flexible too. Its time for her to grow now.

PK1

PK1

Supporter
This is a great song by james brown but damn this consistent sings it so good

PK1

PK1

Supporter
The dry back has definitely allowed the roots to start out growing from the rockwool. A lot of things are happening behind the scene as i am trying to find out that precise timing on watering. When the 4" rockwools were not under the plastic they were getting dry quicker, but now that its under the plastic the moister content stays longer. I've gone from seven cycles of feeding to five cycles on a minute intervals.
2022 01 14 204157
2022 01 14 204151

Last edited:
Top Bottom