Circular brown spots

• Thread starter Kricia
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
K

Kricia

I'm getting circular brown spots on my fan leaves, then they turn yellow!! What is it? I'm pretty new to growing. The plant is growing outside in the ground

B

borntaskate

Pics? Water ph? But mainly pictures. Lots can cause brown spots.

Edinburgh

Edinburgh

With no pics can't help! If I were to use my amazing intuition your plants were exposed to high rh for extended periods, this often causes spotting and other leaf problems.

T

tcbfarmer

I’ve experienced similar spots for the second year in a row. I read about leaf septoria last year and thought that’s what caused it. Tried taking precautions this grow but they came back again. They look like they are mainly the fan leaves affected. New growth looks good and some growth in sane stem of affected leaves still look good. Affecting middle to lower leaves.

Seed grow. Organic soil with Dr. Earths, 6-4-4 blood meal and bone meal
3 months old
3 ‘- 4’tall
Trans into 7 gallon container from 3 two weeks ago
Water routinely 6.0 once finger depth top soil dries out
Foliar spray once a week for insects with homemade veg or neem oil/Castile soap/water
Soil ph around 7
Have noticed little white bugs flying off of plants when I shake them..
Temp and humidity are high this time of year for outdoor grows.

See pics. Any insight would be welcomed.

38C752E8 9537 45D9 8B49 016D95CF0EDE
DCD41C0D 08F6 4BE8 8FCC DE538025E658
91CB28AA C74B 45A2 AA1F 1B998DF92A4B
77C07C85 B3FB 45AA BB1D F2759414E49D
DF11B0A7 BC4B 4F08 B260 561140329BE0
6A313FEE 91F0 4A2D BB19 6EAC0B400E76
Beachwalker

Beachwalker

I’ve experienced similar spots for the second year in a row. I read about leaf septoria last year and thought that’s what caused it. Tried taking precautions this grow but they came back again. They look like they are mainly the fan leaves affected. New growth looks good and some growth in sane stem of affected leaves still look good. Affecting middle to lower leaves.

Seed grow. Organic soil with Dr. Earths, 6-4-4 blood meal and bone meal
3 months old
3 ‘- 4’tall
Trans into 7 gallon container from 3 two weeks ago
Water routinely 6.0 once finger depth top soil dries out
Foliar spray once a week for insects with homemade veg or neem oil/Castile soap/water
Soil ph around 7
Have noticed little white bugs flying off of plants when I shake them..
Temp and humidity are high this time of year for outdoor grows.

See pics. Any insight would be welcomed.
You're right, it's some type of a fungus, nots septoria, I forget the name but somebody else will probably say it soon but you treat it the same as septoria. I use bondine copper spray with great success, good luck

Ps. Also possibly white flies from your description; check to confirm, then treat for them with a suitable product as directed for best results

T

tcbfarmer

You're right, it's some type of a fungus, nots septoria, I forget the name but somebody else will probably say it soon but you treat it the same as septoria. I use bondine copper spray with great success, good luck

Ps. Also possibly white flies from your description; check to confirm, then treat for them with a suitable product as directed for best results

Thanks Beachwalker. And to think I’ve always thought those white flies were just harmless. I’ve read up on it already and will be combating them as well. Thanks for the response .

Top Bottom