Circulation Question.basment Grow Setup

• Thread starter superweed420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
superweed420

superweed420

my qustion is i need to know where to pull fresh air from?? and where to let hot air out at... . i am buying a home that has basement and want to grow in it..at the time basment is wet and Mold is growing in 1 corner caused bye gutter pushing out water on the foundation of the house and other corner is molded because of not having any gutters at all.so rain is poring down on foundation letting water in ..the basment is built In hill side so basment is really only half way under ground.. after I fix the wet basment and mold problem I'm going to build a 4x4x7 closet hid behind what will look like a smaller closet but will have hidden door to access grow room... grow room will have window for my ac/heater and need to know best place to pull my fresh air from then let hot air out ty

fatawa

fatawa

Well the moisture will aid u n veg i will say that.not that u shudnt correct the downspouts...and drawing hot air out will probably easieatly b accomplishd by going out the chimney..get a coupler that will attatch to filter/fan ducting and run it straight out chimney like it was a hot water tank...yur ac shud b fine as far as bringing fresh air in...

superweed420

superweed420

Well the moisture will aid u n veg i will say that.not that u shudnt correct the downspouts...and drawing hot air out will probably easieatly b accomplishd by going out the chimney..get a coupler that will attatch to filter/fan ducting and run it straight out chimney like it was a hot water tank...yur ac shud b fine as far as bringing fresh air in...
the ac I'm buying will be recirculateing the air inside room it's cooling so no fresh air will be coming out the ac..

fatawa

fatawa

Ya yur limited bro...is it portable?window unit will bring some n.

superweed420

superweed420

Ya yur limited bro...is it portable?window unit will bring some n.
limited?? and yea its a Window unit.. I was thinking it be ok to pull some fresh air from upstairs floor vent that is not being used. or is that a bad ideal??

fatawa

fatawa

No not bad.however u can get itcause it wont b easy.and window unit basicaly pulls freah air n..dehumidifies too but brings it n no less

germinator

germinator

Can you oversize the window ac opening to accommodate inflow and or outflow?
You may wanna do a radon test on your basement conditions.
If discovered around here they usually spec. a blowerfan output setup, it's perfect to tap into an exhaust your basement stealthy.
Gl

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

I'm a basement grower. I do NOT have any outside air exchange, mi us what the house does automatically.

1 fix gutters and water shedding at the foundation

2 bleach scrub every wall, rim joists, and floor. 3x applications

3 use spray foam (check local codes for proper foam type). Spray all rim joists areas all around. Do this now, vs 2 yrs later and only having 1' work space due to rooms taking space making the application 10x harder.

4 paint walls with moisture and mildew blocking paint. If you have $, get the flex seal paint . This will fully seal the walls. Use a water blocker on the floors as well. I like 3 coats. Overkill, maybe. But you have piece of mind with coverage.

5 I use a portable ac. I exhaust the hot air out the basement window.

You'll need to run a deheuy in the basement to help any moisture.

DO NOT use your h2o tank or furnace exhaust as an exhaust for your ac. It can cause a back draft of poisonous gasses and kill you.

Latest posts

Top Bottom